Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

:evil:
I've never cared for him. I didn't like him in Minny. I think he was overrated and the Dolphins made a mistake with trading for him. I don't care about what stats he put up in Minny. Fran T put up some great stats in Minny, but where does he stand with the likes of Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Tom Brady and a few others?
I'am just voicing my opinion of him.

I suppose green or carr did better stat wise?At least CPep had better stats than these guys.It makes no sense.We keep chasing washed up fellas instead of drafting a QB.IT MAKES NO SENSE!:(

who did we release from last years roster that would be considered major on any front.

mcmichael...no
any O line guy....no
harrington....no

We aren't rebuilding... if we were you would have no problem distinguishing that fact.

McMichael-starter/gone
Harrington-starter/gone
starting FB-gone
top offensive player (welker)-gone
Kevin Carter-starter/gone
Sammy Morris-gone
Mare-why did we sign Feeley if we going to keep Mare?
other backups that we didn't even try resign.
Those are just a few off the top of this old geezers head.

Our roster will be overhauled before Cam and Randy are done.

Of course Cam won't say that this team is in a major rebuilding mode. How could he look Taylor and Thomas in the eye and say that? How could they land Joey Porter then? They are not gearing up for a Super Bowl run, like the Broncos or Patriots are doing. Look at the personal changes, cutting/releasing/trading away major players from last season. Read between the lines, this team is rebuilding.

if reading between the lines is all ya got Steve, you don't have much... say, did you read his last presser? here is a portion;

On if he’s had to go to Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor to tell them what his plan is) – “That’s the winner so far today, questions-wise. [snip] Zach and JT have their eyes open and they are pros. It’s very obvious that what we’re doing is not rebuilding. So we haven’t had to have any sit-down discussions. I’ve kind of winked at them and I’ve kind of said, ‘Rebuilding, huh?’ Then we sign Joey Porter. Now, they kind of laugh about it because obviously people are hammering them. We’re not rebuilding. Just because you rely on the draft doesn’t mean you’re rebuilding either. You’re just adding good players to a team that can be very good. So to answer your question, no we haven’t had anything specific, but you’re talking about pros. You’re talking about guys who can see the big picture and understand.â€Â

so what's the scoop bro...do you really think coach is lying to us, them, everyone.. ? because really, that would be like calling Zach and JT stupid eh... and "that" would be rather counterproductive.

Let the competition embrace you Steve, it is good.

culpepper and green will battle it out in camp....for the number 1 spot.lemon will battle it out with brady quinn,drew stanton,john beck for the number 2/3 spots....terry shea coached green at kc and will be his qb coach in miami..also shea has been working in arizona prior to him joining the fins...i like jason cole believe the move to get green will land us quinn as well.

if reading between the lines is all ya got Steve, you don't have much... say, did you read his last presser? here is a portion;

so what's the scoop bro...do you really think coach is lying to us, them, everyone.. ? because really, that would be like calling Zach and JT stupid eh... and "that" would be rather counterproductive.

Let the competition embrace you Steve, it is good.

So you believe everything a coach says to the media? Sometimes a good BLAH, BLAH, BLAH says the same thing.

Fran Tarkenton is one of the all-time great QBs and is in the same boat as Dan Marino. They both had great careers but never won a Super Bowl. Where he stands in regards to other QBs is subjective at best.

Yeah I didn't really understand that reference either. From 73-78 Tarkenton had the Vikes in the NFC Championship game each year; advancing to the SB 3 times.:confused2

McMichael-starter/gone
Harrington-starter/gone
starting FB-gone
Sammy Morris-gone

You may have missed the point.

McMichael-starter/gone - production and upgrade replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? yes
Harrington-starter/gone - production replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? yes
starting FB-gone - production replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? yes
top offensive player (welker)- production replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? maybe not but we got more than fair compensation
Kevin Carter-starter/gone - production replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? yes
Sammy Morris-gone - production replacable through FA/draft and at a cheaper cost? yes
Mare-why did we sign Feeley if we going to keep Mare? - dangling trade value or another draft pick possibility.

Cam Ram just got rid of the dead weight and is hoping to hit on the draft so we dont go 6-10 again.

McMichael-starter/gone
I would have liked to see him get another chance because he was used improperly last season because the OL played so poorly. But he can be replaced.
Harrington-starter/gone
He was only the starter because Pep was injured. Joey isn't a big loss.
starting FB-gone
We upgraded that position a million-fold with Sledge. Bad example.
That one hurts, I was a big Welker fan and I would have liked to keep him. But again, if we draft Ginn everybody will be saying "Welker who?".
We needed to get younger and his cap # was too high in relation to his perfomance.
Sammy Morris-gone
Ricky > Sammy
We are only keeping Mare around to extract a draft pick from another team. He won't be here come training camp.
Some of them weren't worth resigning. Have some faith in the FO bro, they know what they're doing.

But the situation isn't as dire as you make it sound. Some of the guys that were let go are easily replaced. Yes there have been a large number of changes but that still isn't a major rebuild. The FO is just getting rid of the fat and will be bringing in young healthy and hungry players. We all win as Dolphin fans. :yes:

qb situation

why in the heck do we want a 34 yr old qb just coming of a major head injury that will cost us some kind of compensation(draft pick/picks), when we could sign a much younger, not injured david carr? yea cam has a history with trent,but way back when both were with washington and younger.i say sign carr draft stanton in 2nd round and at camp let the best man win.

:yes:

We also just want to have a conversation without all of the name calling and insults. It's okay to disagree, but why some of you attack a person (a fellow Phin fan at that) who has a differing view is mind boggling.

[mod]I agree 100%, so lets keep it on topic boys and girls!!![/mod]

I would have liked to see him get another chance because he was used improperly last season because the OL played so poorly. But he can be replaced.

He was only the starter because Pep was injured. Joey isn't a big loss.

We upgraded that position a million-fold with Sledge. Bad example.

That one hurts, I was a big Welker fan and I would have liked to keep him. But again, if we draft Ginn everybody will be saying "Welker who?".

We needed to get younger and his cap # was too high in relation to his perfomance.
Ricky > Sammy

We are only keeping Mare around to extract a draft pick from another team. He won't be here come training camp.
Some of them weren't worth resigning. Have some faith in the FO bro, they know what they're doing.

But the situation isn't as dire as you make it sound. Some of the guys that were let go are easily replaced. Yes there have been a large number of changes but that still isn't a major rebuild. The FO is just getting rid of the fat and will be bringing in young healthy and hungry players. We all win as Dolphin fans. :yes:

So to play devils advocate, you think all the moves he made were good???

I also do!

And if he believes Culpepper should be gone, I agree also.

There is to much smoke for there to be no fire in regards to Culpepper, does he get let go?? I don't know.

But signs do point to it as being very possible.

hmm $$$$ is usually a big reason. Trent Green is actually PROVEN. and we kind of want a STOP GAP QB to fill in til the eventual draftee we take this year is ready to become the new starter.

Back
Top Bottom