MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

Drew Bennett??? Can we really have 2 white WR's? Am I back in the 1960's?? LOL j/k

i say we hafta grab him, then maybe drew bennett and call it a day.... We have nice young WR's to develope already... Let's not spend a high pick or BIG $ on a WR just yet... We're not that far along in the building process folks !

Ummm, Coles isn't exactly gonna come cheap.

..........and you would be ..where ......without former dolphins and videotape????

Huh? Former dolphins and videotape?

Remember reading somewhere that Coles is the only WR that Parcells has voluntarily drafted in the first three rounds...he's drafted others at ownership's behest, but Coles is the only one he's picked himself...don't remember where I read it and don't know if its accurate...just thought I'd pass it along...

Al groh drafted Coles.

Coles should have been a dolphin in the first place i cant remember for sure who we drafted that year i wna say that it was jamar fletcher i remember he was high on our draft boards and then he had that situation where he and peter warrick got caught shoplifting in jcpenny and it hurt his draft stock i think that might of had something to do with why we didnt draft himin the first place Fletcher........Good god what a S*** pick he was

He couldn't have been too hogh on your draft board as we got him in the 3rd round. I think Fletcher was a few years later.

Ummm, Coles isn't exactly gonna come cheap.

That's why he's gone, he wants alot of money and alot of years.

..........and you would be ..where ......without former dolphins and videotape????

dude, nyjunc is a jets fan... they as far as we know *wink* haven't used video tape. and our former guys always go to the Pats

I can be cool with Coles or ocho cinco in a fin uniform or even both. I am curious as to which wr spot he would be at .

would it be like this.
#1 Coles
#2 Bess
#3 Ginn
#4 Camarillo

or would it be like this

#1 Camarillo
#2 Bess
#3 Ginn
#4 Coles

Here is what he said guys. Don't get me wrong I hope we get him. Just being cautiously optimistic...

“We didn’t leave on bad terms,” Coles said. “It’s not out of the question that I could come back. “I look at it as a long-term thing,” he said. “It’s something my agent (Roosevelt Barnes) and I (discussed) for a long time.

I trust my agent. He’s been in my corner for a long time. He gave me his opinion. He said he truly believed we could get a long-term deal on the open market and I took his word for it.
“I want to go somewhere where I can finish my career.

I don’t want to bounce from team to team. I hope to play another three or four years.”

Remember reading somewhere that Coles is the only WR that Parcells has voluntarily drafted in the first three rounds...he's drafted others at ownership's behest, but Coles is the only one he's picked himself...don't remember where I read it and don't know if its accurate...just thought I'd pass it along...
That is true, the only other WR drafted in the first 3 rounds was Terry Glenn and he had nothing to do with that pick. Coles was a problem according to scouts. He was kicked off the FSU team for something stupid, he was more of a scap goat than anything and he loved the fact that Parcells gave him a chance. Time to pay the Big Tuna back......

Huh? Former dolphins and videotape?

Al groh drafted Coles.

He couldn't have been too hogh on your draft board as we got him in the 3rd round. I think Fletcher was a few years later.

That's why he's gone, he wants alot of money and alot of years.
Parcells was GM at the time and he was running the draft. Coles was his pick.
Not to mention, I think Coles came out the yr before.

Sign him! He would be extrmely valuable to our team. He'd be a mentor for Ginn and someone who would take some pressure off of him. With another strong reciever I think Teddy will become a beast!!! Please pull the trigger...

That is true, the only other WR drafted in the first 3 rounds was Terry Glenn and he had nothing to do with that pick. Coles was a problem according to scouts. He was kicked off the FSU team for something stupid, he was more of a scap goat than anything and he loved the fact that Parcells gave him a chance. Time to pay the Big Tuna back......

Parcells did not draft him, Al groh was in charge of our 2000 draft.

No, he didn't.

Yes he did.

Parcells was GM at the time and he was running the draft. Coles was his pick.

Groh was in charge of our draft in 2000. Parcells only move was the "trade" for belichick. I'm sure he was involed but groh had final say.

The dirtier side to the coin on this is whether or not we do end up signing Coles, his deal with Tannenbaum was to forego the $6MM guarantee so that will come off the Jest books. Between ridding themselves of the Drama Queen and Coles opting out like this, New Jersey has gone from a capologist's worst nightmare to a real FA player if so they so desire to be.

clear.gif

But wasn't Parcells the GM?

He was "director of football ops" but he clearly gave Groh the power when he hired him to be the HC. I have plenty of links but I'm at work and they are on my home computer.

Back
Top Bottom