Merged: The John Beck Value Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The John Beck Value Thread

What is John Beck's trade value?

• 1st rounder

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 4th rounder

Votes: 54 19.8%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Same goes for Brock Berlin..., and how's about Dave Dickinson..., they really weren't given a fair shot shuold they be around still...?

I don't know about them, I'm sure if they were good enough they'd still be on a roster.

im sure we can get bobby carpenter for him. i think dallas will let him go anyway

Most of us would love to trade beck for a 4th or 5th rounder.. But if we're offered 6th and 7th rounders, then i think we should keep him, because i think he's a hell of alot better than the 07 team.

I dont think any teams will trade for Beck before or during the Draft. I think Beck will play his best ball this comming preseason. That is when we will trade him to another team, who may have an injured QB or have just dicovered all of their QB's are garbage...

John Beck has value, and with the poor crop of QB's in the draft and in Free Agency, i think Beck can compete for a starting job somewhere.

Beck won't ever get the nod over Henne in Miami.

All the teams that wanted Beck in that 07 draft, might still be interested. He's still raw in terms of experience, but i dont think Beck will ever let that happen again.. Watching and learning from Pennington has made him a smarter QB, and he should have better study habits because of it.

Remember when we were lowballed with Taylor with 3rd rounders... We waited until camp when someone got desparate and they offered higher value.

The Beck trade will happen in the same manner, I assume we're asking for a late third-4th round pick.. Maybe we take a 5th, i'd be okay with that since I'm confident Ireland will grab a solid player with that 5th rounder.

Anyway, how can we maximize Beck's value... We gotta hype him up a little bit..

What if he just happens to light up training camp, play as good as Pennington, and suprisingly much better than Henne.. What will become of Beck then?

Oh the potential often wasted...

He didnt show in during the 08 training camp, and definately didnt show it during the 08 preseason...

Unfortunately he has no potential, so the only wasted was our 2007 2nd rounder

Well than why don't you use Blitz's logic and dump players Like Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Eli Manning or Doug Williams who all played like crap early in their careers before they went on in later years to win SB's?

That's not my logic. My logic is to allow every individual player to prove himself. That's it, I don't judge anyone until I feel they deserve it, and as of today, Beck deserves to be on the hot seat....

Beck has had his fair share of chances, and thus far he's failed. He went through an entire off-season to correct his throwing motion, threw something like 6,000 passes in the process, and look where it took him....

What about Terry Bradshaw? How was the start of his career? Do you eve know? What about John Elway? Think he was a superstar form his first few games in the NFL?

Using legendary QB's, {who took a couple of years to blossom} as an excuse / reasoning for Becks' current inefficiencies doesn't make any sense to me. I wouldn't even consider mentioning those kinds of QB's along with J. Beck. It would be considered a sacrilege in my book...

I mean since every great player in the history of the NFL played great football from their first snap to their last we can easily tell who will succed and who will fail based on their early success or failures, RIGHT? WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beck has been trying to crack the starting line-up for two years now, and just to let you know, he's not going to be starting for the Phinz in 09' either. It's not because I don't like him, it's because he's not talented enough to start for this team, or any other team for that matter....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

If the organization is truly comfortable in Chad Henne as the successor to Chad Pennington (which it appears they are) then there is no point in keeping Beck on the team if he can garner you a draft pick. Take what you can get and if he turns out good somewhere else, oh well, in that case hopefully Henne matches him.

Good call. Trying to spin Beck off as the next Manning, Aikman, Young, Bradshaw, or Elway does seem extremely foolish / waste of time...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

and given the situation he was put into as a rookie starter, writing him off as a complete bust is just as foolish. People have been wanting Beck out the door since his first game, on the road, against the terrorizing Eagles defense. So what Beck has done since then is really irrelevant, because many of these clueless fans never desired to give the guy a chance and will do the same thing to Chad Henne the second he slips up.

I too am ready to move on from John Beck, not because i think he is or isn't a bust, but because this organization put it's faith in Chad Henne from day one and i'm with those guys.....

Oh, no....another one of those "AFLAC" commercials??? :crazy:

and given the situation he was put into as a rookie starter, writing him off as a complete bust is just as foolish. People have been wanting Beck out the door since his first game, on the road, against the terrorizing Eagles defense. So what Beck has done since then is really irrelevant, because many of these clueless fans never desired to give the guy a chance and will do the same thing to Chad Henne the second he slips up.

I too am ready to move on from John Beck, not because i think he is or isn't a bust, but because this organization put it's faith in Chad Henne from day one and i'm with those guys.....

You mean you too can make it through the day without making Beck the focal point of everything that sucks in your life, becuase he didn't throw for 5000 yards, 400 TD's and 0 int's in his first five games?

You mean you too can make it through the day without making Beck the focal point of everything that sucks in your life, becuase he didn't throw for 5000 yards, 400 TD's and 0 int's in his first five games?

I think the concern with Beck is that through all the evaluation in the off-season from Parcells and Ireland, his stock slid even more. I'm sure partially it's because he's a "Cam Cameron guy" and they just had no interest in letting one of his guys be the primary QB for this team when they felt they could bring in their own people as a better option.

But we as fans didn't get to see that evaluation, so we're simply evaluating a rookie QB's performance in starts against two of the best defenses in football on the road in bad weather. The off-season evaluation done by Sparano/Parcells/Ireland was fair for Beck, he had a chance to prove his worth and they chose to go another direction (even if that was the plan all along). But labeling Beck a bust just because he didn't light the world on fire in such a tough situation is just silly.

I think the concern with Beck is that through all the evaluation in the off-season from Parcells and Ireland, his stock slid even more. I'm sure partially it's because he's a "Cam Cameron guy" and they just had no interest in letting one of his guys be the primary QB for this team when they felt they could bring in their own people as a better option.

But we as fans didn't get to see that evaluation, so we're simply evaluating a rookie QB's performance in starts against two of the best defenses in football on the road in bad weather. The off-season evaluation done by Sparano/Parcells/Ireland was fair for Beck, he had a chance to prove his worth and they chose to go another direction (even if that was the plan all along). But labeling Beck a bust just because he didn't light the world on fire in such a tough situation is just silly.

Beck may very well not be cut out to play QB in the NFL or maybe he goes on and has a great career. None of us have a crystal ball to see into the futre. The difference in those that hate Beck regardless of the circustances he played under and those that know the circumstances Beck played under in such a limited number of games is that NO ONE..... not one signle coach, GM or scout can determine a players ability on such a small amount of tape to watch.

If the experts can't determine Becks ability on so little how are these non expert, never coached an NFL game in their lives, never had a look at one roll of game film, practice film and never spoke with Beck himself, Beck haters supposed to know? They couldn't, yet they speak as if anyone would give a damn what their opinion of Becks ability is. They act as if it's a sin not agree with their very short sighted opinions. Here's what we get from these Beck haters "Oh Beck sucks, cause I know" yeah that's incredably compeling!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Trifecta has any intention or plan to trade Beck.
Pennington is the starter & the #2's will continue to develop & compete.
Neither Henne nor Beck have claimed the Franchise QB spot. They are simply two developmental projects & although Henne holds the high ground today, that could change in a preseason training camp, followed by post season play.
No one has anointed him as the next Dan Marino. Don't think the NewRegime is in any hurry to pull the trigger on Beck because there really isn't much difference between the two & we have a starting QB.
Last really bad decsion we made on a QB (he went to New orleans) should teach us something about appearances & potential.
We are in a great situation with the stable we sport. Competition-The Elixir Of Success! Let them compete.

I don't think the Trifecta has any intention or plan to trade Beck.
Pennington is the starter & the #2's will continue to develop & compete.
Neither Henne nor Beck have claimed the Franchise QB spot. They are simply two developmental projects & although Henne holds the high ground today, that could change in a preseason training camp, followed by post season play.
No one has anointed him as the next Dan Marino. Don't think the NewRegime is in any hurry to pull the trigger on Beck because there really isn't much difference between the two & we have a starting QB.
Last really bad decsion we made on a QB (he went to New orleans) should teach us something about appearances & potential.
We are in a great situation with the stable we sport. Competition-The Elixir Of Success! Let them compete.

Good post, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom