Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I would have liked to see him get another chance because he was used improperly last season because the OL played so poorly. But he can be replaced.

He was only the starter because Pep was injured. Joey isn't a big loss.

We upgraded that position a million-fold with Sledge. Bad example.

That one hurts, I was a big Welker fan and I would have liked to keep him. But again, if we draft Ginn everybody will be saying "Welker who?".

We needed to get younger and his cap # was too high in relation to his perfomance.
Ricky > Sammy

We are only keeping Mare around to extract a draft pick from another team. He won't be here come training camp.
Some of them weren't worth resigning. Have some faith in the FO bro, they know what they're doing.

But the situation isn't as dire as you make it sound. Some of the guys that were let go are easily replaced. Yes there have been a large number of changes but that still isn't a major rebuild. The FO is just getting rid of the fat and will be bringing in young healthy and hungry players. We all win as Dolphin fans. :yes:

I don't know how to break quotes down like that, but

Ricky doesn't equal Sammy, Sammy plays special teams
Mare, whether we get a pick or not, more than likely he's gone
Joey, Starter his whole career
Daunte, although he is still a Dolphin, he did get clearance to play.

So to play devils advocate, you think all the moves he made were good???

I also do!

And if he believes Culpepper should be gone, I agree also.

There is to much smoke for there to be no fire in regards to Culpepper, does he get let go?? I don't know.

But signs do point to it as being very possible.
The Welker move is the one that bugs me. I am a huge Welker mark because I love his heart, intensity and willingness to run through a brick wall to catch a ball. To me, that is a hard thing to find in a player, even harder to replace.

Yes we did get 2 picks for a 3rd WR..........it's a tough call for me.

I agree, we don't have any say in what the FO does and we should support their decisions like true fans. As far as Pep is concerned, he might still be in recovery mode and that has them worried, but it doesn't neccesarily mean they want him gone. I think they'll let him battle for a spot in camp and go from there. That's all I can hope for as a CPep fan, that they get a good read on what he has to offer us before just throwing away an asset.

He'll be 37 in July. Beat me to it, looked horrible last season.

why in the heck do we want a 34 yr old qb just coming of a major head injury that will cost us some kind of compensation(draft pick/picks), when we could sign a much younger, not injured david carr? yea cam has a history with trent,but way back when both were with washington and younger.i say sign carr draft stanton in 2nd round and at camp let the best man win.

trent green makes more sense and i will tell you why. david carr has decision issues. think about it. why would mia want carr when he is joey harrington with a slower decision making ability?

carr not only throws tooooooooooooooooo many interceptions...he gets sacked tooooooooooooooooooooooo many times.

wasn't that what some were crying for culpepper's head about???? :confused:

carr is the bad combination of the joey harrington interception problem and the supposed culpepper gets rid of the ball too late problem.

although, i disagree that culpepper got rid of the ball too late (i went over the tapes and culpepper didn't take more than 3 seconds to get sacked/plus the mobility wasn't there, not the decision making)...you can't say the same about carr?

carr has the many sacks and interceptions to prove it.

trent green would only be brought in as a security blanket for culpepper, who should be the #1 QB bar none.

it shouldn't even be debated. culpepper is an injury season away from the runner up to NFL MVP. I mean, c'mon.

so you didn't answer MY question Steve... do you think those words the coach just said were lies?

I'll answer, I don't think its a lie, but like I said above, there is to much smoke about this for some truth not to be in it.

If in fact Cam wants him gone, he is playing it smart to keep some kind of value on Culpepper in case we want to trade him. Can we get anything for him? I'm not sure.

But if he comes out and says he won't be ready or I don't expect him at camp, he has no value at all.

so you didn't answer MY question Steve... do you think those words the coach just said were lies?

I don't know. I've never met coach Cam and don't know him. I will say this, I've been around pro sports for a long time and I've learned to read between the lines. What coach Cam told Zach and Jason is between them and not us.
Would you be happy if coach Cam came out and said that we're going to suck for a few years, but please still spend $100 bucks on a ticket to see us?

I don't know how to break quotes down like that, but
We'll have to teach ya. :wink:

Ricky doesn't equal Sammy, Sammy plays special teams
Mare, whether we get a pick or not, more than likely he's gone
Joey, Starter his whole career
Daunte, although he is still a Dolphin, he did get clearance to play.
Joey was brought here to be insurance, he only got his chance because Daunte was injured. If Daunte had stayed healthy, Joey never would have seen playing time. He was signed to be a backup and played average ball when he did get a chance. Again, that's not his fault entirely, the OL did play like crap for him just as it did for Culpepper.

And players hide injuries all the time from team doctors/coaches. I think Daunte's biggest mistake (and the only thing fans should be upset about) is the fact that he wanted to be out on the field so badly that he put his health in jeopardy and ultimately hurt his team. How much of that had to do with Saban encouraging him to play is unknown, I'm content with putting that responsibilty on Daunte's shoulders. But I do like that passion to be on the field, I would take that over a player that is content with sitting on the bench any day.

As I read from another poster on a similar thread, does it matter if he was 137 with injury if he can still ball?

As far as I'm concerned we should aquire every QB available. Trade for Green, sign Carr, draft Quinn.

Forget about cap, forget about roster space because as long as we don't have a real QB, you can forget about the Miami Dolphins.

Bring em all in and have em battle it out in camp (Cpep, Green, Carr, Quinn, Lemon) and cut/trade the least competitive of the 4(wouldn't cut/trade Quinn just yet).

I would be very sad If Daunte parts way with us..., he really never had the opportunity to show up what he can do here in Miami, he played just a few games with his knee in a bad shape, I say give him another opportunity with his 100% knee, I f he can[t overcome that injury, then let him go, but first give him a real big opportunity...

I don't believe that Cameron and Mueller are basing their decisions on last season. I'm sure they have looked at his entire career. There are probably several reasons why they would part ways with DC. Cam seems to prefer cerebral QB's with accurate arms over the strong armed athletic types. The interview he gave Brady Quinn is an example of that. He wants quick thinking QB's with a strong command of the offense, not a guy that freelances. This isn't to say that DC is "dumb", but he's not the sharpest QB in the league either.
Where does that leave Carr? I'm not sure, because one of the reasons the Texans traded for Schaub is because of his alleged quick decision making skills. I guess the Texans don't believe Carr is cerebral enough for their offense.

hmm $$$$ is usually a big reason. Trent Green is actually PROVEN. and we kind of want a STOP GAP QB to fill in til the eventual draftee we take this year is ready to become the new starter.

I would have to agree. As far as grooming and teaching a young QB, Green would be the ideal choice. Not sold on Carr as he is a huge question mark on wether or not he can be successful. He's got all the physical tools but I question his mental state as far as decision making. Sort of like JH.

If we are going all out to draft Quinn then I want them to get Green then go in to camp with Green, Culpepper, Lemon and see what happens and who will be around to mentor Quinn

If we are not going all out to get Quinn then I would prefer Carr because he has more potential then Green to be here longer then 1 yr, so we go in to Camp with Carr, Culppepper and Lemon

He'll be 37 in July. Beat me to it, looked horrible last season.

Add to the fact that I don't want the Phins to deal with Carl Peterson of the Chiefs. He appparently wants more than that late 7th rounder the Phins are offering. I'd tell him take or leave it. He screwed Saban in the Surtain deal when he got him for only a 2nd rd pick.
If I'm the Phins I start negotiating with Carr to get Peterson to drop his demands.

Back
Top Bottom