Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

Re: No one is giving up...

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
its just that some of us see things different than others...

As was said earlier, this has happened the last few years...
In one corner you have the optimists
who figure everything is going to be okay
and let nothing get them down
and every year they come back for more

In the other corner you have the pessimists
who feel the need for vengeance in the wake of 62-7, 27-0 and the New England Debacle
who have seen players go down on the very first day of training camp (Yatil Green and Brent Smith)
and every year they come back for more

Well you must be confused.. because i feel both of those sides but i am POSITIVE!!!!!!!!! I just dont DWELL on the negative and look for the upside of situations.

Oh dear God, I hope the mods post my column soon. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to steal my own thunder. :wink:

I dont see it as people whining and being chicken little's or anything like that. Peoples opinions are that we've had alot of injuries already, and one happens to be at a key position on our OL. Anyone who isnt concerned should take off the orange and teal glasses. I dont think belittleing anyone for their concern about our football team is very classy at all. This is a message board and we all arent goin to agree, about everything, its all our own opinions. When Jay went down last year some people(me myself included) thought that Lucas would do a fine job as a starter for a limited time. The reasons were he had shown he had a good preseason, including being there for the camps to get into the new playbook. Norv Turner is an offensive guru and will be able to utilize Lucas' strength's and minimize his weaknesses. He also knew all the players and how they do things. Well this obviously isnt a great example a QB compared to a LT, its more a comparison of different peoples opinions clashing on this board. Of course the sky isnt falling and the season isnt over, but LT has to be a huge concern for our team. I'm optimistic it will work out, but definately worried about that position.

The title to this thread alone make me puke at how soft some of you are.. Every team gets injuries.. We're lucky enough to not have a key player out..

Eddie Moore and Ed Perry are out for the year.. CRY ME A RIVER..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

Ok, can we stop piling on Hoff for a little bit?

Every injury degrades team strength. While I personally would say that calling the season "close to over" is a little extreme, I'm not going to say Hoff's a whiner, soft, a crybaby or whatever.

For crying out loud, people, this is a messgae board, and if you're concerned at the impact injuries could have on our season, you should be able to say so.

And if you want one more piece of personal opinion, give me FIVE of these threads for every "Start Griese" or "Fire Wanny" thread.

Whew. That feels better.

If all the Miami players have the mentality of ROBHOFFMAN..
Pack it in..:lol: My God shall there be no adversity on this team cause some cats in here cant handle it..

:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I appreciate that...I haven't lost faith

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
and I will always support my Dolphins proudly, but I am getting discouraged...this freaking happens every year...

and there is never a suitable explanation why.

Hey numbnuts it's a freakin preseason game. We lost a guy we didn't even have last year and a snapper. The league has some other possibilites for a snapper. Short of the Giants game last year I haven't seen that many bad snappers in the league. Maybe you want to just go and be a d@mn jets fan and get it over with. You are the kind of Dolphins fan that makes me insanely angry. You call yourself a fan but sit there waiting for any reason possible to say here we go again.

Stan...

I think what it comes down to is that people are a little bit more upset then they are ever willing to admit...

otherwise there wouldn't be this backlash.

Maybe I went over the top with my question as CK stated, but it obviously touched a nerve. I guess you can't do that here and still get some respect.

infiltrateib, that was quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen here.

That post deserves nomination to Flippers Finest if you ask me! :lol:

Numbnuts...huh...

do you feel better now?

As for you Rude, I haven't quit my entire life...and don't you dare suggest otherwise...you don't know me.

Because I share a different viewpoint, you have to personally insult me like that?...screw you.

For good sakes.. This thread has CirclingWagons believeing the Billls have the diviison won..:lol:

:D
CW.. You were loving this thread too much, had to say something..

I think this tread is getting WAY out of hand!

I appreciate Rob's concern and understand it as well.. i personally am not panicing but everyone has their right to their opinion. The name calling is a little much.

Back
Top Bottom