Merged: Kobe blowing up again | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Kobe blowing up again

The whole argument about Kobe not giving the ball up to make his teammates better is false. Look at his scoring in tonight's game. He tried early to keep everyone involved, hardly anyone came with him. Mihm and Smush Parker are the only other ones to shoot even decently. KOBE SHOT OVER 60% FOR THE GAME! I don't care who you are, when you are as good as he is and as hot as he is, you ride that hand until it falters. Tonight, it didn't falter. Remember, the rest of the team shot around 30% tonight.

Do not, under any circumstance, criticize what Kobe did tonight. The guy put the entire team on his back and willed them to victory.

Boik14 said:
The difference is very clear: A 40/10 game means you got other people involved to the point where they couldnt double you without likely paying for it. A player who goes for 60/0ast is going to be double teamed all day til he passes the ball. The opposition is going to make someone else beat them and if the guy who scores 60 refuses to pass still his team will likely lose.

Mostly when you have a great game like Kobe did tonight its about efficiency. Tonight Kobe shot lights out (28/46...over 60%) but many times when he has these 40+ pt outbursts he shoot more like 40-42% with a ton of trips to the charity stripe.

I am too lazy to pull them, but I would love to see the amount of times, the player's team lost when player scores 60 or more points. I am guessing it is very slim. Your argument holds no water. If the guy is scoring 60, that means the defense can do NOTHING to stop him. No one else has to beat them, that player is doin just fine on his own.

Samphin said:
I am too lazy to pull them, but I would love to see the amount of times, the player's team lost when player scores 60 or more points. I am guessing it is very slim. Your argument holds no water. If the guy is scoring 60, that means the defense can do NOTHING to stop him. No one else has to beat them, that player is doin just fine on his own.

well if Kobe can average 60 a night the Lakers should get out of the first round of the playoffs.

And this is why despite the fact that I am a Sonics fan I consider this man the best player I have ever seen (oh yes, I do)

SMadison29 said:
Uh oh, I don't even remember what I said :confused:

What BS. I know.

Who's running this place the FCC??????? That one liner wasn't even bad!

Lighten up and have a sense of humor!

Boik14 said:
The whole point is shaq was never enough of a black hole to shoot enough to score 81.

Shaq is on a team with the opportunity to win 1 this year. Mainly cause Dwayne Wade understands how to share a ball with the big fella.
Kobe new how to feed Shaq the ball too. I mean come on they one 4 Titles together. Just because of there recent feud does not mean they didnt play well together. In fact I would bet all the money I have that D.Wade and Shaq dont get 4 Titles. I agree that Wade is one of the best players I have seen in years but Shaq is just not the same force he used to be.

HurriPhinFan said:
What is even crazier is that he made 28 of them. :rolleyes:

ballhog, ya he had 28 baskets, and only 2 assists, ya hes a real leader

Brad528 said:
Kobe new how to feed Shaq the ball too. I mean come on they one 4 Titles together. Just because of there recent feud does not mean they didnt play well together. In fact I would bet all the money I have that D.Wade and Shaq dont get 4 Titles. I agree that Wade is one of the best players I have seen in years but Shaq is just not the same force he used to be.

Also, take into consideration that Shaq is also older...

Finfan86 said:

Yea, he only had 2 assists because in the beginning of the game everyone he passed to wasnt making shots. Did you see Lamar Odom's stat line?

Like it was stated before, who cares if its 60 points and 0 assists or 40 points and 10 assists?

finfansince72 said:
well if Kobe can average 60 a night the Lakers should get out of the first round of the playoffs.

:lol: Yeah, right now he is at a putrid 34 ppg. He isn't pulling his weight.

Freaking beast I wake up today and he scores 81 points!!!!Jeez he is a beast.

Finfan86 said:

At least AI is in the top 10 in assists, along with his #2 spot in scoring...he is the real MVP, not Kobe.

Wow, that's f*cking unbelievable. You can easily make the arguement that what Kobe did last night... is even more impressive than when Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a single game. I mean think about it, Chamberlain was ahead of his time and the only 7 foot player in the NBA at time and nobody could defend him, it was a man among boys. For Kobe to do what he did, nowadays... is just unbelievable. I mean Shaq scored scored 62 a few years ago, David Robinson scored 71, both over 7 foot centers, Kobe is a guard for God's sake. He also had 62 points a few weeks ago, it's freaking insane. Jordan scored 69 in the playoffs and no doubt in my mind Jordan was twice the teamplayer Kobe was and I think he could've scored 100 points in a game if that was all he cared about, but regardless of what you think of Kobe... 81 points is one of the most impressive and spectacular features that I have ever witnessed.

Back
Top Bottom