Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

A C is not sopposed to take on a NT all by himself. I dont know what you know about other teams, because you just said the Tenn plays a 3-4, but they have a man by the name of albert Haynesworth, the most dominant Defensive player in the league when he wants to be. he requires a double team virtually every play. and Casey Hampton, the NT for the #1 defensed and world champion Steelers, is also one of the best at his position. so please recognize these or do some research before saying that Brown isnt good because he couldnt handle one of the best NT and Dt in the league by himself
know your roll.who cares what you say.these are obvious points that a 12th grader would know.like i said the ravens feel they have someone else that possibly could do the job against these 2 teams.=these two players you mentioned.

being the break down was a great one. the tenn tackles are very big.they shift alot over the center.brown didnt handle theses guys well.this will be the main reason the ravens dont pay this guy.they have to play these 4 games every year.why pay a guy big money when he doesnt handle the arch rivals very well?
What the hell are you talking about? Jason Brown shut down Albert Haynesworth twice this season. He shut down Shaun Rogers twice, Casey Hampton twice. Stop making things up. Thats like saying Marvin Harrison can't catch or Ted Ginn lacks speed.

if you read any blogs from the ravens,newspapers for about a week.you will see what i am takling about.they say his weakness is bull rushers,pass protection,and gets lost in space.that he is a top 10 center,but not all pro.do i still want him yes.but they can move chester over if they have to.he didnt not win all those battles either.

if you read any blogs from the ravens,newspapers for about a week.you will see what i am takling about.they say his weakness is bull rushers,pass protection,and gets lost in space.that he is a top 10 center,but not all pro.do i still want him yes.but they can move chester over if they have to.he didnt not win all those battles either.

you are making no real points at all. please come back when you have valid information. you said i was making a point that a 12th grader could make, you arent even making a point.

A C is not sopposed to take on a NT all by himself. I dont know what you know about other teams, because you just said the Tenn plays a 3-4, but they have a man by the name of albert Haynesworth, the most dominant Defensive player in the league when he wants to be. he requires a double team virtually every play. and Casey Hampton, the NT for the #1 defensed and world champion Steelers, is also one of the best at his position. so please recognize these or do some research before saying that Brown isnt good because he couldnt handle one of the best NT and Dt in the league by himself

You said it exactly right. Any Nose Tackle who can't win virtually every one on one matchup he engages in isn't worth jack. Brown did his job and he did it very well. There is nobody on Baltimore's line who would play the Center spot better than Brown did, contrary to what SOME other posters have been saying. From what I recall he did very well in numerous occasions against players like Haynesworth and Hampton, and thats all that can be asked. At his age, Brown is entering his prime and fits the prototypical mold of a Parcel's lineman. Even at big time money I think he would make an awesome addition to our line, giving us a big body in the middle to tangle with Jenkins, Wilfork etc ...

Baltimore Ravens center Jason Brown will likely test the free-agency waters on Friday since it's believed there is a gap in negotiations between Brown and the Ravens...Brown excels against top nose tackles, but struggled in space against 4-3 defenses...Since the Ravens play two 3-4 defenses in the AFC North, they might want Brown back. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Baltimoresun[/FONT]

latest update! today

http://mvn.com/ravensroost/2009/02/free-agents.html up and down year.i could post a 100 of these.first year at center to.

I'm sure you could post a hundred of these, maybe a thousand, but in the end it's just blogs and opinions. I could show you hundreds of posts on here that will challenge even the most knowledgeable opinions of our own football team (some completely based on insanity:chuckle: and others that you have to at least consider)... I know these people watched Brown, but so did a lot of our own Finheaven posters and we have a difference of opinion. Neither is guaranteed right, but just the fact Brown's name keeps coming up and he is widely regarded as an excellent Center gives him a little more credit than I think you're giving him. Not saying your absolutely wrong, but Brown is for real and he played a lot better than the Ravens' group seems to think. Just remember how critical we can get of our own players when in reality they actually perform very well. Just food for thought.

Brown isnt a pro bowl, bert. that is why u dont want him. Brett Favre was in the pro bowl, adn Penny want. i will stick with Penny nay day of the week adn twice on sunday. stop believing these stupid blogs. watch some game film, and get with the facts

i was the close to the first ,if not the first person to talk about getting brown.just check my posts.i liked his size,and youth.but after reading weeks and weeks of posts of some very educated guys.i have gotten off the bandwagon .mainly because a first year center that is not even close to the pro bowl ,wants top guard money.he is a very good guard though.the plus is that he is just getting started at the position,and should get even better.the down things i did read . the ravens line sucked early on ,until they changed there guards around.the ravens have very good guards.did this help cover up brown out of position ?i dont know.the ravens will move chester over to cover browns center spot.they feel chester is stronger at the point of attack,and are not worried at all. they will offer brown a contract,but will it be top money ?i dont know.on the down side i read ,pass protection,bull rushers,and lost in space against the 3-4 defense.jets and pats 3-4 defenses.the question is if the ravens dont resign him.brown being all that,why would we ?they do have the money to make this happen.i have faith in tuna to draft a good young center,that is a lot cheaper.i am going to say we will not sign brown.we will not over pay.we will not pay top guard money for the center position,especially for a guy not even close to the top of his position.even though we have a big hole here.

Miami to make Huge Push for Jason Brown

The Dolphins are expected to make a "huge push" to sign G/C Jason Brown when the free agent market opens.
Brown may encounter the same problems with Miami he's having in talks with the Ravens. Baltimore will only give him top center money and he wants to be paid like a guard. Miami's need is at center, not his preferred position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Awesome Awesome News, and I think the Tuna will defitnely overpay just to get this kid in.

He'll be the C or he won't be here. Although his ability to also play guard makes him that much more valuable. If we get in a pinch at G due to injury we can slide him over and plug satele back at C. I love the idea of having this guy!

Back
Top Bottom