Merged: Mayweather Delahoya | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mayweather Delahoya

Are you kidding? De La Hoya threw more but hit Mayweather with better shots IMO. Even Mayweather's pops admitted De La Hoya should've won...

Mayweather straight up dominated. De La Hoya threw too many bad punches and wasn't as powerful.

Did you agree with the split decision?

In a FoxSports poll, 56% say that De La Hoya should have won. 23% Yes, he had just enough in the tank. 21% say it should have been unanimous.

oscar had the fight until he quit throwing the jab..mayweather fought like he always does

Only reason people think de la hoya should won is because, 1.) He was the *good* guy in the fight. 2.) They don't know ****! hah

Oscar gassed again like he always does. From the 8th round on forget him not throwing his jab, he barely threw a punch aside from some flurry's that Floyd blocked with his defense. I thought Floyd won the fight convincingly. He showed better defense, better movement, was quick and countered great, and connected at a high percentage. Oscar only showed glimpses of how he should have fought the fight and definitely got discouraged half way through the fight. Oscar couldn't cut the ring off but I will say this, had he been able to, I think this would have been a different story. I really disliked the judge that gave the fight to Oscar. At best Oscar could have gotten a draw but as I said, I thought he lost to a better boxer. The split decision really tainted the victory for Floyd IMO because I thought he easily took a UD. Either way I thought the fight went how I expected it to and as a boxing fan I thought Mayweather showed the world how a boxer boxes. Casual fans might not appreciate last night's fight but as a person who is a boxing junkie who watches friday night fights, showbox, telefutra, and and every other boxing I can, I think the fight got the job done and I was satisfied with the fight and result!

:lol: The variety of opinions on the outcome of this fight are hilarious.

I think they will have a re-match. If they got even half of the interest that this one did they would still make a ton. Personally I think it would be the same fight

Back
Top Bottom