Merged: Mayweather Delahoya | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mayweather Delahoya

he also supported de la hoya and oscar is the one who bought him the seats

What you mean? It's Mayweather's Father...!!!

Do you even know anything about Floyd Sr.? If your taking Floyd Sr's word as the gospel, your in a lot of trouble. Floyd Sr. did all he could do to be apart of the biggest fight boxing has seen in a long time because neither fighter wanted him in his corner. What did he do? Took Oscar's seat and hotel room, says his son lost in the ring after the fight, basically he did anything he could do for face time. Did Oscar have his moments in this fight and land some shots on Mayweather, yes he did. But Floyd won this fight. It may have been closer then people thought it would be but Floyd won, the judges got it right!

Do you even know anything about Floyd Sr.? If your taking Floyd Sr's word as the gospel, your in a lot of trouble. Floyd Sr. did all he could do to be apart of the biggest fight boxing has seen in a long time because neither fighter wanted him in his corner. What did he do? Took Oscar's seat and hotel room, says his son lost in the ring after the fight, basically he did anything he could do for face time. Did Oscar have his moments in this fight and land some shots on Mayweather, yes he did. But Floyd won this fight. It may have been closer then people thought it would be but Floyd won, the judges got it right!

Not all the judges. One had it 116-112 for Oscar. What the hell was he watching.

Personally, I score the fight a draw (114-114) and would have been happy with that result. The two judges that scored it for Mayweather gave him one more round than I did.

The fight did not live up the hype and if this is the best boxing has to offer, the sport is in deep trouble. Yeah the boxing junkies like you and myself will contonue to watch but the mainstream sports fan will not and that's whats wrong with the sport nowadays.

No more fights on network television has shrunk the market and that need to change and change quick.

A post fight tidbit for those of you who are interested.

From Maxboxing.com

After the fight there was some controversy about the transferring of the scores onto the summary score sheets. Talks of red slips and blue slips, and scores being converted on the incorrect ledger buzzed ringside. It was the very definition of convoluted. Talk of the decision changing spread quickly, which brought a collective groan to everyone. After the fans had filed out of the arena, reporters huddled around Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer and others involved in the event examining the scorecards. It was very reminiscent of what happened last year in Los Angeles when on another Golden Boy Promotions event, a draw between Marco Antonio Barrera and Rocky Juarez was changed later to a Barrera victory. Something similar took place in 2000, when Stevie Johnston went into his locker room believing he had taken back his WBC lightweight belt from Jose Luis Castillo, only to be informed he would be giving the green belt back to
Castillo, as an error in tabulating the scores was found, and the contest was ruled a draw.

While De La Hoya-Mayweather the fight certainly didn't save boxing, as many had speculated it had the ability to, at the very least it didn't damage boxing's image like others in the past, like Holyfield-Tyson II. For the business of boxing, it was bad enough that Mayweather won, but it would have been catastrophic to have awarded De La Hoya the victory in this fashion.

When pressed by the media if he felt this 'honest mistake', as he called it, would be reversed, Schaefer would admit that it wouldn't be. But he was miffed that nobody from the Nevada State Athletic Commission or the WBC had stuck around to discuss this issue.

But Oscar says he will not be launching a full scale investigation and using all his resources to get to the bottom of this.

When they interviewed him, he was almost a mute when they asked him who he thought should've won. He didn't want to go against his son. He was mumbling non stop...until they finally got him to answer with a "De La Hoya".

A post fight tidbit for those of you who are interested.

From Maxboxing.com

interesting.

had oscar been awarded the fight, it would of turned even more people away from boxing based on the whole, boxing is rigged theme.

and i agree, the judge that gave oscar 7 rounds in that fight is out of his mind.

When they interviewed him, he was almost a mute when they asked him who he thought should've won. He didn't want to go against his son. He was mumbling non stop...until they finally got him to answer with a "De La Hoya".

yes, because he backed oscar, but didnt want to make it known really.

and did you hear his reasons for oscar winning? he pushed the fight, and threw more punches, even though they didnt land, he pressed the fight.

sorry predator, but pressing and throwing missing punches does not win you a fight.

Mayweather was an embarrassment...Oscar was over the Hill....

In his hey day...Oscar would have pressed him down the stretch and got a knockout....

Ike Quartey gave Oscar a better fight.

I had the fight 7-4 Mayweather...but he basically won the fight throwing one punch "combinations."

Floyd isn;t in the top 100 fighters of all-time and he is basically a joke.

Oscar has 8 good rounds in him...that is all.

In reality..neither one of these guys can hold a candle to any of the contenders during the Leonard/hagler/Hearns/Duran days.

Boxing is dead.

I hope the Mayweather doesn't retire, so he can fight Miguel Cotto. Cotto will send him to oblivion.

I hope the Mayweather doesn't retire, so he can fight Miguel Cotto. Cotto will send him to oblivion.

Ummm...no.:lol:

As much as I like Cotto. Thats a very tough fight for him. Let's see how he fares vs Zab on June 9th and how he deals with his hand speed before we make any crazy predicitons.

De La Hoya went away from his money maker the left Jab. I hate that crap why go away with something that has always work for you. Good fight overall but it was more of a technical fight then a brawl like the UFC is.

In his hey day...Oscar would have pressed him down the stretch and got a knockout....

I had the fight 7-4 Mayweather...but he basically won the fight throwing one punch "combinations."

In reality..neither one of these guys can hold a candle to any of the contenders during the Leonard/hagler/Hearns/Duran days.

Boxing is dead.
come on..not in the top 100? his technique and style has been perfected...you need to give mayweather more credit

Boxing is dead.

that ike quartey fight was a good one - anyone know what's ike's status since he lost that comeback controversial decision last spring?

Back
Top Bottom