Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

If we didn't have such a recent history of being so indifferent with our draft choices I wouldn't be so worried. I sure hope those days are behind us.

My take - I'm not even a fan of picking up Green, but if the brass insists, let's do what other teams do - wait for him to get cut. I have to believe with all this being public that the Chiefs and Green have gone beyond that "point of no return".

I agree with you, but I dont know why people keep saying he is a concussion case. The guy has only had 1 cuncussion in his entire 14 year career, just 1 and that came last year. if you check his history he has started every game since he has been with the chiefs except last year. I agree, if we give up more than a6th for him Randy is just as nuts as the chiefs asking for a 2nd...Lets get Carr def now

Maybe so but look how bad that 1 was. It took him out for about 6-8 games. I would go with Carr in a heartbeat. He has youth, beating experience, toughness (see beating experience) and a strong arm. Granted Carr does make bad reads but what QB doesn't. We need youth instead of these old arse QB's coming in here for about 2 yrs tops.

Carr got cut a few days ago... where you been bro?

Just hang up the phone on them. Herman Edwards is still trying to screw us over.
BYE BYE! I'll just go sign Carr for a 6th or 7th (or wait till he gets cut)

Carr was cut last week.

Green will be cut eventually too, no way they pay him 7+ Mil next season.

Chiefs Peterson says talks could go on for weeks

Chiefs won’t rush a deal
Peterson says talks with Miami over Green may go on for a few weeks.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Green

PHOENIX | In the deadline-driven world of the NFL, there’s a time and place for everything.

In the case of the Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and their proposed trade involving quarterback Trent Green, the proper moment could be anytime before the draft in late April.

The Chiefs, minus a fourth-round pick because of last year’s trade with New Orleans for running back Michael Bennett, would like to collect an additional selection or two before the proceedings begin.

“This could go on for the next few weeks,†Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said, referring to talks with the Dolphins.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...rce=rss&channel=kansascity_kansas_city_chiefs

I say forget Green they are trying to rob the Fins like the Fins have allowed other teams in the past.

Sign Carr or draft a QB but no way do they get anything higher than next years 6th!!!

Maybe so but look how bad that 1 was. It took him out for about 6-8 games. I would go with Carr in a heartbeat. He has youth, beating experience, toughness (see beating experience) and a strong arm. Granted Carr does make bad reads but what QB doesn't. We need youth instead of these old arse QB's coming in here for about 2 yrs tops.

Agree 100%. Usually concussions take a guy out for about half the season. Young had to retire because of them.

Chiefs won’t rush a deal
Peterson says talks with Miami over Green may go on for a few weeks.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Green

PHOENIX | In the deadline-driven world of the NFL, there’s a time and place for everything.

In the case of the Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and their proposed trade involving quarterback Trent Green, the proper moment could be anytime before the draft in late April.

The Chiefs, minus a fourth-round pick because of last year’s trade with New Orleans for running back Michael Bennett, would like to collect an additional selection or two before the proceedings begin.

“This could go on for the next few weeks,†Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said, referring to talks with the Dolphins.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...rce=rss&channel=kansascity_kansas_city_chiefs

I say forget Green they are trying to rob the Fins like the Fins have allowed other teams in the past.

Sign Carr or draft a QB but no way do they get anything higher than next years 6th!!!
Screw Peterson, he thinks this is still the Wanny administration here. He can stick it where the sun don't shine. I say tell him to get lost and sign Carr.

Now granted I said I would take Carr in a heartbeat, but I would also like to see how C-Pep does. I would like to see what another chance does for him. Now if his leg is really still messed up, then Yes...My Carr statement stands. From the way it looks, Randy and Cam looking at QB's, things are pointing in the direction of C-Pep not being up to snuff. But like I said, If C-Pep is still a no go, Then Car is a go-go....lol

This is all posturing....there is no way that KC keeps Green at that salary and reports are that he will not renegotiate. Mueller will get this deal done at the right price or sign Carr...either way, Miami is going to upgrade the QB position.

I do not believe that adding Green or Carr would change Miami's approach to the draft....somwhere, Mueller will draft a young QB.

Back
Top Bottom