MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

You wouldn't have made the playoffs if not for former Jets(Parcells, Chad).

I don't get the move, I hope he comes back but I think he'll end up down there unfortunately so w/in a year we'll have given you our QB and one of our best WRs.

Very true. Gracias. :up:

When Pennington was released and came to Miami, Coles was very vocal over how upset he was that the Jets gave him up. There was even some rumors at the time linking him in a trade to the Dolphins. Of course the Jets would never make a trade with the Dolphins, but there seemed to be some interest last summer.

Coles coming to the Dolphins makes a lot of sense and it is a move I would be pretty confident that Parcells and Ireland are working on as we speak. They don't have to wait until Friday to sign him, they can sign him ASAP.

I see a Pennington, Coles reunion in the near future.

I wonder what Penny would be happier about....resigning Carey to protect him or getting Coles? Wonder if Penny is calling ireland and telling him to get the deal done.

did Parcells draft him?

Remember reading somewhere that Coles is the only WR that Parcells has voluntarily drafted in the first three rounds...he's drafted others at ownership's behest, but Coles is the only one he's picked himself...don't remember where I read it and don't know if its accurate...just thought I'd pass it along...

See ya Wilford...there's going to be a new FA in town...

When Pennington was released and came to Miami, Coles was very vocal over how upset he was that the Jets gave him up. There was even some rumors at the time linking him in a trade to the Dolphins. Of course the Jets would never make a trade with the Dolphins, but there seemed to be some interest last summer.

Coles coming to the Dolphins makes a lot of sense and it is a move I would be pretty confident that Parcells and Ireland are working on as we speak. They don't have to wait until Friday to sign him, they can sign him ASAP.

I see a Pennington, Coles reunion in the near future.

Totally agree Nub. I had this same feeling when Chad was let go. Parcells seems to be loyal to "his guys", more than most front office people and coaches that I have seen. In the past, we would talk about potentially adding LSU guys that played under Saban, or former Chargers that thrived under Cam (Kris Dielman comes to mind), and in most cases, those players didnt end up in Miami. Parcells' history, however, shows that he goes and gets his guys. I expect it to happen once again, and I'm thrilled.

Coles should have been a dolphin in the first place i cant remember for sure who we drafted that year i wna say that it was jamar fletcher i remember he was high on our draft boards and then he had that situation where he and peter warrick got caught shoplifting in jcpenny and it hurt his draft stock i think that might of had something to do with why we didnt draft himin the first place Fletcher........Good god what a S*** pick he was

Thank you New York. Ive been waiting all week anticipating that they would do this, now that they actually have, its a dream come true. He will be a dolphin within the next two days and hes exactly what we need. Get this guy!

i say we hafta grab him, then maybe drew bennett and call it a day.... We have nice young WR's to develope already... Let's not spend a high pick or BIG $ on a WR just yet... We're not that far along in the building process folks !

Man, how awesome would it be to have a FA haul of Coles, Brown, and Bodden/Bartell? Then we could really concentrate on LB, S, and NT with our first four picks.

WoW!!! This is big, we can get the veteran WR for the right price, he's 31 and is guranteed 6 mil this yr. I say sign him to a 4 or 5 yr contract and give him his 6 mil this yr in a signing bonus and have the total contract worth about 12 mil for 4 yrs. That should get it done and it resonable on our part getting a quality WR with some good yrs left in him playing with his favorite QB.

Back
Top Bottom