Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

Re: I asked the question, based on

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
the threads that have come across this website in the last few days...that's it. Deal with it.

Obviously, it touched enough a nerve for you to be pretty sensitive about it. No one is whining.

If Surtain comes back and is healthy for the opener.
If Konrad is healthy and comes back for the opener.
If Dixon is healthy and comes back for the opener.
If Moore, the teams top pick, comes back from a very serious injury.
If are new long snapper works out...well then maybe people will be a little more upbeat for you.

:mad:

If you are banking a super bowl season on the health of the above players, we aren't superbowl caliber. I'm not saying their absense won't be felt, but we certainly should be able to overcome it.

Rob don't get touchy man, you're obviously right.

Whenever things get tough or adversity comes your way its always the best to QUIT...

Hey Infiltra,
You should post more often...You must be busy with Law School though ;) I enjoyed your posts on the Herald Forum (where i think i remember you)..Once again good post...
especially this part...:lol:

Perhaps we should call Tanya Harding and get her to just whack people's kneecaps and save us the trouble. But if we did call a mobster, I'm sure Dave couldn't motivate him, because Dave is a bad motivator, and he can't motivate, and he doesn't motivate, motivate motivate motivate

BTW my sources tell me Yatil Green has been banned from the locker room and training facilities...As you might know he's attempting another comeback (knowing our lack of depth at WR)
DW fearing the Yatil bug has spread took the precautionary measures today...banning him indefinately...

Hate to say it Hoffdude but I think ya kinda asked for this. That thread about asking if the season is over yet was a little over the top. Then on top of it everyone visiting the thread just stood around feelin all sorry for the phins and sayin this sucks and everything. Its not like we demand positivity 100% of the time but its one thing to say it sucks to lose a guy like Eddie Moore for the season, its another to be puttin all kinda of crying faces up on the screen and asking if the season is over yet. Also I think juniorseau55 put up some kind of thread about how this will be a disappointing season, I didn't even bother reading it, and Sherif along with some others come out of the woodwork all the sudden tossing out the accusations about how Wanny didn't address our needs during the offseason and we're paying for them now, etc.

Overall its been one pessimistic day and I've been purposely avoiding the board up til now because of it...but right now I'm killing some time waiting for my fantasy draft to start.

Re: I asked the question, based on

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
the threads that have come across this website in the last few days...that's it. Deal with it.

Obviously, it touched enough a nerve for you to be pretty sensitive about it. No one is whining.

If Surtain comes back and is healthy for the opener.
If Konrad is healthy and comes back for the opener.
If Dixon is healthy and comes back for the opener.
If Moore, the teams top pick, comes back from a very serious injury.
If are new long snapper works out...well then maybe people will be a little more upbeat for you.

:mad:

If this is the way you look at football, you're naive. You're not upbeat after only what has happened thus far? Are you serious This is why the game of football isn't about your intentional starting 22 players. This is why the Miami DL is so good and so fresh. Injuries happen, and you deal with them. It seems that the only candy to pacify this wailing baby is a 100% totally healthy team (an impossibility). Get over it. The season isn't done. You and Justin Timberlake can "cry me a river."

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Hey Infiltra,
You should post more often...You must be busy with Law School though ;) I enjoyed your posts on the Herald Forum (where i think i remember you)..Once again good post...

Whoa, I feel so exposed! :) Yes, I used to be on the Herald forum. I don't talk as much around these parts, because usually before I hit "post reply" I notice that either CK or Muck has said exactly what I was about to... thank you for the compliments, I'm glad I'm appreciated ;)

But you hit the nail right on the head... law school finals are in a week, and it's crunch time. The forum is a nice breather in between cram sessions ;] Out of curiosity, who were you on the Herald forum (i don't remember a pink_dove?)?

Ck good luck with your fantasy team...

infilt..nice personal attack just because you don't like what i have to say. Congrats!

For the last time and then I am so sick of this I am going to drop this...

I didn't say the season was over. I will be there listening to the in and out broadcast of WQAM just like anyone else on Friday night. I asked a question because there are serious injury concerns on this team and with the way the team started Friday Night and because I was far from the first one to question this team after that effort. Also the word "Close" refers to what might happen if the team suffers more injuries...

Ah just forget it........

This is an absolutely great thread. I tried to get this response from Rob's thread (is this season over?) but it didnt work. This one came out way better though. :lol:

From Dave Wannstedt to all of you:

NO WORRIES: The news has been mostly bad for the Dolphins on the injury front for all of training camp. After T Mark Dixon (ankle) underwent surgery on Monday, they now have seven starters or key backups out with serious injuries.

After the afternoon practice Monday, when every question from reporters was about injuries, coach Dave Wannstedt quipped: "You know, we did practice today."

Wannstedt said he's not worried about all the injuries because, except for LS Ed Perry (knee), none of the injuries in camp has been catastrophic.

"We have a few more [injuries] than last year, but nothing that is going to affect our play for the opener," Wannstedt

Maybe we should trade Ricky for Willis McGahee too.

I mean we are done for a few years anyway

LMAO!!!!

Rob.. You're sounding like a little girl!!..
Rob, it sounds like your ready to make excuses for this next season.. Thats all it is.. every team struggles through injuries.. The PACKERS have it worse than us, they lost their DT and safety.. We lose our backup LB and Holder.. WOW thats balanced!! :lol:..

why didn't Miami make the SB??
RobHoffman: Thats cause Miami lost Moore, and Ed Perry for the year..
:rolleyes:

Doesnt hold much water there..

Yeah...that's what I am saying...

Rude...do you even read the posts?

Back
Top Bottom