MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

clear.gif

I think he would be a great addition as well...

Seriously though, has there EVER been a more obvious marriage than Coles and the Dolphins?

-Parcells
-Chad
-Dolphins looking for a veteran WR

WOW. You may as well pencil him onto the roster immediately.

I am so happy to have a franchise like the Jets in our division. Their ineptness provides instant comic relief. :hump:

Don't be so quick to make fun of other teams. I know what you're saying, but don't forget that Miami was the butt of everyone's jokes not that long ago...it didn't feel too good

I'm sure our FO is working on getting Coles here now. I can't imagine that they aren't. Then we can work on Brown, and either Bartell or Leonhard.

his contract is terminated so midnight Friday has no bearing on him. That time is for players who's contracts are expiring. He can sign anywhere effective immediately.
I don't believe it matters or you'd be seeing signings already i.e. Bodden who's contract was terminated.

I cant figure out how jet fan think that his guaranteed 6 mill salary cap hit is coming off the books...are they really that dumb or am I missing something? Need a cap guru to break this down for me.

Don't be so quick to make fun of other teams. I know what you're saying, but don't forget that Miami was the butt of everyone's jokes not that long ago...it didn't feel too good
It's part of the game. Don't take it so seriously. :lol:

doesn't have to wait for the start of FA....he can sign anywhere effective immediately.

I'd take him at a bargain price, but I'm not overly psyched about this. I just have a hard time embracing former Jets.

You wouldn't have made the playoffs if not for former Jets(Parcells, Chad).

I don't get the move, I hope he comes back but I think he'll end up down there unfortunately so w/in a year we'll have given you our QB and one of our best WRs.

The only reason to take the high road where the Jests are concerned is so when you lean over the edge to relieve yourself you have something to aim at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he agreed to "waive" it... Thats probably not the correct legal term, but he pretty much agreed to make it disappear.

And yes, guys who are released before FA are free to sign with any team at any time, even before midnight tomorrow. Still, I would assume that they choose to wait so they can see the kind of market that emerges at their respective positions. Think about it, Leigh Bodden becomes far more valuable if Asomugha, McFadden and Bartell are all off the market.

You wouldn't have made the playoffs if not for former Jets(Parcells, Chad).

I don't get the move, I hope he comes back but I think he'll end up down there unfortunately so w/in a year we'll have given you our QB and one of our best WRs.

..........and you would be ..where ......without former dolphins and videotape????

Back
Top Bottom