Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

People don't understand Suck for Luck. Most of us don't want the Dolphins to be bad, they just are. It's trying to have some fun in a season that otherwise would have none. If you told me the Phins could go 10-6 and make the playoffs I would take that in a second, but that isn't going to happen. The teams that are talking about Suck for Luck are teams that don't have a shot at the playoffs or even a decent season. Nobody wants their team to be horrible, but fans don't get to choose. I am just looking for a silver lining in an otherwise pathetic season.

Why not just let being "terrible" happen . . . if they are, the silver lining will happen anyway. If they aren't then so be it. . . but do you really think campaigning accomplishes anything? It makes people that do it look kind of pathetic to be honest with you.

Agreed. Real fans root for the team to lose to get out of mediocrity while the fake ones applaud mediocre results and clueless coaches.

Nope! I'm all for cleaning house, and it will happen. You don't have to root against your team (which changes nothing) for things to get better. I'm going to root for my team, and what will happens, will happen. I'm just not a crappy fan in between.

My point is that most truly are rooting for their team. They just see the silver lining while watching the team be horrible. I doubt there is a huge percentage of fans actively rooting against their team during the games.

See first quote above. Some so called fans think rooting against the team is the right thing to do.

Or start to figure what you would give to get Carson Palmer or money it would take to sign Matt Flynn.

If we go that route yet again, this decade will be as bad if not worse than the last. The sad thing is I can see this happening, I'm starting to think I'll never see a real QB on this team in my lifetime, I am lucky enough to have been around when Marino was drafted so at least I got to watch him for all those years but FUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK this is just maddening.

However, those types of fans exist in EVERY city

EXACTLY! Fans are the same no matter the city, when their team is winning everything is wonderful when things are sucking everybody gets pissed. I have several friends who are diehard Bills fans, they are like night and day compared to last year. Bottom line, winning cures everything and this is a coaching staff and team that DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN PERIOD.

Suck for Luck as an amusing way to look positively at a terrible situation is fine. An actual campaign around it is lame and tacky.

All I am saying is Indy and Jax are really bad. I think there is little chance we get the #1 pick.

The Fins record will be awful, but not as bad as some of these ****-breathing teams.

St. Louis will start out 0-7. However, they will win some NFC West games.
Indy and Jax have to play each other twice. Titans are a lower level team. It doesn't compare to the AFC East. We're easily the worst team in our division. We have been the worst team in the league so far this year. Indy has been bad, but we've never even had a 17 point lead to blow. Number 1 pick is very possible.

Agreed. Real fans root for the team to lose to get out of mediocrity while the fake ones applaud mediocre results and clueless coaches.

You are getting brainwashed by frustration . . . there are players on this team that give their all come hell or high water and they deserve better from the fans. Yea, I can respect the fans "wanting" better . . . but rooting against you team to lose isn't the route to go. Sometimes you just have to let it happen . . . and just how fans felt justified looking for Harbaugh while having Tony here, even though it looked bad, it leaves a negative reflection on the organization and all that adds up to players and coaches not wanting to be part of a franchise whose fans are that way.

If I really felt campaigning for a college QB would do anything in terms of results/change than persuasion has a chance . . . but all the signs and shirts in the world isn't going to reflect results, it still on the team.

To call a fan that roots for his team to win, no matter the situation, is probably the silliest thing I've heard in some time. If you wanna "Suck 4 Luck" you do it, don't call out fans that just wanna see their team play, even if the results aren't the best. I want change, you damn right . . . but I'm not rooting against my team to tank, if they are that bad, they will do that on their own without me putting into question my fanhood.

And with our "luck" the next regime is as clueless as this one and Luck shows regresses under more incompetent coaching. Maybe Matt Barkley is the better NFL QB. Why even be a Dolphin fan if you are easily defeated as a fan? 39 years with no Super Bowl and I'm not rooting for my team to lose. I have seen them with the #1 pick, I have seen them switch coaches . . . has it really helped? Just let it happen, you don't have to lower your self for something you can't change.

All the campaigning and changes in the world . . . and you STILL have ZERO control if they take Luck or not, even with the first overall. We don't get a vote. Let it play out and go from there.

And rooting for the Jets over the Fins 4 games in. . . have some of y'all lost it on Finheaven?

LMAO. All you guys that proudly scream "Suck for Luck" and are buying t-shirts just got slapped in the face by the man himself. He doesn't want to play for fans like that. Wow! Good work people, even if we get the first pick Luck won't want to play for those type of fans.

Well the good thing is that if he refuses to play for us then we get to trade his pick for a team that wants him and get EXTRA DRAFT PICKS.

We'd still be able to get a decent QB + even more picks.

The last time this happened was when the Chargers ended up with Rivers and Eli Manning went to the Giants (because Manning didnt want to play for the Chargers?), right?

Luck saying this is exactly what I love about him - he's a player who can't fathom not giving everything he has on every play.

A lot of the posters in this thread make it sound as if Luck was speaking directly to Dolphins fans. He wasn't because we're not the only team that has a "Suck for Luck" fan campaign- Kansas City, Colts and St. Louis fans have all had "Suck for Luck" campaigns of one sort or another. I propose a new slogan - "We already suck...so let's get Luck!". And if I were Andrew Luck, I would be immensely more concerned about the way Steven Ross handled the Tony Sparano-Jim Harbaugh fiasco and why Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano thought bringing Marc Colombo in as a starting right tackle was a good idea than fans who are tired of seeing their team's (lack of) brain-trust making stupid decisions.

LMAO. All you guys that proudly scream "Suck for Luck" and are buying t-shirts just got slapped in the face by the man himself. He doesn't want to play for fans like that. Wow! Good work people, even if we get the first pick Luck won't want to play for those type of fans.

You can't possibly believe this!

Well the good thing is that if he refuses to play for us then we get to trade his pick for a team that wants him and get EXTRA DRAFT PICKS.

We'd still be able to get a decent QB + even more picks.

The last time this happened was when the Chargers ended up with Rivers and Eli Manning went to the Giants (because Manning didnt want to play for the Chargers?), right?
The Giants went on to win a Super Bowl. The Chargers haven't.

Back
Top Bottom