Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

If Crowder leaves and nobody to replace him is picked up in FA I would say ILB becomes our biggest need.

you, my friend, would be a poor negociator in eastern countries :lol:

i understand you don't want to lose the guy, but it's just like those Ebay auctions... no one uses the "buy it now" feature (most of the time) on football tickets. You know some people want them, but you don't want to pay a hefty price to make sure you get something you suspect would be available at a cheaper price at the end of the auction...

the same things goes in free agency imo... and i think he'll receive a good but not incredible offer... the most important thing is to throw him the first offer, and try to lure him to miami by talking him into it just like we did with cameron wake.

if somebody outbids us, look for the dolphins to do the same thing they did with calvin pace, and that is let the other team "win".

good thing i'm not in an eastern country. :rolleyes2:

you wanna bet me if miami lands jason brown he will be the highest paid center in the game???

good thing i'm not in an eastern country. :rolleyes2:

you wanna bet me if miami lands jason brown he will be the highest paid center in the game???

probably so. right now, Jeff Faine is the highest paid C. he signed a 6-year, 37.5m deal with 15m guaranteed. Brown will probably get a comparable amount

probably so. right now, Jeff Faine is the highest paid C. he signed a 6-year, 37.5m deal with 15m guaranteed. Brown will probably get a comparable amount

i wasn't aware jeff faine's contract was that much. he's overpaid. yeah...i'd say that will be in the neighborhood of what jason brown signs for.

this kid better be darn good. that's alot of loot for a center.

Center Jason Brown on Dolphins Radar

C Jason Brown on Dolphins’ radar

by Edgar Thompson With the ends of the Dolphins’ offensive line set by the signing of right tackle Vernon Carey, Bill Parcells and Co. will now turn their attention to an interior with some question marks.
While projected starting guards Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas recover from season-ending injuries, the Dolphins will figure out who’ll play between them.
One of the first moves will be to gauge Baltimore center Jason Brown’s interest in coming to South Florida. For their part, the Dolphins are very interested in Brown, if he isn’t re-signed by the Ravens, an NFL source said.
A 25-year-old who started every game the past two seasons and 45 since he was a rookie in 2005, Brown offers better size (6-3, 320) and strength than Samson Satele, who has started every game since he was drafted with the No. 60 pick in the 2007 draft.

Brown hopes to return to Baltimore. But there’s a good chance the Ravens won’t pony up the kind of salary he seeks because he’s a center … one of the lowest-paid positions on the field.
If the Dolphins can’t get Brown, there are other options in free agency. But none is rated as highly as Brown by ESPN, or is as young as him.
The next move likely would be the draft, where the nation’s top center, Cal’s Alex Mack, could be an option with the No. 25 selection.
If not Mack, Oregon’s Max Unger heads the list of other options.

Back
Top Bottom