Merged:Collier is RBs Coach Again, Foerster new Offensive Coordinator | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Collier is RBs Coach Again, Foerster new Offensive Coordinator

Coming from someone who has followed the Phins for over 32 years and seen probably all but 15-20 games during that period, I've got to say the lack of a sense of perspective the majority of you guys here have is glaringly apparent.

Who knows what this guy can do, but he's definitely had experience with some top notch offenses in his time and with differing positions. I don't see how anyone can jump to the conclusion that this guy is a downgrade (or upgrade for that matter) from Joel Collier because Collier had no experience at OC either. Just calm down. The guy may surprise the hell out of you and he really can't be any more predictable that the garbage Turner was serving up last year or dippy brown during JJ's tenure.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm not saying "Oh, we're going to the SB!!", but we have just as good a chance as anyone else.
Make the playoffs first before you think about sb. NO! The Pats and other teams have a way better chances that both our teams. At least I can say that objectively.

Justasportsfan said:
It wasn't a slap or smack against your team but a posters comment. You guys hire an unknown and he predicts SB? Are you agreeing w/ him?

Dude. Read into the sarcasm. Read this entire thread. People are panicking (myself included at first) and jumping of the bandwagon left right and center. My point was as bad as this looks, it will not neither win us the SB or makes us go 0-16. Who what will happen this season. The only thing I can say for sure is that the Bills will in fact suck!

That wasn't my point DD. I'm not in the Sky is Falling Club. I don't think JC being replaced is gonna make that big of a difference in the team's W-L record.
I'm just saying that much of this off season has been a joke. This has gone from a team that is the class of the NFL to a team that looks like it's being run by a bunch of 3rd graders.
Dude...I grew up in Miami. I've been a fan since I was 7 years old and Danny took the Fins to the SB. I have been a fan through thick and thin. I don't like Wanny and I don't think Fiedler will ever lead this team late into the post season, but I stick with my team and I've never booed Jay or Wanny. When I go to games...I don't leave until the final whistle blows (that includes the Lucas debalce against Buffalo a few years ago).
But I'm sick of this crap man! This team will win 10 games every year regardless of coaching because of the talent. But I'm sick of 9 or 10 wins a year. This team has said time and time again it has a commitment to winning yet they seem to be happy keeping things status quo. And today was just another example of how clueless they are....
Call me a hypocrite but I'm not gonna sugarcoat everything and say this team is great because I'm a fan.

This board really makes me laugh sometimes!!! I can not believe the craziness that is this board!! Our season is over and we need to look at next years draft because some guy NO ONE KNOWS HOW WELL OR BAD he will do just got hired so its over!! Come on people... the fact is, we DONT know anything about this guy. Yea he might end up being horrible, but he might just end up being alright to. Dave is not the only one that has say in who becomes the OC... that is a group decision. This guy must have some pretty good knowledge to be selected. The fact is we dont know what he does and doesnt know and for people to say he will be a failure is pretty wrong. Granted i am an "postive thinker" but im also being realistic here... the season hasnt started... let it begin before we doom it to the "failure" side.

inFINSible said:
For god sake....90% of this thread was tongue in cheek and a bunch of guys just taking advantage of some opportunistic humor...the only ones who are taking it too seriously are the ones whining about everybody else....

:clap:

Glad that some people know that this is all in fun!

There's a difference between great management decisions and DAMAGE control.

If our management decisions are NOT subjected to some degree of scrutiny.... then who is left accountable when failure looms?

I mean if the Phinz are being run by Jeanouses... why couldn't they foresee Danny's back peddle or Collier's situation?

As I said earlier, after working for enough idiots in life, you start to read between the lines. You learn when you are being told the truth and being fed a line. The most powerful men in the world all know how to spin the media wheel to keep the "locals" from discovering the truth.

Not to be negative here, but I think that by definition and logic this cannot be considered a good thing. This team had the opportunity to select a new OC just a few months ago, and Chris Foerster obviously wasn't viewed as the person to choose. Heck, his name wasn't even in the mix as a possibile OC for this or any other team, to my knowledge. Lord, -- it's not like Joel Collier was God's gift to the OC position, and we just found ourselves replacing that unproven commodity with someone we've already indicated would be a lesser choice.

He's inexperienced in the title, inexperienced with our personnel and inexperienced with our offense. He had to wear a name tag until last week just so our players and coaches knew who he was.

So... what happens from here? Anyone coming into a new spot can potentially bring some new thinking and vigor. But that's not what I see here. I believe his presence in this spot represents undesirable upheaval, and will bring the uncertainty and error that typically comes with inexperience.

The chance that this is anything other than a net negative is about one in five, and I'd only give it that much confidence because I never thought Joel Collier was going to be any great shakes as OC. I guess what remains to be seen is just how consequential this net negative is likely to be. It could be negligible, or it could be the critical margin that costs us the season when the chips are on the line.

Back
Top Bottom