Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

I am not a big Joey fan, but if it only costs us a couple 7th round picks for a guy who was a starter with Detroit than I can live with up....just hope DC is ready for the season opener and never gets hurt. :wink:

I wouldn't give the Lions anything more than a 7th rounder for Harrington. There's no way he's worth anything higher. Plus, we only need a few weeks stopgap for a backup and I don't think giving up draft picks is worth it. Nobody wins from this trade. Dolphins burn a draft pick that could've been the next Rex Hadnot for a guy who won't be their starter, Lions get inferior value, and Harrington loses years where he could be starting or having a shot to start.

I'm just waiting for the Harrington Manifesto to show itself so we can call accept and applaud this "possible/probably" QB move.:tongue: :wink:

IronChef said:
The only suspect thing about that article is when it said that daunte's injury is believed to be more serious than carson's... That's just simply not the case...

Actually, it is the case. Daunte's injury was not only the ligaments, but the entire structure of the knee.

unifiedtheory said:
Daunte's injury was much worse...

The Palmer injury was overblown by a doctor who wanted his name in the paper.

The biggest thing is Daunte did his in October and Palmer did his in January. Palmer will be lucky to start a game by October while Daunte will be starting by mid-September without setbacks.

Exactly. Right on all counts.

We have to have someone other than Lemon healthy for mini-camp. To get a young talent (all be it unproven talent) for a 6 next year or 7th this year is a steal for the development of the rest of our offense, and defense. Would you want our D getting comfortable with chasing only Lemon? Now we can have a healthy Pre-Season. And who knows Joey may step up and fit right in, and play well.

I remember how bad Steve Young was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, when they still had tangerine uniforms...then he ended up with the 49ers and became a Hall of Famer....maybe Joey will turn it around.

I don't mind using a 7th rounder on him....he'll be a back up with starting experience in the NFL....I know he hasn't put up great numbers but he was pretty good coming out of college and sometimes it just takes a change for a player to start playing good.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom