Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Daunte Culpepper is a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Brees and Culpepper are different QBs. Culpepper has all the natural ability in the world, but makes a lot of bad decisions. Brees is talented as well, but not on the level as Culpepper.

Culpepper struggled last season because he tried to do too much. He was forcing the ball into places that shouldn't be placed into. His WRs sucked last season, lets face it. His RBs were mediocre at best. Brad Johnson succeeded because he didn't try too hard. He did what they asked him to and that is it. He played it smart. They still didn't make the playoffs, and if they did they would have gotten blown out. Why? Because Brad Johnson isn't close to being as great as Culpepper is.

Culpepper will take the Dolphins to an elite level in the NFL. He would have the talent that the Vikings lacked last season on offense. Ronnie Brown is better than any RB the Vikings had. Chambers/McMichael and even Booker are better than any WR/TE that the Vikings had.

Stop talking crap. Culpepper is a much better quaterback than Drew Brees is. It's not even close IMO.

I think some people seem to forget how great of a season Culpepper had two years ago. He put up unreal numbers. He threw for more yards than Manning did.

foozool13 said:
i would much rather have Culpepper. He will be much cheaper than Brees and i would rather have a QB with a knee injury than a throwing shoulder injury. We've seen how shoulder injury can be devastating to a creer i.e. Chad Pennington, not to say a knee injury cant be. im just saying id rather gamble on the knee than shoulder
Cheaper? Culpepper will not only cost us picks and/or players, but his contract is absolutely ENORMOUS (not to mention he's unhappy with it as it is).

HysterikiLL said:
1. Nick Saban is not an idiot. This trade hasn't even happened yet officially, so why are you getting your panties twisted?
2. You will 'WALK' is Saban "is stupid enough to do this"? Dude, cry me a river....how about WALKing your way into Hollywood and picking up a daytime Emmy. Bravo.

:sidelol:

PLEASE let him go to the Rams. PLEASE.

ANYWHERE but Miami.

We need Brees.

TarHeelFinFan said:
A lot of people have questioned why San Diego would allow Brees to become a free agent even though they have a significant backup plan in place named Phillip Rivers and signing Brees would likely cost San Diego the franchise tag. Well I have this question, if Culpepper is so great then why is Minnesota actively trying to get rid of him? Not to mention their highly rumored replacement for him is friggin' Aaron Brooks?!?!?!?!

IMO, Childress will be running the WCO in Minnesota and Culpepper has no experience with it. On the other hand, Brad Johnson has been in it for years. Might as well get something while his value is up especially if you already have a cheaper replacement that could run the offense you want as opposed to having someone start from scratch.

Those who mention the boat, and wouldn't contemplate doing the same thing if they were a single (assuming DC is single) pro QB, concern me.

Nublar7 said:
Isn't it nice that we can spend an offseason debating which Pro Bowl QB we are going to get? :lol: No more Fiedler, Feeley, or Frerotte arguments, but actual PRO BOWL Quarterbacks. :)

We finally get what we haven't had since Danny left :dolphins:

dolphingator said:
I agree with Hostile17.

35 years worth of being a Dolphin fan hangs in the balance for me right now.

I cannot believe Saban would do something so stupid as trade for a damaged palyer with personal issues and an attitude problem when he has a potential Super Bowl multiple winner waiting in the wings in San Diego ready to get here Saturday morning.

I want no part of any slash-style vick wannabe QB in any way, shape or form and I will WALK if Saban is stupid enough to do this. I have held with the Dolphins through all the outrages of jj and wannabe but nothing they ever did would equate with this.

From the highest of heights to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours. I dreamed of Super Bowls again. I hope with all I have this is not true.

Might be the most ignorant comment I've read all day. Slashtyle vick wanna be? Are you kidding me?

LOL

Why? Cuz he's black? Please. Stop being racist, and grow up. Maybe you should watch some football games.

I think that some people would just never be happy, no matter who we were rumored to get.

Peyton Manning?? too slow, can't throw 80 yards, looks goofy, can't win in the playoffs.

Tom Brady?? doesn't have Culpepper or Mannning numbers, too pretty, didn't win 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls

Jesus Christ?? head case, parties too much, doesn't get along with others, too old, not a leader.

doesn't matter who we could get, it would be the same story.......

dolphingator said:
PLEASE let him go to the Rams. PLEASE.

ANYWHERE but Miami.

We need Brees.

yea and when brees arm is a Chaddy then waht? honeslty im scared with btoh qb's. i just want neone im bored already but ill be happy wiht iether one of the 2 only

:cp: :cp:
Scrap said:
Those who mention the boat, and wouldn't contemplate doing the same thing if they were a single (assuming DC is single) pro QB, concern me.

In fact if he organized that whole sexboat extravaganza, doesn't that make him a take charge guy? I'd want a guy like that on my team. Especially on the bye week.

TuTTs243 said:
Daunte Culpepper is Overrated Fan Club
Career Fumbles 81 Career Interceptions 86 in 80 games
Career winning percentage .500
the best WR in football and Chris Carter
with a great Oline
Culpeppers backup stats
Todd Bouman 98.3 QB Rtg. 8 TD 4 INT
Gus Frerotte 118.1 QB Rtg. 7 TD 2 INT
Brad Johnson 88.9 QB Rtg. 12 TD 4 INT

that's how
Fair enough. At least you back up your opinion with facts and dont just say "he sucks!" I disagree with you, but I respect what you said because you backed it up.

Back
Top Bottom