Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

SpeedRush99 said:
This shouldn't surprise anyone thats seen him in an interview.

Yes it should. A six should make him barely able to speak coherently. He speaks reasonably well.

Flyer22 said:
5 Sample questions, from the Wonderlic website http://www.wonderlic.com/Products/sample_tests.asp?prod_id=4
Don't hurt yourselves.

1. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

2. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
1 true, 2 false, 3 not certain?
The boy plays baseball.
All baseball players wear hats.
The boy wears a hat.

3. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will 4 pads cost?

4. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
Nieman, K.M.
Neiman, K.M.
Thomas, G.K.
Thomas, C.K.
Hoff, J.P.
Hoff, J.P.
Pino, L.R.
Pina, L.R.
Warner, T.S.
Wanner, T.S.

5. RESENT RESERVE  Do these words 1 have similar meanings, 2 have contradictory meanings, 3 mean neither the same nor opposite?
Wow...I wish I had gone to Harvard to learn that kind of stuff!

nopony said:
Yes it should. A six should make him barely able to speak coherently. He speaks reasonably well.

:yeahthat:

Its possible he has a learning disorder....or anwserd 6 questions and blew off the rest of the test lol

Frank Gore has a learning disorder and scored a 6 last year

Alex22 said:
:yeahthat:

Its possible he has a learning disorder....or anwserd 6 questions and blew off the rest of the test lol

Frank Gore has a learning disorder and scored a 6 last year
i don't think i want a QB with a learning disorder.

nopony said:

Thats debatable

Update from PFT:

VINCE'S PICK-SIX IS CONFIRMED

We've confirmed that Texas quarterback Vince Young has indeed scored a measly six on the Wonderlic test, administered annually to the potential members of the draft class at the scouting combine.

Said one league insider, "It's also the number of the round he'll be drafted in."

There's a significant buzz in Indy regarding the ridiculously low marks. Though we're not quite sure that there's much of a correlation between book smarts and football ability, we've got a feeling that, of all positions, quarterback is the one that requires at least some basic cognitive ability.

Unless, of course, the offense consists of making one read and then pulling the ball down and running -- which is the very approach the team that drafts Young might have to employ.

Though the suggestion that Young will last until round six is an exaggeration, the thinking is that he lost millions of dollars via his poor performance on the test, and that it's now a virtual certainty that Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler will pass him in round one.

Not good for ol' Vince. I'm curious to see how the other QB's did.

SpeedRush99 said:
Thats debatable

he talks like a texan. that ain't so bad. then again, our president talks like a texan, too ;)

Samphin said:
Vince has no escuse if you ask me. Even Nervous people can get 10.

how about a learning disability or something of that matter? not saying he has one; he might just be a card carrying dumbarse, but that is a possibility.

LIQUID24 said:
Update from PFT:

Not good for ol' Vince. I'm curious to see how the other QB's did.

Thats the thing that makes me go hmm..

How come Vince Youngs scores are available, yet no other scores from anyone else have been made available yet?

Last year I dont think everybodys wonderlic scores came out until at least one week after the combine.

Didn't Fitzpatrick get a perfect score last year? Did it help his draft status alot? If Young is available at 16, I think Saban should take him if Brees or Culpepper are not brought in.

Jnaledu3 said:
Thats the thing that makes me go hmm..

How come Vince Youngs scores are available, yet no other scores from anyone else have been made available yet?

Last year I dont think everybodys wonderlic scores came out until at least one week after the combine.

Probably because Vince's was so shockingly low that people just couldnt keep their mouth shut and yapped about it to everyone..

clear.gif

Anyway, Stupid is as Stupid does.

Back
Top Bottom