MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

phunwin said:
Unfortunately, new CBA or no, I will put "Jacobs spending on the B's" safely in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. If Jacobs shows he gives a damn, then I'll come back to hockey. If it's same old, same old, I'll start following English soccer or something.

Sadly enough, I have to agree with you. Jacobs might be the worst owner in all of sports. Boston is a big time hockey town, and because he's a cheap bas*ard, he has almost singlehandedly killed the city's love for the Bruins. It's too bad really...

Good to see another Bruins fan on the board. I've always enjoyed reading your posts on the Mets, it'll be interesting and enjoyable to listen to your thoughts on the Bruins throughout the season. Looking forward to it. :up:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Sadly enough, I have to agree with you. Jacobs might be the worst owner in all of sports. Boston is a big time hockey town, and because he's a cheap bas*ard, he has almost singlehandedly killed the city's love for the Bruins. It's too bad really...

Good to see another Bruins fan on the board. I've always enjoyed reading your posts on the Mets, it'll be interesting and enjoyable to listen to your thoughts on the Bruins throughout the season. Looking forward to it. :up:

Bill Wirtz is much worse. The Blackhawks are so awful that they are at the top of the list behind Pittsburgh for contraction. We're talking about Chicago here, and no one cares at all...quick, name a Blackhawk!

RWhitney014 said:
Bill Wirtz is much worse. The Blackhawks are so awful that they are at the top of the list behind Pittsburgh for contraction. We're talking about Chicago here, and no one cares at all...quick, name a Blackhawk!

Brian Berard. :lol:

Man was I p*ssed when the Bruins let him walk. Much like Rolston and Guerin. Damn, I hate Jacobs, he let Knuble go to Philly this past offseason, so cheap.

RWhitney014 said:

Alexei Zhamnov?

FaninPatsyLand said:

Thanks! I'm sure my love for hockey will come back at some point, and dumb@$$ that I am, I'll get my hopes up over the B's again.

However, I'd rate Donald Sterling as the worst owner in sports, with Bill Wirtz second. Jacobs is in the top 5 (bottom 5?) for sure, though.

OK, so we've got Bryan Berard and Alexei Zhamnov. That's about it...I'll throw in Jocelyn Thibault and Jarkko Ruutu as legit NHLers...I mean, the team had a goalie named Passmore for a few years...not a good sign.

Here's the NHL schedule

July 23: Buyout period begins; also begins the period to negotiate with 2003 draft picks and teams' own free agents.

- July 28: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for signing 2003 draft picks (otherwise they re-enter 2005 draft); deadline for exercising club/player options for 2005-06 season.

- July 29: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for player buyouts.

- July 30: NHL entry draft in Ottawa. Modified version with only top prospects invited and cut down from nine to seven rounds.

- July 31: 5 p.m. EDT deadline to extend qualifying offers to clubs' own free agents. Qualifying offers are needed to retain rights of restricted free agents.

- Aug. 1: Official free-agent signing season begins.

- Aug. 10: Players notify teams whether they've elected salary arbitration.

- Aug. 11: Clubs notify players whether they've elected to bring them to salary arbitration.

- Aug. 12: NHL and NHLPA schedule arbitration cases.

- Aug. 15: Qualifying offers expire automatically.

- Aug. 22-Sept. 1: Salary arbitration hearings.
David Deboudt is online now Add to David Deboudt's Reputation Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

wpgfishfan said:
How can you guys cry about your owners???

Did they move your team to the desert???

At least you still have a team

This is true, it's a shame the NHL left Winnipeg and Quebec, and even Hartford. The Bruins and Whalers had a nice little rivalry going before they moved them to Carolina. Hockey shouldn't exist in the South, its a shame. They should bring the sport back to places where people actually care.

It can exist in the South in certain places...metropolitan places where people go for unexpected things. But there is no way on earth that you will convince me of Nashville's validity as a hockey town...even with the Canes, they aren't even in Charlotte...they're in Raleigh. What's with that? The NHL's best move would be to have teams in Winnipeg, Quebec, Saskatoon, Halifax, even Windsor...I guarantee that people would go...and Detroit-Windsor would be a cool rivalry.

winnipeg,quebec and hartford could not financially keep their teams....maybe now with a cap they can....it will be interesting to see what happens to carolina and St Louis, both teams are for sale

Back
Top Bottom