Merged: Terrell Owens | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Terrell Owens

If T.O. had a decent attitude we wouldn't be talking about this because he woudn't be available... Remember, Donavan McNabb was not a good enough QB for him, how do you think he is going to react to Gus?

Maybe Saban can "tame the shrew" in similar fashion to what he did with Ricky, but that is a big maybe, and its taking for granted that Saban would even want to deal with him...

If Saban thinks he can control TO then bring him in... he'd be an asset - wow, what an offense, TO, CC, Booker, Welker, McMichael, Brown, Williams.

finsnchips said:
If Saban thinks he can control TO then bring him in... he'd be an asset - wow, what an offense, TO, CC, Booker, Welker, McMichael, Brown, Williams.

I agree with that, if Saban believes he can do it, then so do I...

opfinistic said:
Comparing Ricky to TO is apples to oranges. I never heard Ricky publicly bash his teammates or the organization. Ricky flaked out, took a year off, got it together and made ammends. He was a man about it. TO pissed and moaned about money. Bashed his team and fellow players and disrupted a franchise that IMO was going to the playoffs this year. If that 'cabesa de mierda' comes to Miami I can only hope that Saban can keep his head on straight and keep his big yap shut. He would be a phenominal upgrade at the WR position, but would his price be worth it?

Thank you, well said. I cringe every time I hear someone say, look how Saban handled Ricky, therefore he can handle TO.

If TO is here, Booker won't be, so everyone can stop including him.

T.O. would be good for one year, but after the first year when he leads our team deep into the playoffs, he'll probably start spewing off his "I don't make enough money crap." It's certainly a huge risk bringing in T.O.; not to mention we are $8 mil or so over the salary cap for next year.

1. Our cap status right now means NOTHING. We'll have plenty of cash. Cutting 3 insignificant players now would put us $3 million under.

2. I think you can bank it that TO and his contract will be a non-issue. He wont' get anything but a highly stipulated contract based on attitude and performance. With that said, the only risk signing TO is making sure he doesn't get annoyed with the amount of balls going his way.

MtnFinFan said:
Thank you, well said. I cringe every time I hear someone say, look how Saban handled Ricky, therefore he can handle TO.

Exactly If anything Ricky is to humble and wordly....

T.O is to....Donald Trump like

I wouldn't touch TO with a 50 foot pole. I seriously doubt Saban will either. Plus, the guy is 32 years old. I doubt he'll sign a short term contract, and I also doubt he'd sign another backloaded contract.

If he does sign with Miami, there will be a whole lot of "Im sorry T.O" threads once he single-handedly wins a game for Miami. The guy may have his issues, but Im sure he learned something from this.

Is this was true and T.O. really did want to come here and of course it could be worked out contract wise and still allow us to be fiscally responsible, then if I were Nick Saban, I would bring T.O. down and into my office and have basically a long drawn out job interview with him asking some pretty difficult questions. Nick is a smart smart smart man and can detect any B.S. that T.O. feeding him. If Nick is then satisfied and comfortable making the move and T.O. still wants to come here I say make the move with a smart contract... Maybe that's me having too much trust in Nick or giving him too much credit, but at this point, he's earned it..

Sick Naban said:
If he does sign with Miami, there will be a whole lot of "Im sorry T.O" threads once he single-handedly wins a game for Miami. The guy may have his issues, but Im sure he learned something from this.

Wow... "T.O." and "learning" in the same sentence? Quite the paradoxical statement.

GRAPEAPE said:
T.O. is the most talented WR I have ever watched, he make big plays, he runs well, he catches well, he is the entire package. I still don't want to see him in a Dolphin uniform. For all the talent he has, he has just as much ego, and selfishness to go with it. This is a team, not the Miami TO's.

You hit the nail on the head. TO might come in with good intentions, but he cannot control himself. I truely believe he is the best receiver in football, but he is a destroyer of team chemistry. He is not worth the trouble, which is so sad, I wish him the best in the battle with his demons.

AquaInferno said:
Made sense to me :confused:

Only thing Canadians do to bug me is saying Zed instead of Z. At my job I speak to quite a few Canadians on the phone, and they all say Zed instead of Z.

Ok enough of that, but does TO really wanna come to Miami? I think that would be alright if he were cheap enough. Not resigning Boston, moving Booker to #3 and CC to #2 would be kinda nice. Nothin against CC tho. But seriously I'd only wanna sign TO 1 year at a time, cause who knows what he'll do to piss you off. He's high risk high reward, great WR, but he's not very coopertive, but if Saban made him cry I bet he'd straighten up :lol:

**** it, realistically he's not even worth it.
Im English and we pronounce it zed. ;) Sorry to add that but Canada is Commonwealth so thats probably why they pronounce it that way.
Regarding TO. Would Chambers want to be a No2 WR after the season he has just had? Granted it wasnt stella but it was good. TO on a 1yr deal would be ideal but in my eyes the guy would want big bucks and a longer contract. Im not sold on him anyway purely of the damage he has left in his wake. Dont want that happening to our team.

Back
Top Bottom