Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus???? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus????

A.C. said:
John Avery

Vernon Carey

Todd Wade

James Johnson

Sammy Smith

Todd Wade?

Vernon Carey?

How the hell could those guys be the worst pick?

taylor whitley(couldnt block for shiz) and Jamar fletcher(burned alot and could not tackle)

cecil collins. not because of the draft pick but because it hurt the dolphins reputation as a class organization!!!:fire:

The Results Are In: The Official "Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus????

Tied for 3rd place are two fairly recent draft choices in John Avery and Yatil Green. There was however support surprisingly for both Yatil and John 2b fair, but at least Yatil was a stud in college (so u could understand the pick).
Meanwhile, I'm still looking for John Avery in my draft magazine as first round quality :tantrum: (he was projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder)!!! So the tiebreaker goes to:

3rd Place: John "Who the fauk is That" Avery (he wins 2 swift kicks in the cornhole) 11 Votes :down:

2nd Place: Sammie "Dropsy" Smith (he wins Soap on a Rope, heard he was in jail on drug charges, definitely don't want to fumble that soap Sammy or Samantha whichever is it now.....???) 12 Votes:barf:

Drum roll please..............................................................The Official Finheaven Guru's Top Vote getter as worst Pick is??????????????????????

1ST PLACE WINNER: JAMAR FLETCHER (:shakeno: WE PASSED ON BREESE FOR THIS...WHATTT!!!!!!:shakeno: ) 17 Votes

Well for being bestowed such an honor Mr. Fletcher will recieve a compass & GPS system so maybe he can find his way back to the league!!!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol:

OneHondo said:
Your right, I stand corrected, I think it was Reese I may have been thinking of who had personal problems that spoiled his career.

Yep, It was Don Reese and Randy Crowder, Channings dad that went out on coke dealing charges. Really wrecked our D to loose those two.

That shouldn't be it Fletcher was like a mid 20's pick and was the best cornerback coming out of college in a while. Atleast he played a couple seasons with us unlike some of the other bums.

MARINO1384 said:
That shouldn't be it Fletcher was like a mid 20's pick and was the best cornerback coming out of college in a while. Atleast he played a couple seasons with us unlike some of the other bums.
Fletcher was a hell of a corner in college, but Surtain, Madison, and Terrell Buckley were hell of corners in the NFL. We had no need or reason whatsoever to take Fletcher, especially with Drew Brees still on the board.

popularwar said:
Fletcher was a hell of a corner in college, but Surtain, Madison, and Terrell Buckley were hell of corners in the NFL. We had no need or reason whatsoever to take Fletcher, especially with Drew Brees still on the board.

Yeah but fletcher wasn't in the right system here and it's not his fault he was drafted where he wasn't needed that's wanny's not his.

popularwar said:

I gotta say, I don't follow college enough to know our picks until we pick them. But that one had me scratching my head for the same reason. Let's take a minute and imagine he turned out to be a great corner. We already had great corners, and depth! Why???????????????????????????? It was a dumb pick regardless of how bad he sucked, and he did. Wasted pick.

FansinceJan'72 said:
probably Dan Marino cause we could've traded up and took Elway and won a couple Super Bowls.

And maybe we should have passed on Nick Saban and made Jim Bates our head coach....could have won a couple of games.....

That Elway statement has to go down as the most ridiculous statement I have EVER heard come out of a Dolphin fan. You, sir, need to go to Denver's broken down bus and get off the Phin Express. Umm, "You're fired!"

:shakeno:

MARINO1384 said:
Yeah but fletcher wasn't in the right system here and it's not his fault he was drafted where he wasn't needed that's wanny's not his.

He was traded to the Chargers who run a zone which is suppose to be the system he fits in and he still stunk.

Billy Milner - The most completely useless 1 round pick

Sammie Smith - Biggest disappointment (9th overall)

Eric Kumerow - BLESTO had him rated as the #1 DE that year. Guess this is why we never hear about that scouting organization today.

Yatil Green - Worst luck of any draft pick in any year

I think Jamar Fletcher and John Avery are about tied with John Avery taking the cake the year Jimmy traded down before the draft and could have drafted Randy Moss at 21.

Of course Jimmy will give you some excuse; however he also drafted cecil collins in the 5th, a charged and later convicted felon.

I guess Zach Thomas makes up for it all.

havanahec said:
He was traded to the Chargers who run a zone which is suppose to be the system he fits in and he still stunk.

Yeah after like 4 years of being not in a zone and he was used to starting in college one thing he didn't really do in the pro's. But anyways i'm not sticking up for just saying that there's others that deserve to be put in front of him.

Back
Top Bottom