Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change?

A new school/old school logo...
fin-1.jpg

and a simple, but stark uniform design...

Warfield-1.jpg

...nuff said

Maybe not "intimidated" by other teams colors

However something tells me if we were they Miami Tuilps playing with yellow and white colors that other teams would definatly play up for us.

No I would hate for Miami to change uniforms or their logo HOWEVER there is no doubt in my mind that there is some sort of psychological part a team’s colors and logos play, even if it is in a small way.

There is a lot of baggage that comes with a name (Eugene, Marvin, Dilbert) and there are defiantly feelings that can be associated with colors. (Yellow, purple, pink)- Is it enough to turn a franchise aroundâ€- probably not… Could it play, in part, a small role in a victory or two during the season? I would not count that out because it’s not just about how other teams sees us, it’s also about how we see ourselves.

Simply put, if you were told you had to physically confront one person without knowing anything about them except their name. Who would you choose Eugene or Rock?

Our uniforms and our logo are great (and the color and logo has shown it can be PERFECT) but to say colors can have no effect on a teams play is not looking at the whole picture.

They have absolutely no effect on a teams play.
When that first hit is leveled nothing about logos, colors, uniform designs, cities being represented have anything to do with the outcome whatsoever.
It's all about the game, the opponent you are going up against and maintaining a level of intensity.

I can't believe I'm actually having a discussion like this.....

lol since when do colors have something to do with a teams play? I thought it was just to tell team from team.

:lol:

It's amazing how a completely unconfirmed rumor that was directly rejected by a Phins rep. STILL ends up in a thread on the main board once a week.

In this case it's the second one in one week!

I'm with you though. Don't mind design changes to uniform just don't mess with our logo or color scheme.

and this was over a year ago!

They have absolutely no effect on a teams play.
When that first hit is leveled nothing about logos, colors, uniform designs, cities being represented have anything to do with the outcome whatsoever.
It's all about the game, the opponent you are going up against and maintaining a level of intensity.

I can't believe I'm actually having a discussion like this.....

Simply saying something does not make it so. Some people believe psychology is nothing more than hogwash- fine- millions do not. I on the other hand believe the millions of dollars spent on psychological studies that conclude that colors DO affect peoples mood AND confidence. Yes, Egbert dressed in a yellow and white skirt might have a bit of a confidence problem.

So we can disagree.
You are amazed at what some people can come up with.
I am amazed at what some people can dismiss.

Simply saying something does not make it so. Some people believe psychology is nothing more than hogwash- fine- millions do not. I on the other hand believe the millions of dollars spent on psychological studies that conclude that colors DO affect peoples mood AND confidence. Yes, Egbert dressed in a yellow and white skirt might have a bit of a confidence problem.

So we can disagree.
You are amazed at what some people can come up with.
I am amazed at what some people can dismiss.

The clear problem with your argument here is that you want to reference a completely absurd extreme.

Sure, put an NFL player in a skirt and he'll likely be focused on the fact that he's in a skirt.

It's a completely silly reference though because there's not going to be that much of an extreme in the NFL.

The difference of comparing a blue teams success to a team in Green's success is not even in the same universe of comparing a team wearing normal uniforms to a team wearing G-Strings. Sorry but it's not.

You're not going to get a psycholgical advantage from professional sports players based on the color of jersey's they are wearing. You wouldn't find anyone that weak minded in High School sports let alone Professional sports.

Let's not forget, there's been a lot of "retro" or going back to classic uni's in recent trends too. Such as the Chargers using white and powder puff blue uni's, Giants a few years ago going back to the NY logo vs. the Giants logo, etc. Why not going back to the original colors (Aqua, orange and white), but putting it on a more contemporary designed uniform (i.e. Broncos, Vikings, etc.). Just a thought.

Agreed.

im not gonnabe too picky, i just want to get back to the aqua blue color. im tired of seeing us and thinking why the hell are we wearing green?

The clear problem with your argument here is that you want to reference a completely absurd extreme.

Sure, put an NFL player in a skirt and he'll likely be focused on the fact that he's in a skirt.

It's a completely silly reference though because there's not going to be that much of an extreme in the NFL.

The difference of comparing a blue teams success to a team in Green's success is not even in the same universe of comparing a team wearing normal uniforms to a team wearing G-Strings. Sorry but it's not.

You're not going to get a psycholgical advantage from professional sports players based on the color of jersey's they are wearing. You wouldn't find anyone that weak minded in High School sports let alone Professional sports.

Retro Tampa to me, was at that level of extreme. Besides the whole confidence thing only props up Miami's Retro uniform argument. It is the only logo and colors in the history of the nfl that was perfect.

i think the players and coaching had a little more to do with those colors going perfect than the colors did themselves.

i really hope if a new logo is coming it looks a lot like this
dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif

dolphinswhitemonody8-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

I love that design! who ever made it did an amazing job! something like that would be sick

Whoaaa! I like that logo, that retro design...and that dolphin looks PISSED!

What do the Yankees, Cowboys, Celtics, Lakers, Canadiens, Packers and Dodgers have in common?
They are teams that have not changed their logos in decades because they are classic and represent tradition.
While, the Dolphins tweaked their logo 10 years ago, it basically is the same as the one designed in 1966.
I would love to see the mid 70s-to mid 80s jerseys return but that's not going to happen so a modern-day version, similar to the Thanksgiving 2003 ones would be the next best thing.

Back
Top Bottom