Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus???? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Results Are In: Worst Draft Pick as Polled by Finheaven Gurus????

dw10 said:
Yatil Green couldn't help his injuries. Who know's what could have been?? Sammie Smith, now there's someone who sucked. HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!!!

his true name was...Sammy " dont drop the ball " Smith...lol..wish i was alive in that era!!!!

FansinceJan'72 said:
probably Dan Marino cause we could've traded up and took Elway and won a couple Super Bowls.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!...DAN MARINO IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!:fire: :fire: :fire:

tmny99 said:
He was at least a good return man, mine goes to Yatil Green.

Yatil green....remember that one game where he dropped the ball..ohh wait he never played :boohoo:

I see a LOT of people here are quite young.

Yatil Green was injured so he gets a pass. John Avery was one of those Jimmy Johnson "you can take the BIG risk and win big or play it safe an be average" picks.

Worst Phins draft picks begin and end with names like:

Jackie Shipp & Jay Brophy: Picked in the 1st and 2nd round in 1984. The team needed an injection of youth and talent on defense and came up with this crap. This was the beginning of Don Shula's years of incompetent drafting that would sink Dan Marino's chances of winning a title.

Lorenzo Hampton: The team needed a young runner (even though, it could be argued Joe Carter was already on the team and the team could have drafted defense again). He has some moments but I consider him a stiff.

Rick Graf: John Bosa was drafted in the first round but I give him a pass as well because of injury. He was actually a pretty decent player who could never stay healthy. Rick Graf on the other hand just could'nt play.

Eric Kummerow: The incompetence continues. Eric Kummerow was the definition of a reach. He carried a mid rounds grade and we got sucked in by measureables.

Sammie Smith: Still looking for a good running back. He had no heart. As soon as things went bad (the fumbles) he let them spiral out of control.

Billy Milner and Andrew Greene: Two MAJOR reaches and the beginning of the end for Shula. Milner was a stiff and got traded and Greene never played a snap.

Well, I think Fletcher, IMO...But I can say this with unwavering enthusiasm....Saban's best pick throughout his tenure will be the steal of last year's draft- Channing Crowder...that kid is gonna be a beast! Sorry JMO

Yatil was a stud... just bad luck when it came to injuries... AVERY was just a horrible pick, i dont know anyone who expected that crap

My vote goes to Eddie the earthquake Blake.We need to stay away from guys with the first name Eddie.

Other then the obvious names already given, I would like to include: Jamar Fletcher, Wade Smith, and Eddie Moore.

I say Jamar Fletcher, he was always being burnt by every wide reciever but at least we got rid of him on the Feeley trade.

Which was the running back that we drafted in the first round during the Marino days that ended up in prison after his rookie season?

When you draft an OT with your first pick you are usually drafting a franchise type of player.That was not the case with Billy Milner.

One name that hasnt been mentioned is QB Rick Norton the Dolphins first round pick in 1966.AJ Feeley looks like an all pro compared to him.

Take a look at his stats.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/NortRi00.htm

Gardenhead said:
Eric Kumerow
John Bosa
Billy Milner
Yatil Green
John Avery

Any of these guys could take the crown.

I disagree. John Avery played and had one of the best dolphins TD's I"ve ever seen. Yatil was injured.

Kumerow, Bosa and Milner were far worse. They never played.

Back
Top Bottom