Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

The upside to signing Jason Brown, other than he's good, is it leaves the first round open for drafting a position other than C. Sign him and let's get a DB in the draft.

and he has experience in the NFL :)

Why trade Satele if we get Brown? while he doesnt have ideal size, he makes an excellent insurance policy if any of the middle three on the line go down. He's playing right now for a song, so let him live out his rookie contract.

If this season taught us anything, it was that you can never have too many linemen...

I do agree that picking up Brown does open up #25 for pretty much anything.

This guy is going to get a truckload of bank. I mean crazy money for what is probably the least expensive posistion in the NFL (center). He's worth it though. Stud.

Why trade Satele if we get Brown? while he doesnt have ideal size, he makes an excellent insurance policy if any of the middle three on the line go down. He's playing right now for a song, so let him live out his rookie contract.

If this season taught us anything, it was that you can never have too many linemen...

I would rather get a pick for Satele and draft a real guard

J. Brown to be had for 5 yr. 40 Mill

Brown is looking for the same kind of deal that Fanaca got with the Jets last season, which was 5 yr, 40 mil. 12:01 Thursday we should give this guy every penny of that. lock up the line and center position for a good time.

Free agent G/C Jason Brown is reportedly believed to be targeting a deal like Alan Faneca got from the Jets last year.
If so, the Ravens can forget about keeping him. Faneca got $40 million over five years. Brown, 26 in May, has never made a Pro Bowl. Faneca has eight.
-per roto

Faneca was the highest paied oline-man before we had jake on our team and brown wants that without a pro-bowl. I'd rather draft a center for ALOT less then have our whole salary cap go to the oline.

The problem is that there are a string of other teams that appear to have targeted Jason Brown as well. It could become an auction.

Faneca was the highest paied oline-man before we had jake on our team and brown wants that without a pro-bowl. I'd rather draft a center for ALOT less then have our whole salary cap go to the oline.
i'm inclined to agree with you there...

clay matthew >>>> Laurinitus

Matthews reminds me of John Offerdahl in terms of size. He also comes from great pedigree.
I think he can play MLB because he is smart and has great range. Not the fastest guy at the LB position, but can rush the passer.
Don't discount intelligence. The great phin LB's (ZT, Offerdahl and Buoniconti) had exceptional ability at recognizing plays and reacting quickly.
Clay Matthews Sr, also had that ability. Hopefully Jr inherited that from his father.

Back
Top Bottom