Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus???? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus????

wonderl33t said:
Karim was a 3rd round pick... and he led the NFL in touchdowns one year. I don't consider him a bad pick at all. ONe or two 1000 yard seasons also

Sharman Shar should not even be mentioned in this thread, its not his fault the line could not run block. I still disagree strongly with those that list John Avery he was as productive as you could expect out of a smallish rookie runningback that did not start any games. He gained 500 yards as a reserve, was definately better than the guy we traded a third round pick for last year Lamar Gordon. He was a great kick returner averaged 25 yards a kick. Hell blame the genius JJ for trading him for Marcus Nash. Worst draft move was trading this pick to Green Bay before the draft. Lorenzo Hampton gained 369 yards his rookie year. JJ Johnson had similar results his rookie year and did nothing else. Jackie Shipp was a much higher pick who did less. At least Jackie Shipp is a good recruiter.

Didn't we give up 2 first round picks for Hugh Green? I know, technically it's not a draft pick bust, but still a big blunder.

Csonka39 said:
not his falt, bad acls great reciever

1 sammy smith, with emmit smith sitting there we took the wrong smith!!!!
and every 1st rounder 7 years back
I have to agree with you that Sammie was our biggest bust ever. However, he was picked in the 1989 draft and Emmitt was picked in the 1990 draft. So, when we picked Sammie, Emmitt might have been sitting (on his couch), but he still had one more year of Football at Florida.

ChambersWI said:
at the time, I think the popular belief was that we were going to draft Tyrone Calico (who would've been a great pick. He just got Horse Collered by Rou Williams)

To be fair Tyrone can't stay healthy either. Incredible talent though. He'll be a RFA next year.

Cecil Collins....this guy was going to be a monster until he broke his leg, got caught wackin off in some girls apartment and is (i think) still in jail. If I remember correctly, we were 6-1 or 6-0 at the time and maybe would have been the year that Marino actually had a viable running back behind him. It was looking like a very promissing year.
I picked Cecil mainly because we knew ahead of time about his character issues and still waisted a third round pick on him. Could've been the franchise back we were looking for.

Hey can some on tell me the History on Eric Kumerow, he is a really good friend of my Dad and hes a really good guy and he is huge, like 6'6 or something but I never knew the history all any one told me was the he was a 1st rounder for the dolphins. I think its kinda funny reading up on it and finding out he was a bust. They told me that he was like a DE and then went to the NFL as a LB or it might be vice versa Im not to sure.

Tough call. Is it worse to blow the #15 pick on a guy who never plays (Green), or the #9 pick on a guy who plays and actively harms the team (Sammie Smith), or the #25 pick on a guy who barely plays and where you pass on a much better player (Fletcher)?

I'm ruling out Milner, because he was quickly traded for Troy Drayton, who was at least a productive player for awhile. (Smith was traded for Bobby Humphery, who didn't do a heck of a lot.)

Avery was at least a competent return man.

Bosa, Kumerow and Shipp were all lousy, but I don't think any of them reached Sammie Smith levels in terms of sheer ineptitude, and none were drafted as high, either.

I'm going with Sammie Smith.

TGall13 said:
Cecil Collins....this guy was going to be a monster until he broke his leg, got caught wackin off in some girls apartment and is (i think) still in jail. If I remember correctly, we were 6-1 or 6-0 at the time and maybe would have been the year that Marino actually had a viable running back behind him. It was looking like a very promissing year.
I picked Cecil mainly because we knew ahead of time about his character issues and still waisted a third round pick on him. Could've been the franchise back we were looking for.

No. We spent a FIFTH on Collins. So Collins couldn't be a huge draft bust, since most 5th round picks don't do squat. Cecil had a decent half-year, then went to jail.

dw10 said:
Didn't we pass on Randy Moss for John Avery. If that is so, I change my mind frm Sammie to Avery.
Very good point, I agree, John Avery

i have to go with flecher because it was an obviously bad pick when we made it.

phunwin said:
No. We spent a FIFTH on Collins. So Collins couldn't be a huge draft bust, since most 5th round picks don't do squat. Cecil had a decent half-year, then went to jail.

I stand corrected on the draft position. Maybe not the huge draft bust...but he should actually go in the "most talented, most disappointing" catagory. None the less, still was a waste of a pick.

I don't consider Yatil a bust at all. He was a stud in college at a position of need. Furthermore he was picked right around were most draft experts had him going. So unless you expect our GM to be physic about injuries I can't see how this is a bad pick.

My vote goes to Eddie Moore. He's a guy who had a known history of injuries (Yatil had no major injuries at UM) and was graded by most experts no higher then a late first or early second day pick. I remember after he was picked I had to search and search and search just to find a bios on him. Picking an obsure player with an injury history in the first round is the very definition of a reach.

Back
Top Bottom