Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change?

Logo is the same.

Just looked through every single team on NFL.com. And every single teams logo and jersey was exactly the same as the 2007 season. This could be the case. But it would be the first time since 95 or 96 (maybe even longer) that not one single team at least tweaked their jerseys. Im 99% sure that it could still change.

i like last year;s draft hats a lot better, to be honest i dont think we get a change in logo or jersey. Here is the thing, i can buy that hat and get it next week. If miami changes logo and i bought that hat i would want my money back, i dont think NFL.com would sell it knowing miami getting a new logo soon.

edit:
nm, says it leaves warehouse 2-3 weeks, so i think if they dont announce the change within then, then ill be 99% sure we dont change

edit 2:
look at the pats hat
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2962526&cp=716669.2237543&parentPage=family
leaves warehouse 2-5 days. hmm...maybe we are getting a new logo.

then agian, i just saw the chargers
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2962533&cp=716604.2237557&parentPage=family
and it leaves the same time as miami. so maybe not

The same dude that did the Chargers uniform is designing the Dolphins new uniform. Last July Miami applied for permission to change the logo and the uniform. It most likely will be unveiled in late March early April. 10 seasons ago in 1997 Miami changed the logo and uniform to the cartoon it is now.From what I understand from friends inside the organization. I am close friends with Kenny Walkers wife. That the logo will be the Same Dolphin with a lighter color of aqua humping the flaming football. The sun ring will be more pronounced the the Dolphin will be half way inside the ring. Also the dark blue trim will be dropped for orange. It will be more of a classic look. There also is going to be an alternate logo that will look very similar to the stadium logo since the staduim will get a new name that logo is not going to be used as the stadium logo. If you notice they have allready removed the logo from the practice bubble.

I really hope that if there is a logo change that the Dolphin isn't humping a flaming football. I've seen some of those picks (can't recall if it was on this site or elsewhere) and they're horrible.

If the logo were to change, it should be towards a more realistic looking dolphin, and most certainly keep the sun...

Not saying I don't believe you, but these rumorss have been flying around for a while and I have not heard any official confirmation from the team or any other news outlet.

Well, to add to what the original poster mentioned about the uniforms, it was revealed by the guy who redesigned the Chargers and the NFL logos that he was working on a new one for the Dolphins. I have also heard the new logo described the same way, so if they did give notice to the league and commissioned new uniforms, it would all seem to tie in together.

Well, to add to what the original poster mentioned about the uniforms, it was revealed by the guy who redesigned the Chargers and the NFL logos that he was working on a new one for the Dolphins. I have also heard the new logo described the same way, so if they did give notice to the league and commissioned new uniforms, it would all seem to tie in together.

Yeah, I've heard that before. But the only place I've heard it is here. There's been no confirmation anywhere else. And I've herad nothing from the Dolphins organization.

Just looked through every single team on NFL.com. And every single teams logo and jersey was exactly the same as the 2007 season. This could be the case. But it would be the first time since 95 or 96 (maybe even longer) that not one single team at least tweaked their jerseys. Im 99% sure that it could still change.

But the NFL logo itself is changing and they haven't instituted that on the site either. I'm guessing there must be a predetermined date when all the changes go into effect.

Refresh my memory, what has been the timetable for unveiling recent changes (Chargers, Vikings), has it been before or after the draft? I remember the Cardinals leaking their new logo the season before the change, and it was worn in the Pro Bowl...

Yeah, I've heard that before. But the only place I've heard it is here. There's been no confirmation anywhere else. And I've herad nothing from the Dolphins organization.

The story originated from uniwatchblog.com, where the guy that runs the blog (and has an occasional ESPN column) actually spoke to the guy who was re-designing both the Chargers (unveiled last year) and NFL (to be unveiled at the draft) logos, so I think there's at least some smoke there.

Yeah the Raiders have been quite intimidating with their black and silver colors with a Raider with a patch over one eye as their logo. They were so intimidating that most every team steamrolled them ...except for us :lol:

That's it! Our dolphin needs an eye patch! :lol:

But the NFL logo itself is changing and they haven't instituted that on the site either. I'm guessing there must be a predetermined date when all the changes go into effect.

Refresh my memory, what has been the timetable for unveiling recent changes (Chargers, Vikings), has it been before or after the draft? I remember the Cardinals leaking their new logo the season before the change, and it was worn in the Pro Bowl...

usually new uniforms/logos get announced/unveiled sometime in March. Actually I believe the Chargers and Vikings didn't even announce their change until early April. Then unveiled them right before the draft.

The Fins should just be super sneaky and not announce anything until they hold up a new, revised jersey with the #1 picks name on it :D

Back
Top Bottom