Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

chris84chambers said:
JW whered u get those stats at?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=135107

That's Vince.

Here's Leinart:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120511

And Cutler:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=115374

I know there are a lot of legitimate concerns people have over Young's transition to the NFL. I have no problem with that.

But saying he was anything but a great passer last year is just not true. He was the one of if not the best in the country.

Trekbiz said:
You can pick and choose any stat you want to prove a point. You can throw an outlet pass to a RB that goes 90 yds. and guess what, you have a YPA of 90 yards, while you throw a pass with 50 yards of air under it and its a YPA of 50.

:shakeno:

Yeah, all Young's passes were after the catch yards and all everybody else's weren't.

Too bad Cutler's longest pass wasn't even 50 yards... air or not.

I'm not picking and choosing stats, man. He was better overall as a passer last year.

Whether or not he will be a great NFLer is a totally legitmate question, but saying he only dinks and dunks or is a bad passer is just flat wrong.

I think it's time we dispelled that notion from this board.

Alex22 said:
wow

In the rose bowl yes Id agree with that

But Deep Post routes were what he threw most of the season, he hardly dinked and dunked at all
deep post? more like lots of curls and 7-10 yard passes to stationary receivers. the deep passes floated and were more jump balls than anything.

How did he pass courses at Texas?

I can't see a potential 1st rd blow off the Wonderlic. too many teams consider the wonderlic a valuable evalution tool.

HysterikiLL said:
Quite possibly the funniest arguements over a point I've ever read in a single thread. :lol:

Ditto :lol:

I personally like all the "I don't care how stupid he is off the field" comments. :shakeno::D

Matt Leinart reportedly scored a 35 on the Wonderlic test.
That's a great score. Jay Cutler was supposedly testing in the high 20's before the Combine. Vince Young scored a six. Feb. 26 - 10:15 am et
Source: Nashville Tennessean

'Nuff said...

houstonhurrican said:
That's a great score. Jay Cutler was supposedly testing in the high 20's before the Combine. Vince Young scored a six. Feb. 26 - 10:15 am et

'Nuff said...

Impressive

houstonhurrican said:

'Nuff said...
i'm sure it has nothing to do with his incredibly ability to read defenses and make decisions on the fly.

Juan Cribbs said:
i'm sure it has nothing to do with his incredibly ability to read defenses and make decisions on the fly.

What I find most disturbing about his 6 is that someone had to be working with him on practicing for the test before he took it in Indy. So I wonder what he would have scored without the extra work?

nopony said:
Well, let's see here...

Jay Cutler's yards per attempt was 6.65.

Matt Leinart's YPA was 8.85.

Vince Young's YPA was 9.34.

Who was the dinker and dunker again?

:shakeno:

That is a really sad thing around here. People here something and then they repeat it as if it's gospel, regardless of whether it was true in the first place.

It's the very worst sort of conventional wisdom.
I guess you don't think the supporting cast on the team around a QB makes any difference either? Vandy's 1st wide reciever couldn't have made USC's or Texas's team! Should Cutler be penalized for that? How about an O-line that might have a tough time competing at the high school level...should that be factored in?
What is sad as you call it, is when you see an opinion different than your own, your the 1st one to jump on and point out the so called innacuracies of that post.
Mark this down and save it or whatever....I guarantee in 5 years Cutler will be a much better QB than Young!

Phinanthropist said:
Great news. I'll take him at 16 without hesitation.

and at the very worst, some team might want to trade up with us to get him if Saban/Mularky dont like him. but Look out ladies, this is the stuff Dan Marino's are made of. Rumours and takes on stuff that wont mean a damn thing once the helmet goes on. It also may make Young more intense to show what he has now and get competitive. I see some team getting very lucky. I hope its us!

dolphindude13 said:
I guess you don't think the supporting cast on the team around a QB makes any difference either? Vandy's 1st wide reciever couldn't have made USC's or Texas's team! Should Cutler be penalized for that? How about an O-line that might have a tough time competing at the high school level...should that be factored in?
What is sad as you call it, is when you see an opinion different than your own, your the 1st one to jump on and point out the so called innacuracies of that post.
Mark this down and save it or whatever....I guarantee in 5 years Cutler will be a much better QB than Young!

here we go...........should Gus be penalized for CC dropping balls right in his gut? Now lets hear the spin.........:rolleyes2

vince young scores a 6 in the wonderlic test

[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

that should hurt his draft stock

Back
Top Bottom