Merged: Texans sign MARIO WILLIAMS | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Texans sign MARIO WILLIAMS

are you joking me:eek: great now we will have to deal with bush for a good ten years because you know the jets are going to jump all over this

nick1 said:
good choice by the Texans, they automatically impove their D. Williams is going to be the best DE in the NFL. they didn't really need a RB so I think it's a good move by them. now I see the Jets trading up to #2 and drafting Bush. than Leinart going to the Titans and Ferguson going to NO at #4

this really puts N.O. in an enviable position: choosing between a gamebreaking rb and an o-line anchor for the next ten years.

dorsaroll156 said:
are you joking me:eek: great now we will have to deal with bush for a good ten years because you know the jets are going to jump all over this

i cant wait to see all the idiot jets fans boo the hell out of reggie bush when tags announces the pick.

now, IF the Jets were to actually trade and select Bush..think New York fans would still Boo their draft selection? :D hey..don't doubt it..they ARE Jets fans

Untouchable said:
i cant wait to see all the idiot jets fans boo the hell out of reggie bush when tags announces the pick.

Damnit! You beat me to it!!

I don't think NO will pass up on Bush unless some teams give them the cows and the farm.Bush would help out brees alot and make the passing game easier for him..Just my opinion.I rather they get him than the jets..

bush is probably more dangerous catching the ball, either out of the backfield or lined up wide. he'd take a huge load off of pennington's or ramsey's shoulders

How about New Orleans trades the 2nd pick to Green Bay for the 5th pick and Javon Walker? Would that be a realistic trade?

The Texans once again show why they are the laughing stock of the NFL. Mario Williams may turn out to be great but he better turn out to be Bruce Smith or Reggie White if they're taking him 1st overall. I don't think defensive end is much of a difference maker when it comes down to wins and loses. Atleast the Texans have assured themselves that they'll be competing for Quinn next year.

Reggie v. Super Mario

Where does this hyperbole about Reggie Bush being a "once in a decade", or worse still "once in a lifetime" player, come from? The guy carried the ball more than twenty times only twice in his career at USC. If he is a once in a decade type of player, what was Willis McGahee before he injured his knee in the Fiesta Bowl? Once in a century? The ugly truth is that as a prospect, Bush isn't appreciably better then at least a half dozen guys in the last five-years. He certainly isn't a Tomlinson-type. Tomlinson is thick, with a low center of gravity, with that Barry Sanders-style of pinball running, bouncing off of defenders. Reggie Bush is a long-strider. He's lanky, with no body mass to speak of. He's like Robert Smith coming out of Ohio State, without Robert Smith's bona fides as a between-the-tackles runner. Mario Williams on the other hand is a freakish specimen at the most difficult position to fill (there are more franchise quarterbacks in the NFL then franchise DEs.) He's big, at a position where the outstanding rush ends are typically smaller. Few people remember that in so many of Reggie Bush's big games, his performance was one, or two long runs, often punctuated by a heavy dose of LenDale White up the middle. When Reggie Bush had 10-ypc in the defense deficient Pac-10, White would often have 7.5 ypc, and the touchdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like LenDale White ends up with the Steelers and he has a much better career then Bush.

I'm surprised everyone is so upset. So what if Bush goes to the jests, did everyone forget who there oline coach is......Tony Wise!!! I actually think there line will be worse then the Texans and that is saying alot. Just chill. The jests will get schooled like they always do.

tucker said:
stupid texans..lol...you just dont pass up someone like bush...hell, i'd take furgason before williams

The Texans are ******ed! If bush turns out to be the next Marshall Faulk than they just screwed themselves royally.

PhinFan0202 said:
The Texans are ******ed! If bush turns out to be the next Marshall Faulk than they just screwed themselves royally.

Unless Williams turns into the next Reggie White...in that case I take Williams everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Re:

PhinFan0202 said:
And if Mario Williams is the next Bruce Smith, and Bush the next Eric Metcalf, or if he's very fortunate, the next Joe Washington? I'll ask this question again. What makes Reggie Bush worthy of the superlatives he's been lavished with? He was almost like a change-of-pace guy at USC. LenDale White did the heavy lifting, Bush got flaired off to the side and used his superior speed to beat defenders to the edge, something he will not be able to make a living at in the NFL. Reggie Bush was never, ever asked to be "the man" at USC, Pete Carroll never said you're getting the ball 25-times because this team needs you to carry them on your back. Can he run between the tackles? Can he carry the ball 20-25 times a game? Can he block? Can he be productive on a team without a superior supporting cast? There is no answer to any one of these questions because he's never been tested. How in the world can anyone say this guy is a sure-fire superstar when his game at the college level was essentially running to the edge on every play, or catching balls out of the slot?

Back
Top Bottom