Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

uga3406 said:
im not stressing giving up a 7th rd pick tog et him ,im just stressing that were intersted in him. He is a total bum. What happen to getting Maddox. Sure he isn't any better then Harrington, but Mularkey knows him and im sure that would be a great advantage. Also if this guy starts week one for the phins vs the steelers, were gonna get embarassed on national tv.

Yeah, I read somewhere that Maddox wasn't playing that bad with Mularkey as a OC, actually he did it pretty well.

maddox was average under mularkey, and is way past his prime. harrington is still young and will have a much better team and coaching staff around him in miami.

I think Harrington is a backup QB in NFL and thats just what Saban is bringing him in for, also he is young and would be great insurance in case Culpepper does have to sit out 3 or 4 games. I wouldn't want Harrington as a full season starter, that would be a bonehead move for any team, but as a backup who can play 3 or 4 games its a brilliant move. Good job Fins!

IronChef said:
The only suspect thing about that article is when it said that daunte's injury is believed to be more serious than carson's... That's just simply not the case...

I hope your right but nobody really knows but the training/medical staff and PEP... If he doesn't practice/play before opening day he won't be the opening day starter. Which means if the trade goes through its JOEY and the PHIns at PITTSBURGH....:dolphins:

Harrington- decent with potential
Maddox-decent but declining fast.

Harrington any day.

Jimi said:
Harrington- decent with potential
Maddox-decent but declining fast.

Harrington any day.

maddox is not decent... Id take jay fiedler with no arms, and only his ears to throw then tommy "half season" wonder maddox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope he can develop some. Granted he is better than anything else we have, yet watching him play for Lions doesn't exactly get me all excited. Three first round WR's and he still didn't seem to do all that well. Oh well, hopefully Nick can work his magic with him too.
Luke:dolphins:

it's all about value for saban

dolfn66 said:
Ok, someone help me understand this. Saban comes in a year ago with alot of talk about building through the draft and the very next year gives up practically all Miami's picks? I'm not slamming him, just trying to understand his thinking process. I'm a bit confused at this point with all the picks the team has given up so far. Besides the first round what other picks does Miami have?

You are right, Saban has said that he likes to build through the draft, but what he has done this year is take opportunities that you very rarely ever see in the NFL and exploit them. How often can a team get a proven pro bowl quarterback in his prime for a second round pick....almost never. We also now have a chance to get a 1st round talent, who has struggled in DETROIT remember, for either 2 7th round picks or a 6th round pick. I would take the upside of a 3rd pick overall with starting experience over drafting a 6th round player any day. The Lemon thing was that we wanted to dump Feeley to keep the locker room in tact. They must have saw upside in Lemon and at that point, upside was the best thing we had. Although using 3 picks on qb's is unusual if you look at the deals we got for those picks we have won out so far. We still have our 1st round pick and our 3rd round pick to make other moves. GREAT JOB SO FAR SABAN

FinsFanLuke said:
I just hope he can develop some. Granted he is better than anything else we have, yet watching him play for Lions doesn't exactly get me all excited. Three first round WR's and he still didn't seem to do all that well. Oh well, hopefully Nick can work his magic with him too.
Luke:dolphins:

It could also be that he was in an offensive system that didn't suit him very well.

If he comes into Miami and performs very well in pre-season and possibly the regular season then that late draft pick could very well turn into an appreciably higher pick for some team that may be looking for a QB next year.

Worst move we have made since Saban took over. Harrington is not **** but a ***** *** version of Fiedler. He is Jay without the heart and drive. He is a QB who makes stupid decisions and loses you games with his picks and his stupidity. He cant take a hit worth a **** plus he doesnt have very much mobility. I have watched him live in Detroit plenty of times to know that this kid just doesnt have it. Lets all pray for Daunte's recovery or we can look forward to another non playoff year after starting the season with a couple loses. You can bet the house that if Joey is starting against the Steelers on opening night we will not stand a chance.

ChambersWI said:
For those who are complaining about losing draft picks, you do realize we're in a good position to trade down right?

Bull****

Why on Earth would you suggest Miami is in a good position to trade down? It's a damned hard thing to accomplish in this day and age. Explain yourself.

Brad528 said:
Worst move we have made since Saban took over. Harrington is not **** but a ***** *** version of Fiedler. He is Jay without the heart and drive. He is a QB who makes stupid decisions and loses you games with his picks and his stupidity. He cant take a hit worth a **** plus he doesnt have very much mobility. I have watched him live in Detroit plenty of times to know that this kid just doesnt have it. Lets all pray for Daunte's recovery or we can look forward to another non playoff year after starting the season with a couple loses. You can bet the house that if Joey is starting against the Steelers on opening night we will not stand a chance.
But with Maddox we will??????:shakeno: :shakeno:

We're also forgetting that Harrington will not have to do it all on his own. He'll have game breakers in Ronnie Brown, maybe Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, Booker, an improved O-Line, let's say he has to start 3-4 games and goes 2-1, 2-2, even 1-2.. then He goes to the Bench when Daunte comes back, he shakes off the rust for a couple of games.. maybe then we're 2-3 or 3-2.. point is, when this offense is ready to get rolling, should it play out that way, we are still very much in the race and ready to make a run.

cnc66 said:
not me, I don't think any philosophy has changed. The needs and market were such that he had no choice.

I agree that no philosophy has changed. I just think that the talk last year was a load of crap. Nick is going to make the moves he thinks will make the team better. If that's being active in free agency, that's what he'll do. If it's amassing draft picks, that's what he'll do. If it's trading away every damned draft pick, that's what he'll do.

Ol' Saint Nick said:
Riddle me this.

Isn't this guy only a project at this point? If we only sign him for 2 years and develop him into a decent player behind Culpepper, isn't he only going to then be let go after those 2 years? I don't see the point in having him as a backup if he isn't proven. He is not going to play and if he does end up playing and doing well we are gonna get nothing for him. Makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm not seeing something Saban is seeing.

I don't know if 'project' fits the bill. He is a player in need of a change of scenery and a fresh start. The ideal thing would be for him to come in here, back up DC, perhaps even play the first few games of the season for us, and then possibly move on after his contract expires. Besides, we don't know what 2 years from now will bring ?? DC could be the one on the trading block and Harrington assuming the QB role here ?? I'm just throwing this out there, not saying that it is going to happen, just a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom