Merged: Mayweather Delahoya | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mayweather Delahoya

De La Hoya threw a bunch of crap and connected a few times... basically Mayweather picked him apart..

Thats it Boxing is RIGGED!

:lol: Hmm I wonder if I put Phin bcuks on Mayweather.

Mayweather threw 100 less punches but landed almost 100 more. yea, I don't know how it even came down to a split decision. Mayweather was the better fighter, and looked in much better shape. He could have went another 12 it looked like, though De La Hoya probably could have went another 5 too. It was a much more boring fight than i expected. Maybe they hyped it up too much. But really, if that was the best boxing has to offer, the sport is dead.

[mod]Do not circumvent the profanity filter. It's there for a reason. Just type the word correctly and let the filter do its job[/mod]
Yeah, but I'l tell you this, He didn't even crack my top 100 with that effort. Sugar Ray, Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Hell even Chavez in their prime like Mayweather is, would have knocked Oscar, a 34 y/o fighter past his best days, tha **** out!! So Mayweather has no claim to greatness in my book.

Oscar, Floyd Controversy!

Sunday, May 6 2007

The official Nevada master scorecard lists Oscar De La Hoya as fighting out of the blue corner, and Floyd Mayweather fighting out of the red corner. In reality, it was De La Hoya fighting out of the red corner and Mayweather out of the blue corner. Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer is currently investigating whether the scores were recorded accurately.

fightnews.com

had it 114-114 a draw.

The fight was what I expected it to be. An exhibition of Floyd's defensive skills and pot shotting abilities vs a more aggresive De La Hoya. In the 4th round when DLH started to assert himself with the jab, I thought he was on to something but he abandoned it in the 8th and went on to lose the fight even though I scored it even.

Who woulda thought that the jab would be his key to victory? I thought Oscar's equalizer would be his left hook but he just couldnt land it cleanly. No one in professional fighting rolls with punches the way Mayweather does and there was never an instant in this fight where he was not in control. Even when DLH mounted his flurries, he never hurt Mayweather or put him in a bad spot. With that being said, I think Oscar fought as well as he could and deserved a draw.

split decision mayweather.

i see you scored it 6-6, i had it 7-5 mayweather, but it wasnt as close as it was on the score card IMO. mayweather clearly dominated the fight even though oscar was the agresser, outside a couple moments, oscar simply didnt hit him at all.

Back
Top Bottom