Merged: The John Beck Value Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The John Beck Value Thread

What is John Beck's trade value?

• 1st rounder

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 4th rounder

Votes: 54 19.8%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Kudos, FriendEbozzz!
You correctly stated the issue & framed the situation within a few words:
What a difference a year can make, right?

absolutely right

Kudos, FriendEbozzz!
You correctly stated the issue & framed the situation within a few words:
What a difference a year can make, right?

absolutely right

Thank you! I get so sick of reading all of the player bashing on the boards. Beck's future may not be with the Dolphins but as long as he is on the team, I wish him success. As long as he can continue to improve, he can help this team. That help may come through a trade, providing competition or through stepping in if, God forbid, one of our other QBs go down with an injury.

So was Henne, you have no idea what the coaches are thinking and why. You don't know if Beck would have started last year had we not signed Pennington. You have no idea if Henne would have started strong and then ended playing poorly, or If Beck would have started and played well, you don't know cause, A) You're not on the coaching staff and B) You don't have a crystal ball. None of us know what the furtre holds for Beck, Henne or Pennington. We all just have to wait and see.

Probably some truth... but only Henne was active all 16 games so whether you like or not it means something...

the thread is is repeating itself

has the well run dry?
I think so...

there is no QB controversy @ the present moment. it is a non-issue.
we are in excellent shape with our current stable; the Franchise is developing, development takes work, organization & time

Competition-The Elixir Of Success! Let them compete!

For all those so sure they have a clue what the coaching staff and FO think of the QB's on this roster,

Sparano admits the Fins signed Chad Pennington because Henne didn't separate himself from John Beck or Josh McCown in camp, but clearly Miami has confidence in last year's second-round pick. Henne's "redshirt" year should benefit him and it'd be no surprise if he starts by midseason in 2009.

Link to the quote: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=MIA

For all those so sure they have a clue what the coaching staff and FO think of the QB's on this roster,

Link to the quote: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=MIA

I would say Henne didn't disapoint..., he wasn't supposed to be the starter and if I am shopping Beck I ain't doing anything but talking him up I mean seriously is Sparano supposed to throw him under the bus...

We'll see..., we'll see...

The players they'll share their truest thoughts on another player so we'll see...

Beck was inactive... Henne wasn't you don't have to argue that

let the two #2's compete & develop under Pennington
way too much parity as QB's between them to make assumptions
want a band wagon ? jump on the Miami Dolphin QB Stable band wagon. might be the best stable in the NFL, considering all three QB's. We're set. All we need is time to allow the cream to rise to the top of the bottle. Just like with milk, they will separate & one will rise in due time.

I would say Henne didn't disapoint..., he wasn't supposed to be the starter and if I am shopping Beck I ain't doing anything but talking him up I mean seriously is Sparano supposed to throw him under the bus...

We'll see..., we'll see...

The players they'll share their truest thoughts on another player so we'll see...

Beck was inactive... Henne wasn't you don't have to argue that

Really? You mean like Beck wasn't supposed to be a starter in 07? The more you speak the more you make your bias obvious. In 07 Beck wasn't supposed to start either, infact he wasn't even supposed to take a snap in 07, but after the team started 0-10 Beck was thrown in to the huge cluster **** that was the 07 Dolphins. He was thrown into one of the worst situation ever in the NFL, but you Beck experts think that shouldn't have anything to do with Beck's success in the only five games he's played at this level. Funny how excuses are valid for some players and not others.

Really? You mean like Beck wasn't supposed to be a starter in 07? The more you speak the more you make your bias obvious. In 07 Beck wasn't supposed to start either, infact he wasn't even supposed to take a snap in 07, but after the team started 0-10 Beck was thrown in to the huge cluster **** that was the 07 Dolphins. He was thrown into one of the worst situation ever in the NFL, but you Beck experts think that shouldn't have anything to do with Beck's success in the only five games he's played at this level. Funny how excuses are valid for some players and not others.

I think you put a lot of words in my mouth...; Henne was/is the choice... Beck got a fresh chance he had to put 07 behind him sorry you haven't...

I would say you are living in 07 and Henne was drafted to compete in 08..., no one will think less of you when you change your avatar...

I think you put a lot of words in my mouth...; Henne was/is the choice... Beck got a fresh chance he had to put 07 behind him sorry you haven't...

I would say you are living in 07 and Henne was drafted to compete in 08..., no one will think less of you when you change your avatar...

Beck did get a fresh start and as you can read didn't win or lose to Henne. Considering Beck wasn't drafted by this coaching staff and Henne was, that's pretty significant. I think it's funny how you say I'm living in 07 when the Beck haters are the ones basing their opinions on Beck 's future, using 07 stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody expected much from a rookie in a dire situation except to hold onto the ball and not fumble snaps, to be able to take a drop without tripping and to throw the ball downfield with some velocity, all of which didn't really happen. Beck had 10 games to get some confidence and looked lost, Henne had five games and looked like a future star for us.

Beck then had a full offseason and 2nd training camp and still couldn't finish ahead of a rookie. Let us know what leads you to believe that Beck has a shot at doing anything in this league.

Cleo Lemon was able to lead the same offense you claim to be the worst situation ever for Beck and Cleo is not a very good QB. I guess that excuse only works for Beck but nobody else talk about an invalid excuse!!!

Let's all jump on th QB Stable Band Wagon.
What is important is that we wind up with a Franchise QB. Without one the SuperBowl is an unattainable dream. Doesn't matter who will emerge. It matters that the best man will emerge. And we are, in all fairness, @ least a year. maybe two from making that final determination.

Let them compete.
Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

Back
Top Bottom