Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

Phinanthropist said:
Did you watch the end of the National Championship Game?

Generally speaking I would agree with your comments, but not in this case.

I have seen enough and the risk/reward ratio is simply too high.

If he is there at 16 I take him, and it would be the easiest pick of the entire draft.

on the flip side I think he's a reach at #16.
I'd be highly dissapointed and it has nothing at all to do with whatever he scored on his test.

Young won't be able to take over games with his running skills like he could in college. NFL is way too fast. At some point the man is going to have to learn to read defenses, stay in the pocket and make quick and correct decisions on throws. I haven't seen him do this in college.

He dinks and dunks, roll out plays with options to run or pass to underneath targets. NFL defenses will take this away from him and make him actually play QB. He won't be able to handle it IMO.

He may, but the negatives of his game make taking V. Young at 16 a bad risk.
Hopefully, we'll sign Brees and not even have to worry about this.

On another note, if the score is true, it's pretty damn amusing.

Trekbiz said:
Young won't be able to take over games with his running skills like he could in college. NFL is way too fast. At some point the man is going to have to learn to read defenses, stay in the pocket and make quick and correct decisions on throws. I haven't seen him do this in college.

Then you didn't watch him. At all.

He dinks and dunks, roll out plays with options to run or pass to underneath targets. NFL defenses will take this away from him and make him actually play QB. He won't be able to handle it IMO.

Where does this nonsense come from? He was the highest rated PASSER in college football. He had a phenomenal YPA so it wasn't "dinks and dunks". He made all the throws and he made them to where defenders weren't... reading defenses well. He performed better as a PASSER than either Cutler or Leinart.

Man, people love to hate Vince Young.

nopony said:

Where does this nonsense come from? He was the highest rated PASSER in college football. He had a phenomenal YPA so it wasn't "dinks and dunks". He made all the throws and he made them to where defenders weren't... reading defenses well. He performed better as a PASSER than either Cutler or Leinart. .

I have watched him plenty.
I don't agree with anyting you said especially that Young performed better as a passer, so were at a stand still.

nopony said:

Man, people love to worship Vince Young....

it can go both ways.

Personally, I don't hate Vince Young.
I just think that he isn't a 1st round value.

As a player, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give him........... hmm, for some reason a big fat 6 keeps coming to mind! :D

Phishstix said:
as long as he gets us in the endzone, who cares?
well there's no indication that young would be able to do so in the NFL, especially if he's as dumb as indicated.

Phishstix said:
how about a learning disability or something of that matter? not saying he has one; he might just be a card carrying dumbarse, but that is a possibility.

Eh, I have heard this before an dhow people have masked it throughout college and whatnot. I just don't know. I mean, how did he get through school without anyone ever noticing it? Unless all assignments were done for him or weren't even assigned ( a likely possibility on both ends ), I don't see how someone gets that far into education without someone testing for it.

Personally, if this is true, I think he probably didn't study for it and didn't take it seriously. A six is horrid.

I have watched him plenty.
I don't agree with anyting you said especially that Young performed better as a passer, so were at a stand still.

Not really a standstill. You made comments that are provably untrue.

nopony said:

Where does this nonsense come from? He was the highest rated PASSER in college football. He had a phenomenal YPA so it wasn't "dinks and dunks". He made all the throws and he made them to where defenders weren't... reading defenses well. He performed better as a PASSER than either Cutler or Leinart.

where does ur nonsense come from?? he dinks and dunks to get a high rating he barely throws it past 20 yards

chris84chambers said:
where does ur nonsense come from?? he dinks and dunks to get a high rating he barely throws it past 20 yards

wow

In the rose bowl yes Id agree with that

But Deep Post routes were what he threw most of the season, he hardly dinked and dunked at all

chris84chambers said:

Well, let's see here...

Jay Cutler's yards per attempt was 6.65.

Matt Leinart's YPA was 8.85.

Vince Young's YPA was 9.34.

Who was the dinker and dunker again?

:shakeno:

That is a really sad thing around here. People here something and then they repeat it as if it's gospel, regardless of whether it was true in the first place.

It's the very worst sort of conventional wisdom.

nopony said:
Well, let's see here...

Jay Cutler's yards per attempt was 6.65.

Matt Leinart's YPA was 8.85.

Vince Young's YPA was 9.34.

Who was the dinker and dunker again?

:shakeno:

That is a really sad thing around here. People here something and then they repeat it as if it's gospel, regardless of whether it was true in the first place.

It's the very worst sort of conventional wisdom.

You can pick and choose any stat you want to prove a point. You can throw an outlet pass to a RB that goes 90 yds. and guess what, you have a YPA of 90 yards, while you throw a pass with 50 yards of air under it and its a YPA of 50.

If you watch Texas' games and see how their coaches managed games for V. Young you'll see his strengths and weaknesses from that alone. Much more than looking at a stat sheet, which I know is your favorite end all argument on any player.

Bottom line is that none of us can prove any one of them a better prospect than the other.

We have our own opinions and only time will tell.
I'm not a parrot.
I didn't hear anything and repeat it as gospel.
I've made my own judgements and I, as in Myself, do not see NFL game in Vince Young as a QB. Not without having to overcome much more obstacles than other prospects will have to overcome. I.E. Leinart and Cutler.

Back
Top Bottom