Merged: The John Beck Value Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The John Beck Value Thread

What is John Beck's trade value?

• 1st rounder

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 4th rounder

Votes: 54 19.8%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
You really have an issue with age, how old was Kurt Warner while playing in his 3rd SB this year? QB's have long careers, longer than any other position. Becks age is not a reason to think others won't want him. You wll try anything to knock Becks value down.

Age is factor. Do you remember what Warner got traded for, yea not much. So when and if he gets traded for a 5th or a sixth or who knows what will you change your tune lol.

Age is factor. Do you remember what Warner got traded for, yea not much. So when and if he gets traded for a 5th or a sixth or who knows what will you change your tune lol.

Age is a factor for Favre and Warner not Beck. The only way I change my tune with Beck is if he gets to play in 30 or 40 more games and proves he can't play in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beck may very well not be cut out to play QB in the NFL or maybe he goes on and has a great career. None of us have a crystal ball to see into the futre.

Do you really need a crystal ball in order to get a picture of what Becks' near future will likely hold for him?? He's not making any impact here as of yet, so where is he heading with his career as an NFL QB??...

After using a 2nd round pick in order to draft him in 2007, would you say his stock is rising or falling?? It might not be crystal, but it's pretty clear to me...

how are these non expert, never coached an NFL game in their lives, never had a look at one roll of game film, practice film and never spoke with Beck himself, Beck haters supposed to know?

Some of us just have the power, it's not the same for everyone...:err:

They couldn't, yet they speak as if anyone would give a damn what their opinion of Becks ability is.

You've certainly made it clear that you don't give a damn....:rolleyes2:

They act as if it's a sin not agree with their very short sighted opinions.

Maybe I am being a little short sighted, but I don't think that matters anymore. Beck will sink or swim, period. Personally, I don't think he's got the goods...

Here's what we get from these Beck haters "Oh Beck sucks, cause I know" yeah that's incredably compeling!

I can't help it if I have strong premonitions towards Beck. It's not about hate, how can I hate someone I don't even know as a person?? That's just not the way I am. You want the truth? I hope Beck proves me wrong, and I wish him the best of luck in doing so....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Age is a factor for Favre and Warner not Beck. The only way I change my tune with Beck is if he gets to play in 30 or 40 more games and proves he can't play in the NFL.

You really think it takes that many games to prove he can't play.

How is Warner even compare to Beck, he set records in the Arena league then ate up NFL Europe before getting his shot in ST.Louis on a horrible team in his first year which he never saw the field.

Beck can certainly use a second chance but it won't come here unless something tragic happens to the two Chads.

If the FO was offered anything for a 3rd string QB they would not hesitate to take it. No team that is grooming a young QB would turn down a trade offer for their 3rd string QB. Can you even name 3 or 4 3rd string QB's around the league, not easy is it. Beck is still on the team because there's no point in cutting him yet!

So he has to play in 30 games for you to change your tune. So the liklihood is 10 years from now you will still be saying Beck never got his chance. good luck on that.

So he has to play in 30 games for you to change your tune. So the liklihood is 10 years from now you will still be saying Beck never got his chance. good luck on that.

Why is i you can't grasp any sort of concept about what Beck had to not only work with in his five starts, but who his coaching staff was, who the teams were he played, where those games were played the weather conditions of those games, all of which plays a big roll in success or failure especially for Rookies. Everytime someone like yourself concludes anything about Beck you act as if none of that has any relevance at all on his success or failure. He was a rookie on a team that won ONNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That team didn't lose 15 games because Beck was just an awful QB, the team had massive numbers of injuries to key players and they traded Chambers the best WR we had at the time before Beck even took a snap in live action. You ignore every fact that revolves around the situation Beck was forced into because all that matters to you is you don't like the guy.

Deal with the reality of Becks situation before you give out grades, to this point you refuse to accept the situation, till you do, you'll never ever have a grasp on what the guy can or can't do.

Why don't you look at Chad Pennington against the Ravens in the playoffs last year? Chad was startiung a game for a team that won 11 games...NOT 1 game!! Chad had years of experince at starting and winning NFL games, What happened to Chad during that game? I'll tell you what happened, he stunk! Now that was a QB with what....8 seasons of NFL experience as a starter...on a team that went 11-5? Now why is it that can happen to a QB that has played very well in this league as a starter??

To listen to the Beck haters, Beck is the only damn QB on the planet that's NEVER EVER supposed to play badly under any circustances, Rookie, starter, playoffs, regular season, SB, no matter. Beck is supposed to be a lights out QB every time he touches the ball, or he sucks. That's the most ignorant philosophy I've ever heard of. You are trying to conclude a QB can or can't play in this league based on 5 games as a rookie on a 1-15 team, I can't understand for the life of me why you can't grasp the reality of that situation.

Hey FTP, I guess you chose to ignore my question a few pages back. Ya, I probably would if I was you too. You said Miles Austin had a low value based on his lack of playing time and production, which is EXACTLY what people are saying about Beck in this thread, and yet you argue the point. Youre a broken record. I would at least have some respect for you if you would answer direct questions when they are asked of you, but of course you cant because your only argument for Beck is the " 5 games thing." Youre weak.

The whole point of this thread was to weigh in on John Becks value now. His value is obviously extremely low, regardless of the reasons/excuses. You say you could care less about the guy, yet you argue to the death on his behalf. Are you honestly unaware how many times you contradict yourself? I take it you arent. BTW, I was meaning to ask you, have you ever seen Cameron Wake play football outside of YouTube highlights?

First I was a Beck Fan. I was rooting for him to pull through the turmoil.

I agree that its highly unfair that he is being judged by his few games in the bad situtation he was thrown into. But unfortunately that in the NFL your only as good as your higlight reel and worse your only valued as your most current Higlight Reel. This is the way he will be judged until he proves otherwise.

His biggest problem wasnt his Talent, it was his confidence. He had no confidence under center and did not show that he could lead an offense. Again, it was horrible circumstances but thats the way the NFL works. He just didnt show that he had the "it" factor that you look for from a starter in any position but even more from the QB postion. You saw the difference between Him at QB as a rookie and Henne as QB his rookie year.

Does he have value? Ya, of course. Anyone with a slimer of QB talent has some type of value in this league, with the amount of injuries. All teams love trading or picking up players like Beck. You can pick someone up like this cheap and hope the "change of scenery" as people love to say will spark that player to play to the potential that they at one point displayed, be it in the NFL or College.

He will definately get a shot somewhere, whether here or another team he will be somebodies number 2 or 3. And from there he is just 1 or 2 injuries away from having the chance to silence the doubters.
Chubbs

Beck was thrown to the wolves in our most horrific season of the Franchise.
See how he fairs in the 2009 training camp & PreSeason. I repeat: I see very little difference in talent or potential between the competing #2's. We have our starter. Let the other two develop & compete. Neither is ready to assume the Franchise.

Beck was thrown to the wolves in our most horrific season of the Franchise.
See how he fairs in the 2009 training camp & PreSeason. I repeat: I see very little difference in talent or potential between the competing #2's. We have our starter. Let the other two develop & compete. Neither is ready to assume the Franchise.

I think the potential between Henne and Beck is very close, specially learning from Penny. But I do see Henne as a better talent value then I do Beck.

Apples to Apples.
I think Henne was more talented before even taking an NFL snap then Beck was at that same point.

Preseason as well.
Chubbs

FriendChubby:
You're very post is an affirmation of what I have consistently said throughout the coming of the NewRegime: It's horse race. Why not hedge our bet? There is no ManOfWar in this field of thunder. Henne is obviously the sentimental favorite, but only a real race will determine the better horse. We have time & the situation is right to determine who will assume the Franchise. Let them grow & compete. We will have a better barometer to judge the stable in 2009.
Competition-The Elixir Of Success!
02/20/09 Sparano w/quoted: ''There's competition at every one of our positions right now...''

Hey FTP, I guess you chose to ignore my question a few pages back. Ya, I probably would if I was you too. You said Miles Austin had a low value based on his lack of playing time and production, which is EXACTLY what people are saying about Beck in this thread, and yet you argue the point. Youre a broken record. I would at least have some respect for you if you would answer direct questions when they are asked of you, but of course you cant because your only argument for Beck is the " 5 games thing." Youre weak.

The whole point of this thread was to weigh in on John Becks value now. His value is obviously extremely low, regardless of the reasons/excuses. You say you could care less about the guy, yet you argue to the death on his behalf. Are you honestly unaware how many times you contradict yourself? I take it you arent. BTW, I was meaning to ask you, have you ever seen Cameron Wake play football outside of YouTube highlights?

I answered your question, but I'll answer it again. Beck has played in 5 games as a Pro, Austin has played in 37 games. Beck's 5 games were on a team with a 1-15 record, Austins games were on a team that could win 13 games a season. Austin was in a much, much better situation in Dallas. He had players like Terrell Owens, Marion Barber, Jason Whitten and not to mention Tony Romo to help that team, who did Beck have?

Back
Top Bottom