Merged:Collier is RBs Coach Again, Foerster new Offensive Coordinator | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Collier is RBs Coach Again, Foerster new Offensive Coordinator

This aint good.

We've got a no-name OC, whilst the Pats OC and DC are HC calibre.

Any chance that Trestman as AHC calls plays?

Thanks for posting that...

xiidaen said:
Bio, and quotes from other league personnel about the hiring. Might not be the end of the world after all? I mean, I know this is positive spin stuff, but still, it's heartening to hear positive things from people who have worked with him in the past.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3263

CHRIS FOERSTER’S COACHING HISTORY

1983 - Colorado State – Graduate Assistant
1984-87 - Colorado State – Offensive Line Coach
1988-91 - Stanford University – Assistant Offensive Line/Special Teams
1992 - University of Minnesota - Offensive Line Coach
1993-95 - Minnesota Vikings – Asst. Offensive Line Coach (1993-94); Tight Ends/Asst. Offensive Line Coach (1995)
1996-2001 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Offensive Line Coach
2002-03 - Indianapolis Colts – Tight Ends Coach
2004 - Miami Dolphins – Offensive Coordinator

WHAT THEY’RE SAYING ABOUT CHRIS FOERSTER

Baltimore Ravens Head Coach Brian Billick
“Chris is one of the finest coaches I’ve ever worked with. I’m not surprised he’s getting this opportunity, because he has prepared successfully for this. He’s been involved with some of the most prolific offenses in NFL history, both at Indianapolis and Minnesota. He’s had success running the ball, and he’s been involved in offenses that were spectacular passing the ball. He brings a good balance to the Dolphins offense. I think he’ll do an outstanding job.â€Â

Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy
“First of all, I think it’s a great opportunity for Chris. I think he’s well prepared for it. He spent time here with a top notch offense in Indianapolis, where he was coaching the tight ends and was involved with the passing game. He did the same thing in Minnesota when they were the No. 1 offense in the league. He also spent a lot of time as a line coach in Tampa when we were one of the top rushing offenses. I think he has a great background and I’m excited for him.â€Â

Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Dennis Green
“Chris and I worked together for six years - three at Stanford and three with the Minnesota Vikings - and during that time I came to recognize him as an outstanding teacher and football coach. While at Stanford, his coaching abilities proved to me he would soon be ready for the NFL. I believe he will be a fine offensive coordinator in the NFL because of his coaching background and knowledge to incorporate the offensive line and tight ends in the passing game.â€Â

University of Alabama Head Coach Mike Shula
“When Chris worked for me in Tampa, I saw immediately how knowledgeable he was working both with our running game and our offensive line. He also possesses great organizational and communication skills. He was a guy I leaned on as coordinator on game day in both play calling and in making game-day adjustments.

“In fact, I think what he does on game day is his best quality and separates him from other coaches that I have worked with. In the last few years, the experience that he gained working with the Colts passing game has given him a well-rounded view of all aspects of an NFL offense, and I know he will do a great job in his new role.â€Â

Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning
“Chris is going to do a great job for the Dolphins. When he was here in Indianapolis, I appreciated his input in our offense, and I know our tight ends Marcus Pollard and Dallas Clark did as well. He brings knowledge and passion to the game and will be a true asset in Mimi.â€Â

and maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I am a little disappointed that Collier is ill and needs to throttle it back. I really had high hopes for him. Maybe Forrester will turn out to be a big surprise.

Steve

P4E said:
Mod Note: Agreeing with yourself will NOT be tolerated here. Consider yourself warned.
Wharf....P4E drank the juice before we could pass it all out..... :fire:

This has really gotten WAY OUT OF CONTROL!

We entered FA with an unproven OC. Due to illness, the OC (JC) has stepped down. We have now promoted our TEC to OC - a position that he has never held before.

What is the difference?!?

I do not think that any of us are calling for any resignations or terminations. What has went on in this thread (by me at least) is all of us Dolfans just goofing on what has happened today.

In light of the FO decisions, let's all hope that Joel Collier will be fine and that the health issues are not life threatening. I am sure that his family is very concerned and we should all wish them well.

The Miami Dolphins will be fine - I Hope that JC will be too!

inFINSible said:
I can hear people talking in the back ground....I just heard that collier will go back to RB coach and TE coach Forrester is the new OC....
Do I get credit for BREAKING NEWS!!!! :cooldude:

The difference I see, is one has been in the system for a while and was promoted from with in and the other has about the same experience however only been with the system for a couple of months.

finsnchips said:
This aint good.

We've got a no-name OC, whilst the Pats OC and DC are HC calibre.

Any chance that Trestman as AHC calls plays?

Just because Foerster is a no-name doesn't mean he won't be good. We really don't know what to expect. He could be good, or he could be awful. Every OC is relatively unknown when they first become a coordinator, so I don't think it is the end of the world that Foerster is the OC. We just have to wait and see.

iceblizzard69 said:
Just because Foerster is a no-name doesn't mean he won't be good. We really don't know what to expect. He could be good, or he could be awful. Every OC is relatively unknown when they first become a coordinator, so I don't think it is the end of the world that Foerster is the OC. We just have to wait and see.

At least the Titans won't know what to expect in the first game!

Back
Top Bottom