Merged: The Dolphins Attended Players Workouts Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Dolphins Attended Players Workouts Thread

The guy is dynamic. The more I read the more I want Miami to draft him. Its similiar to Davone Bess being my guy last year, I was so happy when we picked im up as UDFA. The guy last year played as QB,RB,WR,TE and PR. He has good height and weight. The guy could come in as a TE, but he could be used in a lot of different ways. He could be your third QB or emergency so there is no need to carry three QBs. He could move outside to WR on some packages. Being he was gonna be a QB this year for Rice he can be used in the Wildcat and he lined up in various occasions at the Wildcat in Rice. This guy could be the total package and seems like a great fit for Miami.

I'd be happy if we picked Nicks but I'm going to bet this is a smokescreen. You might see us pick up Foster though.

Didn't Nicks measure 6'1 at the combine?

The team asked Henne if he wanted to join their crew for the trip, and he agreed. During the trip, the Dolphins will work out more than six receiving prospects in several cities.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/972613.html

BTW guys Miami is also scheduled to meet with six other recievers. All I', saying is don't get to excited they could just be doing their degligence. The part I like about the article from the PBP is that they met with wide receiver Brooks Foster, tight end Richard Quinn and safety Trimane Goddard as well. Miami has been scouting the safety position and I think given Bell's injury history and the fact that Courtney Bryan sucks it a great idea. I will not mind seeing us draft a safety in the later rounds.

Anyone who has any doubts that they move Carey to OG only need to take a look at the Leonard Davis story.

Drafted in the 1sr round and considered an underperformer for years in AZ playing OT, the Trifecta saw him for what he could be, a probowl OG.

So Dallas pays Davis a ton of money and all of us in AZ are thinking they are crazy because he is bust. Wrong, Davis makes the probowl his 1st year as a OG.

I'm not at all saying it is sure thing, but they have a done a similiar thing before and besides, what is worth more; an allpro gaurd or a mediocre tackle.

Carey was 1st round pick and he has never been to a probowl or been considered top tier. His market value in FA this year was sky high because all the other guys out were old or injured. Guys like Stacy Andrews and Runyon and Tra Thomas.

I would love to see Carey moved to OG.

There are some great RT prospects in this draft and if Orlando Pace could stay healthy for a year he might come at a bargain this late. When healthy he is still a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes to win the big ones you have to roll the dice a little.

I really hope it is Foster that they really went to see, or that it is just a smokescreen.

Nicks getting an 11 on the wonderlic combined with his you tube interview just scares the petuties out of me.

Please no!!

Look, I'm not saying they are not doing their due diligence, but last week they supposedly spent an hour talking to Maybin after his workout, they are supposedly interested in Percy I think they are turning over every rock because they have no idea who will be there at #25, and I think partially they let the stories they want to get out.
I would be disappointed if it was Nicks in round #1. He was a #2 in college until Tate got hurt, the last couple of games of the season (not the bowl game) he was held in check, the 11 on the wonderlic. He reminds me of Freddie Mitchell, who was a first round pick, around #25 if I am not mistaken.

Anyone who has any doubts that they move Carey to OG only need to take a look at the Leonard Davis story.

Drafted in the 1sr round and considered an underperformer for years in AZ playing OT, the Trifecta saw him for what he could be, a probowl OG.

So Dallas pays Davis a ton of money and all of us in AZ are thinking they are crazy because he is bust. Wrong, Davis makes the probowl his 1st year as a OG.

I'm not at all saying it is sure thing, but they have a done a similiar thing before and besides, what is worth more; an allpro gaurd or a mediocre tackle.

Carey was 1st round pick and he has never been to a probowl or been considered top tier. His market value in FA this year was sky high because all the other guys out were old or injured. Guys like Stacy Andrews and Runyon and Tra Thomas.

I would love to see Carey moved to OG.

There are some great RT prospects in this draft and if Orlando Pace could stay healthy for a year he might come at a bargain this late. When healthy he is still a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes to win the big ones you have to roll the dice a little.

Good points. Carey could be a beast at G, and maybe Donald Thomas isn't ready- he doesn't have much football experience at all. If Britton is that good they'll have to consider it. I can also understand the argument that Carey should stay at RT and Britton would be overkill, but thank God that we are finally fixing the OL, it's about time. I still see WR or CB in rd 1, but the good thing is that the current management knows what they're doing- within reason I'll be happy with whoever we take, because I have faith that it will be a good choice. Far cry from previous years and regimes, so I'm kind of enjoying this peaceful feeling.

Carey wouldn't play RG.
He's playing RT, that's why he's the highest paid RT in the league.
Even if he did play guard, he'd play LG next to Jake. Carey would be paid like a LG, and he'd probably even be better than Smiley at LG.

Not gonna happen. No way we draft Britton.

I'm sure this is for looksee's, Britton COULD fall to our 2a pick. If he's there, should'nt we add that 1st round Talent to our roster, even in a backup role? I'd be okay with that, his contract wouldn't be that much to have an excellent backup Tackle

No way he's a phin, WAS, SD, CHI, TB, PHI, DET, SF, BUF, NE, PIT all could use him before our 2a pick.

It could be that the front office just wants the best available player at 25 regardless of position, so they're doing their homework.

What message? Philly drafts before us, they have the upper hand.

I have a theory that there is something going on between Miami and Philly and that a draft day trade in which they switch round 1 spots is quite possible and where both teams come out of the deal quite happy.

Nice post. Very intriguing prospect. Maybe we can grab him at the top of the forth.
:thanks:

I'm hoping they're looking at Brandon Tate.

I would love to have this guy. You have 2 stud TEs in the NFL and you have incredible balance.

Back
Top Bottom