MERGED: Tebow Speculation | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Tebow Speculation

Forget the football aspect to it. IF, and I mean a longshot IF, this were to happen... it's kind of the perfect storm for Miami. Tebow has been publicly humiliated by the most hated team in the Miami world, the Jests.

We need fans in the seats. What better story line than a Florida's Son coming home after being humiliated?

If played correctly in the very beginning (his role, his responsibilities, etc), this could be a PR coupe for us. I do question his fit in our offense, but he has a ton of PR value to an organization that is redefining their identity. It would have to be a very carefully orchestrated, but I could see this being Pennington-esque. Without all the starting QB drama.

It's all about roles.

Stop, just stop this nonsense now! Tebow needs to go the same path as Pat White, a very early retirement from the NFL. If he can't do that, then he needs to take the freak show to another town and not S. Florida

If he was absolutely 100% on board with being an H-Back/TE I'd give him a shot if he was just a regular Joe. But seeing as this is Tim Tebow who can do no wrong, and the media just loves he's just not worth the trouble.

I watched all the Jets games last year living in upstate NY. Tebow , did everything the Jets asked of him. Play special teams,he did it. He converted quite a few first downs until we exposed him. Sign the guy give him a chance

The upside if the fins sign Tebow, is that they will be mentioned on every single article on the PFT site every hour! So forgive if I say, no thanks.

I wish Tebow well & I I think it's sad that people get into humiliating someone who has done all that has been asked of him.

Having said that, no one owes him anything & he should earn a shot in situation where it makes sense and here is not the place. Tebow has not dedicated himself to be a TE/HB and he needs to do that and demonstrate some ability before he gets signed by anyone. I don't want a hint of him at the QB position!

I wish Tebow well & I I think it's sad that people get into humiliating someone who has done all that has been asked of him.

Having said that, no one owes him anything & he should earn a shot in situation where it makes sense and here is not the place. Tebow has not dedicated himself to be a TE/HB and he needs to do that and demonstrate some ability before he gets signed by anyone. I don't want a hint of him at the QB position!

You do realize that Tebow has better numbers than Tannehill...in the same number of starts right? That he has thrown for more TD and less INT? That he has outrushed him by A LOT!. That he led his team by throwing for over 300 yards against the number one defense in the league to win a playoff game. That he led the Broncos to a playoff win and Peyton did not? That he has two 300 yard games whereas Tanny has one. Why, with that level of success, does he need to change positions? He was started reluctantly by the Broncos and led them to a playoff win. Elway clearly did not want him to succeed. Everytime he made a play Elway's face told the real story. He couldn't start in NY because if he succeeded, there goes Sanchez and they didn't want to wreck his confidence. Why is it that teams will stick w/QB like Fitzpatrick, McCoy, Sanchez...or let young QB like Gabbert, Henne, Ponder 'develop' for years before making a move? Why do they get undeserved starting nods and Tebow does not? All he has done is win. When you cater to his strengths he gets it done. It's this sad groupthink that takes over and nobody will go against it. And sheeple like you and others hear it and regurgitate it. But yet, based on facts, and his production, those views are proven to be plain wrong and ignorant. So NFL teams will stick w/a QB who looks great in shorts throwing the ball Tuesday through Saturday but fails miserably on Sunday, but won't just give Tebow a shot when he looks bad in practice but gets wins on Sunday? You people make no sense. Nobody is saying he is Joe Namath with his passing prowess but you cannot throw for 300 yards twice w/out being able to throw the ball. I honestly think some fans would rather have Marino w/no rings over Tim Tebow w/rings if you gave them a choice.

You do realize that Tebow has better numbers than Tannehill...in the same number of starts right? That he has thrown for more TD and less INT? That he has outrushed him by A LOT!. That he led his team by throwing for over 300 yards against the number one defense in the league to win a playoff game. That he led the Broncos to a playoff win and Peyton did not? That he has two 300 yard games whereas Tanny has one. Why, with that level of success, does he need to change positions? He was started reluctantly by the Broncos and led them to a playoff win. Elway clearly did not want him to succeed. Everytime he made a play Elway's face told the real story. He couldn't start in NY because if he succeeded, there goes Sanchez and they didn't want to wreck his confidence. Why is it that teams will stick w/QB like Fitzpatrick, McCoy, Sanchez...or let young QB like Gabbert, Henne, Ponder 'develop' for years before making a move? Why do they get undeserved starting nods and Tebow does not? All he has done is win. When you cater to his strengths he gets it done. It's this sad groupthink that takes over and nobody will go against it. And sheeple like you and others hear it and regurgitate it. But yet, based on facts, and his production, those views are proven to be plain wrong and ignorant. So NFL teams will stick w/a QB who looks great in shorts throwing the ball Tuesday through Saturday but fails miserably on Sunday, but won't just give Tebow a shot when he looks bad in practice but gets wins on Sunday? You people make no sense. Nobody is saying he is Joe Namath with his passing prowess but you cannot throw for 300 yards twice w/out being able to throw the ball. I honestly think some fans would rather have Marino w/no rings over Tim Tebow w/rings if you gave them a choice.

I'd like to see what Tebow does with our WRs... Tannehill on the Broncos would've put up really nice stats. Lets not forget our WR corp was the worst in the league last year while Tebow had guys like Thomas who could take a slant 70 yards for a touchdown. Tannehill had trouble finding guys that could even catch a freaking slant last season..

As many have stated in this thread, it's a shame the amount of negative feedback that Tebow receives. The guy wants to play QB, I get that. But he does everything a team asks of him. Heck, even does special teams. Unbelievable character, charisma, leadership. Not to mention a tremendous teammate. Yup, we already have our potential franchise QB. But Tim is the type of athlete who could play multiple positions in the NFL. He is a Florida boy, I'm really surprised there is so much hate for him on these boards from the home state crowd.

Don't forget that Tebow is NOT the distraction. He will do everything you ask of him and more. The Jets screwed things up with Tebow. But come on, it's the Jets. Bring the boy home and let him play some ball.

Back
Top Bottom