Merged: Terrell Owens | Page 94 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Terrell Owens

T.O. is only good for a team who makes him the star

T.O is a great player who can change a game singlehandedly but he will only complain about how he never gets the ball. Our current QB's do not have the ability to get him the ball downfield or enough. If he thought that McNabb was not good enough for him what would he say about Guss? He may say that he will be a team player but is that even possible for him.

If the Dolphins trade for T.O. they better get a great QB to throw to him or it will never workout.:evil::dolphins::dolphins::evil:

If Saban decides to get him, it wont be just for the hell of it. He will know how to use him and get him the ball. Our coach is a mastermind in the making......remember.

finnyfan4life said:
If Saban decides to get him, it wont be just for the hell of it. He will know how to use him and get him the ball. Our coach is a mastermind in the making......remember.

I think Saban is a great coach but he does not throw the ball to the WR's.:evil::dolphins::evil::dolphins:

mattgilm said:
T.O is a great player who can change a game singlehandedly but he will only complain about how he never gets the ball. Our current QB's do not have the ability to get him the ball downfield or enough. If he thought that McNabb was not good enough for him what would he say about Guss? He may say that he will be a team player but is that even possible for him.

If the Dolphins trade for T.O. they better get a great QB to throw to him or it will never workout.:evil::dolphins::dolphins::evil:

This has only been discussed 2,000 times in 100 other TO threads. He aint coming to Miami.

If Gus can get the ball to Chambers, then im sure he can get it to TO. TO is way better at going up and getting the ball.

finnyfan4life said:
If Gus can get the ball to Chambers, then im sure he can get it to TO. TO is way better at going up and getting the ball.

That is a great point, but not the point of the thread. I don't think anyone doubts his ability, it's his menality that is in question.

Im startin to think that not even Payton Manning is a good enough QB for Owens lol

But honestly I dont think Gus will be that big of a problem getting Owens the ball......he's got a great deep bomb.

Ok....

To isn't a bad person. Yes, he has a big mouth, but usually, it's his agents that get him in trouble. Drew Rosenhaus filled his head with all sorts of guff and lies (when they were on the Eagles). TO did apologize. It was mainly Rosenhaus's fault. So, if Owens gets a good agent, I feel he will be decent on this team. He will open up spots for Frerotte to throw too.

Hey, you never know.....

:dolphins:

silverloop13 said:
They got there padding their record against powder puff teams like Dallas, Wash, and NY. and lost to TB in the playoffs. Granted all those teams are far better now than they were then but they play in a weak NFC. If they were an AFC team they would have never made to the NFC championship game.

DO you really think they will beat out any 3 of those teams next year?

What? Philly did not lose in the playoffs in 2004. They went to the Super Bowl. You're referring to the 2002 season. That was 3 years ago.

the previous poster was referring to the fact that the Eagles won all of the games necessary to get into the Super Bowl without TO.

and the TB team they lost to in 2002 went on to win the Super Bowl so I don't see how that's really a "knock".

Grumpy said:
No, No, No, the last thing the Dolphins need is TO. He is team poison, a cancer that will destroy the teams chemistry.

There isn't a bigger ME ME guy in football.

Not necessarily. If TO can get a good agent and negotiate with Nick Saban (who needs patience), then TO will be fine.

Dolphinsin2006 said:
you guys are crazy if yuo dont want TO..you got to take chances man!!

It's no longer "taking a chance" when the same thing has happened on two franchises. It's being wise.

I believed in "taking a chance" on Owens when he was leaving the 49ers, even though we had little to no ability to sign him.

But when somebody pulls the same garbage, or even worse in two different cities (and to get to this different city, he had to throw a temper tantrum so he wouldn't have to play for Baltimore), forget it.

There are far more pressing need positions other than WR right now for Miami. It won't really matter if Miami scores 30 points per game if their secondary surrenders 33.

Orange_Dolphins said:
Ok....

To isn't a bad person. Yes, he has a big mouth, but usually, it's his agents that get him in trouble. Drew Rosenhaus filled his head with all sorts of guff and lies (when they were on the Eagles). TO did apologize. It was mainly Rosenhaus's fault. So, if Owens gets a good agent, I feel he will be decent on this team. He will open up spots for Frerotte to throw too.

Hey, you never know.....

:dolphins:

Drew didn't help matters, but to say none of it is T.O.'s fault is ludicrous. After all, he's the one that chose to SIGN with that agent.

vt_dolfan said:
Im not so quick to say, "Hell No..TO" First and foremost, he would be the most physically talented receiver the Miami Dolphins have ever had. And, we would get him considerably less expensive than one could ever get a player at his caliber.

The real question is whether or not you trust in Saban to make the correct decision, and without pause I say yes. I believe Saban is an extremely good judge of character, and whether or not he himself can handle a player like TO.

I also think the team would respect Saban's decision, as Saban would make it with the teams input in mind.

I think for the first year or two of a TO contract, we would get a contrite TO, more because has probably learned his lesson that he stands to lose a tremendous amount financially if he strays. I also think the peer pressure of Zach and Jason would be great for TO.

To simply dismiss the idea of getting a player like TO is a brash and stupid business decision as well as football decision. If Saban and the team say so..."Im all thumbs up for TO"

Well said.

Andy Reid isn't exactly a slouch as a coach, and he couldn't "change" T.O. I know you are all in your honeymoon with Saban (as am I), but realize that Andy is an experienced and successful coach and he lost the battle.

Mariucci losing the battle was no surprise as he was always soft on his players. But when a guy like Reid who seemed to have a good thing going in Philly lost, I knew something was up.

There becomes a time when you can't just use the "he just needs a good coach" guise and realize that he'll probably wind up on a desperate team that REALLY needs a WR.

Miami's WR core is not exactly "elite", but I don't like the idea of him being added to the fold. Chemistry is huge in football. Many other american team sports don't rely on chemistry nearly as much.

anybody comparing this to the Ricky scenario is missing the point. Ricky Williams wasn't a locker room cancer who disrupted the team--he was an isolated individual who made a poor decision on the eve of training camp. But when he was on the field, he always did what he was supposed to.

T.O. will be a perfectly behaved Barbie doll his first year, and ruin 2007.

Back
Top Bottom