MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

They knew the deal on his mom. It wasnt a background check. If you want to see how he reacts to adversity I'm positive there is a more appropriate question that can be asked. Dez has no legal issues so Im sure he isnt a violent person. They had no reason to ask that particular question...you dont insult someones mother, especially someone from a rough upbringing.

well, maybe he was seeing if he would lie about it. He lied to the NCAA.

I wont make a total judgement on Ireland based on this. it was a classless and inappropriate question that had nothing to do with drafting Dez Bryant the football player. he apologized and hopefully the commish will set some guidelines on what is an appropriate question to ask in draft interviews.

No, not needed. The man will just not interview guys with pasts anymore since we are not allowed to ask.

We wont draft you cus you lied to the NCAA and we are not allowed to inquire about this or that so.....good luck son.

Ireland is most guilty of being an idiot. I'm glad he apologized, the question simply wasn't needed.

--I hope Mr. Ireland is more careful with public relations in the future.

He never would have apologized if he wasn't called out. He is nothing but a pile of human feces wearing glasses and dressed in a suit.

No, not needed. The man will just not interview guys with pasts anymore since we are not allowed to ask.

We wont draft you cus you lied to the NCAA and we are not allowed to inquire about this or that so.....good luck son.

i have done job interviews for companies before and this kind of question would not be tolerated. Obviously he needs a guideline because he asked the damn question and did not have a problem with it until it became public.

here is a pretty good guideline

Some questions are inappropriate even if they don't immediately set alarm bells ringing in your head.
The person interviewing you shouldn't ask you about anything that isn't specifically related to the job you're applying for, or your ability to do that job.

his legal troubles are fair game but his mom's are not. There is a clear difference. The question bears no relation on whether they should. So if his mom was a prostitute they could discriminate and not hire him. See what I mean this has no bearing on whether they should hire or draft him.

when you pay someone millions of dollars you can ask them anything in the real world grow up

when you pay someone millions of dollars you can ask them anything in the real world grow up

the money being paid is irrelevant, its about what is appropriate to ask.
His mom being a prostitute has not one thing to do with the matter at hand of do we draft Dez Bryant. What Dez bryant has done is fair game, what his family has done is out of bounds that pretty open and closed.

I mean seriously if u were interviewing people for a job. You have a person interviewing for the job and u know his dad was a convicted felon. How is asking about his father relevant to hiring him. In fact its pretty discriminatory to ask him that question. Not racist but discrimination. In real life u could open to a lawsuit for a question like this.

the money being paid is irrelevant, its about what is appropriate to ask. His mom being a prostitute has not one thing to do with the matter at hand of do we draft Dez Bryant. What Dez bryant has done is fair game, what his family has done is out of bounds that pretty open and closed.

I mean seriously if u were interviewing people for a job. You have a person interviewing for the job and u know his dad was a convicted felon. How is asking about his father relevant to hiring him. In fact its pretty discriminatory to ask him that question. Not racist but discrimination. In real life u could open to a lawsuit for a question like this.

I see so its ok to pay a possible ticking time bomb millions of dollars without throughly vetting him? You as an owner would be ok with paying a guy that may have issues that much money without knowing fully what you are getting into? Wow, the money is very relevant.

The question was NOT the point of emphasis for these people, it was the way he REACTED that they were interested in. They knew it was an inappropriate question. They KNEW it would be a question that a mentally weak person, who blow up over. Football has alot of pressure associated with it. Games are won and lost based on a few plays at critical junctures. So let me give you a scenario:

Fins are at the 10 yard line. They are down by 5 and this is the last play of the game. Henne goes back... he looks ..... he looks ..... he find Marshall in the back of the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN. Flag on the play. Unnecessary roughness. Dez Bryant has smacked Revis for insulting is beloved mother..

He never would have apologized if he wasn't called out. He is nothing but a pile of human feces wearing glasses and dressed in a suit.

Yeah, because someone is not blowing this completely out of proportion.

What's the likelihood that some of these unctuous, self-righteous defenders of the honor and sanctity of Dez's mom,would be screaming holy hell should a crack dealing user and convicted felon actually move their families next door to them?

If you're campaigning for juvenile mayor of Sillytown, you're running an effective campaign!

I see so its ok to pay a possible ticking time bomb millions of dollars without throughly vetting him? You as an owner would be ok with paying a guy that may have issues that much money without knowing fully what you are getting into? Wow, the money is very relevant.

The question was NOT the point of emphasis for these people, it was the way he REACTED that they were interested in. They knew it was an inappropriate question. They KNEW it would be a question that a mentally weak person, who blow up over. Football has alot of pressure associated with it. Games are won and lost based on a few plays at critical junctures. So let me give you a scenario:

Fins are at the 10 yard line. They are down by 5 and this is the last play of the game. Henne goes back... he looks ..... he looks ..... he find Marshall in the back of the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN. Flag on the play. Unnecessary roughness. Dez Bryant has smacked Revis for insulting is beloved mother..

So by your logic, Ireland should have called him a stupid nword to gauge how he would react. This makes no sense and it is not his job to do that.
So if u suspect a person is menatally weak any question is fair game so u can test him, thats downright silly

Back
Top Bottom