Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I doubt Saban overruled the team doctors. But then again, those are the same docotrs that said Culpepper's injury wasn't as bad to overcome as Brees'. And we see how that worked out. I know Brees wanting more money then we were willing to give up or able to afford was the main decision, but It's obvious the Saints got more out of their money from Brees then we did from Culpepper.

I doubt anyone saw that coming. This was talked about before.
When the decison was made between the two, I would have taken CP over Brees as well. Most people would have also. This still doesn't make me a CP supporter.

Bye-Bye C-P. It's about what can you do now and not about what you did 3-5 years ago.

If he does not receive another chance AT LEAST during the offseason and preseason with us i will be extremely upset. we have barely seen the guy play in a Dolphins Uniform.

Bye-Bye C-P. It's about what can you do now and not about what you did 3-5 years ago.

and trent green can get another concussion for miami NOW. id rather cpep then green, what did green do last year? nothing...

DOLPHINS: Big move on horizon?

Team Report: Inside Slant (from foxsports.com) sorry if this is old

Inside Slant | Notes and Quotes | Strategy and Personnel
Miami's brass headed into the NFL owners' meetings in Phoenix with its eyes on Kansas City's Trent Green and David Carr, who was released Friday by Houston.

Despite the fact he will be 37 when the 2007 season begins, Green is an intriguing fit for the Dolphins on several levels. Green has familiarity with Dolphins coach Cam Cameron's offense from when both were with the Washington Redskins in the 1990s. Cameron also is close with new Dolphins quarterbacks coach Terry Shea, who held that position with Kansas City for five of the past six years.
"Trent would like to be there," agent Jim Steiner told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "It's an offense he's familiar with and there would be an excellent working relationship. It's a team that has a great defense that with a few tweaks on offense would have a pretty darn good chance of succeeding this season."

Green also is reportedly drawing interest from Detroit, although he could potentially block a trade by refusing to restructure his contract. Steiner said that wouldn't be an issue for the Dolphins with Green, who is set to earn $7.2 million in base salary in 2007.

At 27, Carr is eight years younger than Green and has the physical tools that made him the No. 1 overall selection in the 2002 draft. But Carr has struggled for much of his five NFL seasons, which is why the Texans acquired Matt Schaub as their new starter in a trade with Atlanta.

The interest in Green and Carr seemingly leaves Daunte Culpepper's status with the Dolphins in limbo. Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said Culpepper is continuing to rehabilitate his surgically repaired right knee, which underwent another procedure in December, and should be ready to participate in the team's first minicamp April 13 to 15 at team headquarters.

But whether Culpepper is still on the roster if Green or Carr is acquired isn't so certain. The Dolphins can cut Culpepper, who was unimpressive in his four starts in 2006 before being sidelined for the rest of the season with ongoing knee problems, and save $1.3 million against their salary cap. The Dolphins, though, would have to swallow $5.6 million in dead money should Culpepper get released.

Regardless of who is on the roster in the preseason, Cameron essentially said there will be an open competition to find a starting quarterback during the preseason.

"Whoever our quarterback winds up being, it will be a guy that has earned the job," Cameron said. "The great quarterbacks don't want it any other way. I've never been around a quarterback that was given a job. That's our approach."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67052&type=InsideSlant

I like Cameron saying whoever the QB is will earn it. I'd take Kolb with our 60th pick, bring in either Green or Carr (I'd prefer Green), keep Lemon as a backup, cut DC, and move on.

Let them earn it man.... I would love the Fins to pick up Green & Carr....may be strechn' it but I do not feel Culpepper can make the right choice when pressure is on.....time will tell!:lifter: :lifter:

I like Cameron saying whoever the QB is will earn it. I'd take Kolb with our 60th pick, bring in either Green or Carr (I'd prefer Green), keep Lemon as a backup, cut DC, and move on.

I've been getting hammered in another thread about my wish to have DC go away.......:D

I've been getting hammered in another thread about my wish to have DC go away.......:D

Maybe because your wish should be that CPep can return to form and lead this things to greater things. Why wish him to go away, we have invested alot in him and he definitely is trying to work his way back . . . give him time. We get Green or Carr as extra insurance just like Joey last year except these guys are better.

What's with this Green is familiar with Cam' offense. Cam hasn't changed his offense since the 90's? That's rather troubling.

What's with this Green is familiar with Cam' offense. Cam hasn't changed his offense since the 90's? That's rather troubling.

From 1983-95 (retired), Don Shula didn't change his style. Thow, then throw, and when the D expected a throw, they got it, a throw.:D

From 1970-82, coach Shula ran and ran and ran.

Maybe because your wish should be that CPep can return to form and lead this things to greater things. Why wish him to go away, we have invested alot in him and he definitely is trying to work his way back . . . give him time. We get Green or Carr as extra insurance just like Joey last year except these guys are better.

Nice thought, but wrong. Even when DC was in form, for that one year or so, I still never cared for him.

Back
Top Bottom