Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

The season ISN'T over! We do have way too many injuries, but how many of the guys out for the season are starters? None. I think losing Ed Perry could be a problem, but if the new guy comes in and isn't Trey Junkin we will be ok.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The season ISN'T over! We do have way too many injuries, but how many of the guys out for the season are starters? None. I think losing Ed Perry could be a problem, but if the new guy comes in and isn't Trey Junkin we will be ok.

MY point exactly...

Being positive is nice...

but sugarcoating something isn't.

I started this thread to get an idea as to where Dolphin fans are at. Heck, I am not ready to pack it in...heck I never will be...but if you are not discouraged by what has happened so far...then you really aren't paying attention.

Astro-Zoom...believe me I am not saying that the injuries are Wannestedt's fault...but let's face it...its AFC Championship at the least or bust...and right now that isn't looking good. Could things change...God, I certainly hope so...but right now the best news has come from our back up punter.

As for thinking that losing Eddie Moore and Eddie Perry won't have a significant impact...puhlease...Moore needed to beat out Morlon Greenwood and Perry, as much as it bothered me, was integral as a long snapper. I too have heard that Dixon's injury will not enable him to be back for the opener.

Surtain said he'll likely return for the first game...

Cornerback Patrick Surtain said he is ''likely'' to return for the beginning of the regular season and dismissed a report by agent Drew Rosenhaus that his knee problem is a major concern.

''I feel real good,'' said Surtain, who said the ''clicking'' and swelling he was suffering from have subsided. He expects to begin running next week.

As for what Rosenhaus said on his weekly television spot, Surtain was dismissive.

''I don't think it will affect my career. It's football. Guys get hurt. It happens. Guys have three, four, five surgeries and play 12 or 13 years,'' Surtain said.
here's the link

Not only this board, but even ESPN is depressing watching coverage on the dolphins with the injuries.

We lost 2 players for the season, one until november. I know we only played one pre season game, which is scary, but we played against a very aggressive Bucs team.

Before Eddie Moore went down, we had no solid veteran depth at LB.. so we're pretty much in the same boat.

Ed Perry is a tough loss, but it happened when we still have 3 weeks to get The new guy up to speed. (sorry I forgot his name)

Bowens, we knew about, but we still have Jay Williams, who looked good last week against the Bucs. I think he had a sack.

Mark Dixon, we all know is an injury waiting to happen. So it should be no suprise, that he's injured. Let's just hope Wade becomes the steal of the draft.

And don't listen to Rosehaus, casue he loves to talk out of his a$$
All the rest of the injuries, will be clear for the season opener.

Hoff, I know you weren't blaming Wanny, and I understand your reasoning. It would just be a shame if the one thing totally out of his control was his undoing.

True...very true Zoom...

although he kind of had his shot last year...
most coaches get a small window of opportunity...
its a real tough profession at this level...

I get the feeling that Wannestedt is a heck of a nice guy...
but unfortunately that doesn't win Superbowls...

I have several thoughts on this week of woe ... I'm going to try and put together a column in the next day or two. Watch for it.

Re: Is this season close to being over?

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but how many more injuries can we sustain before we just can't recover. Remember, we are only through one preseason game.

The fact that Eddie Moore's career might be over before it has begun just makes me sick to my stomach. Why doesn't this happen to other teams?

Unless things change drastically...137 days left in the Wannestedt regime.:(

Cheer up, the sky is still up there. :D

Oliver...

I posted this on a other thread. It applies here to...

The Sky is falling! The Sky is falling! Get a grip People.

We are in week 1 of the preseason. The only loss we have had is losing Moore for the year. All other injuries are 2-4 weeks max.

I say let W. Smith have his run in the PRESEASON. This will give him playing time against Quality DE. Hopefully He'll do a good job and if not bring in a Vet at LT. I think its a good move not to bring in a Vet right away. Hold Wades feet to the fire and see what happens. Building this kids confidence will pay more divideds in the end.

We are still the team to beat in the AFC. Stop with the Doom and Gloom!

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I have several thoughts on this week of woe ... I'm going to try and put together a column in the next day or two. Watch for it.

Looking forward to it! Someone needs to keep things in perspective around here, and you've shown yourself to be a remarkably intelligent and insightful person (read: someone I agree with a lot).

Hoff.. i am more than paying attention. I just dont get overexcited about preason injuries when MOST of them will be back for the season opener. Yes i agree Perry and Moore are a significant loss.. but Greenwood was not BAD last year and has picked up the speed. Oh and lets not forget Corey Jenkins who has busting his butt and could pick up the slack for Moore. Perry on the other hand is a huge problem and hopefully this guy we signed will be ok. I just really dont think the rest of the injuries other than Dixon are a huge problem. LT is the only SEVERE problem because we dont have a proven back up. But i really dont see any of these injures haunting us in the regular season.. and lets face it, its regular season that matters.

Wow, this is getting over dramatized here..

I would imagine thinking the season was over if RW or someone went down (GOD FORBID), but our 2nd round pick (who probably wasn't going to beat out Greenwood anyway) is out for the year. Hurts? Yeah. Drastic? No.

Like zonk said..the rest of the injuries are only a few weeks (and we're still in preseason fellas). If Surtain and (Dixon?) aren't feeling 100% when Houston rolls around..I say let em sit. Madison can handle Andre Johnson..and how Fletcher is looking I'm confident he'll do well if they need him to. Anyway, all in all..it still sucks either way.

The Dixon injury needs to be addressed with a proven vet. Dixon WILL get hurt again sometime in the regular season and Wade has yet to prove that he has the strength to handle the position.

Zoom look forward to your column...

as for testing Wade Smith in the preseason...hmm...ok...
but I'd feel a little more comfortable about Fielder's health if Dixon was going against Hugh Douglas, instead of light rookie.

Back
Top Bottom