Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

Ravens center team's top target during free agency

Speculation that Jason Brown will be in a Dolphin uniform next season reached a crescendo Wednesday when an NFL source said Miami is the preferred destination of the Baltimore center.

A deal could be struck in the early hours of Friday morning after the NFL free-agent signing period begins at midnight tonight.

"They've been chasing Brown pretty hard," said draft analyst Michael Lombardi, who spent 23 years as an NFL executive and reports on the league for ProFootball Talk. "It wouldn't surprise me if that's where he winds up."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/02/25/a5c_dolphins_inside_0226.html

hope the ravens re-sign both lewis & scott tomorrow. if not, they just might close the door on brown hitting free agency.:crazy:
brown can play either guard or center. if we land him, he will continue as a center. the redskins & jacksonville are in the mix. don't know we're they'd place him, but wherever he goes he'll demand top dollar. he's projected as the best linesman to hit the NFL free agency

Not sure, be he would be a Center in Miami.

It just strikes me as odd. I've read reports that he didn't like playing C in Baltimore and wants to be paid Alan Faneca money as an OG. On the other hand I've read other reports where he wants to be the highest paid C in the league. Dude, can't have it both ways.

Merge! I posted this earlier and it was moved to the OFFICIAL Jason Brown thread.

I'm starting to think his signing is imminent. You know what they say... "If it smells like a Dolphin, and looks like a Dolphin... Its probably a Dolphin". When multiple outlets are reporting the mutual interest between JB and Miami, you have to think there is some truth to it. I know I'll be staying up until at least 1 AM tomorrow! Cant wait!

Imagine a line with Long at LT, Smiley at LG, Brown at C, Thomas at RG and Carey at RT. :jawdrop:

Wow, that would be one impressive offensive line.
You're right but we still need to draft another guard. Smiley has trouble staying healthy and although he has shown a lot of promise, Thomas has not played a regular season down.

we carry 4 other players that could back up Smiley & Satele would make a run at the starting guard position if we acquire Brown
don't know where Murphy is on the learning curve, but it appears the FrontOffice still believes in him

I'm a bit confused. What does Jason Brown want to play OG or C?

He was a C coming out of UNC. Baltimore moved him to G because of his size and versatility and their draft pick spent on Chris Chester. I think Chester didn't develop quite as planned and Brown took over the C spot when Matt Flynn left.

You're right but we still need to draft another guard. Smiley has trouble staying healthy and although he has shown a lot of promise, Thomas has not played a regular season down.

Thomas started against the Jets last season and was injured in the 1st half.
Some players show their talent early on and apparently that has been the case with Thomas.

I don't think he really cares whether he PLAYS center or guard. However, he has made it known that he wants to be PAID like a guard.

Back
Top Bottom