Merged: The John Beck Value Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The John Beck Value Thread

What is John Beck's trade value?

• 1st rounder

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 4th rounder

Votes: 54 19.8%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, and I have a nice bridge for sale if you're interested.... :chuckle:

It's not a good opinion because it's not the same as your's??... What makes it bad?? I think it's a pretty accurate opinion, and it's mainly based on the lack of production that Beck has displayed in the two years he's been here...

He's already been beaten out by everyone on the depth chart since being drafted, {an old beat-up T. Green, and a rookie in C. Henne}. So tell me again why he's going to be worth something?...

He's got zero starting experience, and he's already 4-5 years older than anyone coming out of college at this stage. I would rather draft a late round unknown QB, and groom with him for the future, than waste a pick on someone like Beck who you already know is worthless....

We're not "trying" to do anything, we're just stating / sticking with the facts we have in front of us. You just can't deal with it....

You'll fight tooth and nail to support Beck, and attempt to make the rest of us feel the same way that you do. Unfortunately for you, being the Beck fan that you are, it's a no win situation....

Maybe as a practice squad QB, or a 3rd stringer at best. Outside of that, he's worthless to the NFL, and the chances of him ever starting anywhere in the NFL are slim to none...

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league they play in, and thus far, Beck has done nothing. He's lucky he's still on a roster period....

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

I could use FeelThePain's logic and say... toss in Brock Berlin's name.., he really never got a chance either... He could have been the next Joe Montana..., but we'll never know so we can cannot say impirically(sp?) that he wouldn't have been..., or could have been...,

Beck won't pan out to be the future starter with the Dolphins... I can't say that impiracally (sp?) until he is shopped and shipped..., and why ship him he gives you balance at the 3rd pivot and he does keep his pie hole shut what more do you want out of your 3rd pivot...?

This is the circular logic that people argue for JB...

Yeah, and I have a nice bridge for sale if you're interested.... :chuckle:

No thanks, I don't trust people who make snap judgments.

It's not a good opinion because it's not the same as your's??... What makes it bad?? I think it's a pretty accurate opinion, and it's mainly based on the lack of production that Beck has displayed in the two years he's been here...

He's already been beaten out by everyone on the depth chart since being drafted, {an old beat-up T. Green, and a rookie in C. Henne}. So tell me again why he's going to be worth something?...

He's got zero starting experience, and he's already 4-5 years older than anyone coming out of college at this stage. I would rather draft a late round unknown QB, and groom with him for the future, than waste a pick on someone like Beck who you already know is worthless....

You don't like Beck everyone gets it, it doesn't change the fact the guys had 5 starts and and two coaches in two years. Your opinion of Becks ability to play at this level is based on very little evidence. That's not my opinion , that's fact. 5 games and you have all the answers.

We're not "trying" to do anything, we're just stating / sticking with the facts we have in front of us. You just can't deal with it....

You'll fight tooth and nail to support Beck, and attempt to make the rest of us feel the same way that you do. Unfortunately for you, being the Beck fan that you are, it's a no win situation....

You are doing something, you're trying to conclude a players ability to play in the NFL can be done with just 5 games on a 1-15 team as a rookie nonetheless. I think 90% of the football population would find that laughable. Your "facts" are non existent, there is very little film on Beck in the pro's that makes niether a superstar or Bust. As much as you want to be certain of this, NO NFL players career has ever been decided on just 5 games! So all that talking you can muster won't change the fact Beck will get more chances, by people who know the game of football a helluva lot better than you. BTW, I support every player on this team that deserves being supported, however all along my view on Beck has had nothing to do with Beck, it's about the idea that NO ONE can determine a players ability to play in the NFL off just five games, that's what my argument regarding Beck has been all along.

Maybe as a practice squad QB, or a 3rd stringer at best. Outside of that, he's worthless to the NFL, and the chances of him ever starting anywhere in the NFL are slim to none...

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league they play in, and thus far, Beck has done nothing. He's lucky he's still on a roster period....

I think you've made it more than clear what you want to happen but I really don't see what that has to do with reality.

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

Sure you trust Tuna, you trust him so much you question his decision to keep Beck, when he's had plenty of time to dump him. Beck's cap hit would be practically nothing if we just released the guy YOU think is worthless, we could have traded him for a conditional 7th round pick we could have done a lot of things to rid this team of Beck, yet he's still a Dolphin, he's still on an NFL roster, he's still part of a team run by one of the brightest football minds to ever be a part of the NFL, yet you know more than BP and what John Becks value is, gotta love some people agendas?:rolleyes2:

You can go on and on about what you think Beck can and can't do it won't change the fact that he's only played in 5 games on a 1-15 team as a rookie. You can act like that's all anyone needs to prove a players worth, but that's not how the NFL works. You can hate the guy whatever makes you happy. He's still in the NFL, still on an active roster. All the words in the world you can think of to plead your case won't change that fact. So come back with whatever silly little post you can think up Beck is still a QB in the NFL, DEAL WITH IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could use FeelThePain's logic and say... toss in Brock Berlin's name.., he really never got a chance either... He could have been the next Joe Montana..., but we'll never know so we can cannot say impirically(sp?) that he wouldn't have been..., or could have been...,

Beck won't pan out to be the future starter with the Dolphins... I can't say that impiracally (sp?) until he is shopped and shipped..., and why ship him he gives you balance at the 3rd pivot and he does keep his pie hole shut what more do you want out of your 3rd pivot...?

This is the circular logic that people argue for JB...

Well than why don't you use Blitz's logic and dump players Like Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Eli Manning or Doug Williams who all played like crap early in their careers before they went on in later years to win SB's? What about Terry Bradshaw? How was the start of his career? Do you eve know? What about John Elway? Think he was a superstar form his first few games in the NFL? I mean since every great player in the history of the NFL played great football from their first snap to their last we can easily tell who will succed and who will fail based on their early success or failures, RIGHT? WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTP, you're fighting a battle you can't win. No matter what you say, the majority here are convinced that Beck will never be anything special. I don't see those minds changing anytime in the near future. So, get a new avatar and just move forward.

FTP, you're fighting a battle you can't win. No matter what you say, the majority here are convinced that Beck will never be anything special. I don't see those minds changing anytime in the near future. So, get a new avatar and just move forward.

I'm not fighting anything, I'm simply pointing out you can't tell what a player will be based on 5 games started. I don't really care what people think of Beck, this isn't about Beck. We could be talking about Bell or Ginn or Brown, it doesn't matter.

I'm One of the ones who still thinks like feel the Pain, You can't judge Beck on 5 games on an awful 1-15 team with a horrible offensive line. With no Ronnie . no Ricky and a rookie in gin jr starting. As much as everyone once to get rid of Beck, we still don't know what we have until he gets a chance behind a heathy line. Lets don't forget he was thrown to the wolves last year in phil and pitt in horrible conditions. I suport all players on our team i would just like to see Beck be giving a real chance with a suporting cast. like Pennington had last year and what he should have this year around him.

I'm not fighting anything, I'm simply pointing out you can't tell what a player will be based on 5 games started. I don't really care what people think of Beck, this isn't about Beck. We could be talking about Bell or Ginn or Brown, it doesn't matter.

Don't try to reason with these people. It's not worth the effort.

John Beck Prediction

Most of us would love to trade beck for a 4th or 5th rounder.. But if we're offered 6th and 7th rounders, then i think we should keep him, because i think he's a hell of alot better than the 07 team.

I dont think any teams will trade for Beck before or during the Draft. I think Beck will play his best ball this comming preseason. That is when we will trade him to another team, who may have an injured QB or have just dicovered all of their QB's are garbage...

John Beck has value, and with the poor crop of QB's in the draft and in Free Agency, i think Beck can compete for a starting job somewhere.

Beck won't ever get the nod over Henne in Miami.

All the teams that wanted Beck in that 07 draft, might still be interested. He's still raw in terms of experience, but i dont think Beck will ever let that happen again.. Watching and learning from Pennington has made him a smarter QB, and he should have better study habits because of it.

Remember when we were lowballed with Taylor with 3rd rounders... We waited until camp when someone got desparate and they offered higher value.

The Beck trade will happen in the same manner, I assume we're asking for a late third-4th round pick.. Maybe we take a 5th, i'd be okay with that since I'm confident Ireland will grab a solid player with that 5th rounder.

Anyway, how can we maximize Beck's value... We gotta hype him up a little bit..

What if he just happens to light up training camp, play as good as Pennington, and suprisingly much better than Henne.. What will become of Beck then?

Oh the potential often wasted...

Most of us would love to trade beck for a 4th or 5th rounder.. But if we're offered 6th and 7th rounders, then i think we should keep him, because i think he's a hell of alot better than the 07 team.

I dont think any teams will trade for Beck before or during the Draft. I think Beck will play his best ball this comming preseason. That is when we will trade him to another team, who may have an injured QB or have just dicovered all of their QB's are garbage...

John Beck has value, and with the poor crop of QB's in the draft and in Free Agency, i think Beck can compete for a starting job somewhere.

Beck won't ever get the nod over Henne in Miami.

All the teams that wanted Beck in that 07 draft, might still be interested. He's still raw in terms of experience, but i dont think Beck will ever let that happen again.. Watching and learning from Pennington has made him a smarter QB, and he should have better study habits because of it.

Remember when we were lowballed with Taylor with 3rd rounders... We waited until camp when someone got desparate and they offered higher value.

The Beck trade will happen in the same manner, I assume we're asking for a late third-4th round pick.. Maybe we take a 5th, i'd be okay with that since I'm confident Ireland will grab a solid player with that 5th rounder.

Anyway, how can we maximize Beck's value... We gotta hype him up a little bit..

What if he just happens to light up training camp, play as good as Pennington, and suprisingly much better than Henne.. What will become of Beck then?

Oh the potential often wasted...

come on man! we traded a third round draft pick for lamar gordon in this same senerio. Lamar freakin gordon! Beck is a 2nd round pick with this same senerio. come on man !

Same goes for Brock Berlin..., and how's about Dave Dickinson..., they really weren't given a fair shot shuold they be around still...?

I would just be happy if you didn't have to make another thread or post talking about Beck, your opinion is extrremely bias.

LOL. Ya, your opinion isnt biased. You avoid direct questions from him on this subject. You keep going back to this Beck has only had 5 games thing. Yet in another thread the other day when discussing the value of Miles Austin, you used the reasoning he hasnt played or produced much to say it was quite low. Do you see the irony there? If you dont, I cant help you then. Its ok to bring up lack of playing time or results when discussing other players, just not John Beck?

You have a long history of taking it to a personal level when talking about Beck, even your reasoning for the value of Beck is filled with insults. It would be nice if you could address the reason why you think it's legit to evalutqae a player on just five games played when there isn't oine GM, HC or scout that could do the same. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when you use Becks 5 games as a reason to think he isn't a good football player that is nothing more than an excuse to promote your hate. There is no chance Becks value is based on his 5 games played, yet you try as hard as youcan to reason there is.

You keep evaluating Beck off his BYU YouTube highlights then, others I guess will have to go off the limited NFL competition he has faced. Which makes more sense to you?

Back
Top Bottom