Votes: 8 6.3%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Pats 12-4
Fins 10-6
Bills 5-11
Jets 4-12

Give Saban at least another year to get into the Pats orbit.

If he's even ready, Culpepper will struggle in the AFC after playing in the god awful NFC North. He gets killed by good defenses and pass rushes. Now he's likely to have lost a lot of mobility, good luck keeping him upright. Harrington is just horrible. Saban should have kept Frerotte. Who cares if he was a #1 pick? He was drafted by the worst GM of this century!

Beasley? Big whoop. Shelton? Allen? Maybe a new home will turn their careers around, but it'll take time to say the least.

Having two former failed HC's as coordinators has been tried before. Just ask the Bills how it worked out. Now they're coordinators again, but they'll be running new schemes they aren't familiar with.

Sorry, 10-6 is the best I can do. :D

I think you are close with the # of wins the Dolphins will have, but not the Pats.

If Culpepper is ready, look for him to light up Defenses with the kind of weapons he will have at his disposal. The year before last he threw for 39 TD and almost 5000 yards, and the Dolphins have more weapons on offense than the Vikings did in 2004. He is a huge upgrade over Frerotte and can only make the team better. You can hope that he will struggle in the AFC, but being in the NFC North is not the only reason for Culpepper’s success. If it was, what about the QB’s for Chicago, and Detroit? They play in the same division, but are not even close to Culpepper.

People talk about his poor play last year, but there were other factors involved. Even at his worst Culpepper is an upgrade over Frerotte. Gus’s QB rating last year for us was 71.9. Culpepper’s QB rating last year was 72.0. That’s right, even with Culpepper’s worst season as a pro, he had a better QB rating than our last QB did.

As for Harrington, I don’t see him having to play much. If he does have to come in for a few games, I believe he can be successful. Joey is just as talented as our last starter. In 2004 he completed 56% of his passes, threw for 3047 yards, and 19 TD’s and 12 ints for a 77.5 Qb. Those #’s are better than Frerotte’s 2005 numbers were.

You give Beasley a Big Woop :confused: Why? He is widely regarded as the best blocking fullback in the NFL. In 2002 and 2003, he was selected second-team all-pro as a fullback. In 2003, he was named NFC team's starting fullback for the Pro Bowl.

You may have questions about the guys the Dolphins signed, but what about the Pats? They lost key guys, and have not signed anyone to replace them.

Here is my official prediction.

Dolphins 11-5
Pats 10-6
Jets 7-9
Bills 6-10

Never said DC was bad (as Joey and any Bears QB has been in recent years), but for the first time in his life, he won't have the wheels to escape the pocket, (not that Saban will want him to, at least until he proves his leg can take such abuse). I never compared him to the crap pretending to be QB's in Detroit or Chicago. The day Harrington starts for the Fins will be a dark day for the boys in aqua & teal.

If the Fins OL can give DC lots of time, sure, he'll have a monster season, but if he doesn't, he's dead meat. I don't think he can overnight change his game to become a stellar pocket passer, with that instinct Brady has to move within the pocket, yet to stay in it. My gut says he'll attempt to escape, or try some of those shovel passes ala Farve. He's never been known as a 'quick release' type QB.

Beasley as a blocker picking up the blitz will earn his keep and keep Daunte alive. I guess thats worth it, but it's no great praise to be the '#2 FB' in a league that doesn't use them anymore.

And, sorry, I like Chambers, but he's no Moss. What other weapons are you talking about? Randy? Booker? Not bad, but not much better inf any over the crew he had in '04.

QB rating? QB RATING?! Don't go there, please. He had a '72 rating' because he got injured. The way he was playing prior to that, he would have ended up with a 40 rating. And answer e this....how the heck did Brad Johnson step in and do so well, with the same cast of characters? He must be superior to Culpepper I guess...? :D

Never said DC was bad (as Joey and any Bears QB has been in recent years), but for the first time in his life, he won't have the wheels to escape the pocket, (not that Saban will want him to, at least until he proves his leg can take such abuse). I never compared him to the crap pretending to be QB's in Detroit or Chicago. The day Harrington starts for the Fins will be a dark day for the boys in aqua & teal.

No, I never said you did say that. I was just saying that playing in the NFC North was not the only reason why Culpepper’s stats are so good. As for Harrington, he has great potential, and IMO is as good or better than Frerotte. If he has to come in and play a few games, I think we will be fine. I think the Pats backup situation is more questionable. I know Brady has not been injured much in his career, but what if he goes down?

And, sorry, I like Chambers, but he's no Moss. What other weapons are you talking about? Randy? Booker? Not bad, but not much better inf any over the crew he had in '04.

Chambers is not better than Moss, but our receiving core as a whole is better than the Vikings 2004 crew. I bet you can’t tell me who was the leading receiver for the Vikings in 2004. The Vikings had Moss, Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, and Kelly Campbell as their receivers. We have Chambers, Booker, Welker, and Kelly Campbell. As for the other guys, the Vikings did not have a RB like Brown, or a TE like McMichael.

QB rating? QB RATING?! Don't go there, please. He had a '72 rating' because he got injured. The way he was playing prior to that, he would have ended up with a 40 rating. And answer e this....how the heck did Brad Johnson step in and do so well, with the same cast of characters? He must be superior to Culpepper I guess...?:D

You don’t know what QB rating he would have had if he had not gotten injured. There were other factors invoved in Culpepper’s poor play in 2005. My point is even at Culpeppers worst, he is still better than Frerotte. Even if he is not as mobile as he once was, he is still more mobile than Frerotte was, and is a very accurate passer. Brad played well in place of Culpepper, but Johnson was not the only reason the Vikings had a winning streak towards the end of the season. I could list a lot of reasons why Johnson performed better than Culpepper in 2005, but that is for another thread.

The New Guy said:
Chambers is not better than Moss, but our receiving core as a whole is better than the Vikings 2004 crew. I bet you can’t tell me who was the leading receiver for the Vikings in 2004. The Vikings had Moss, Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, and Kelly Campbell as their receivers. We have Chambers, Booker, Welker, and Kelly Campbell. As for the other guys, the Vikings did not have a RB like Brown, or a TE like McMichael.

Don't forget Hagan and Aroshamodu:wink:

The New Guy said:
No, I never said you did say that. I was just saying that playing in the NFC North was not the only reason why Culpepper’s stats are so good. As for Harrington, he has great potential, and IMO is as good or better than Frerotte. If he has to come in and play a few games, I think we will be fine. I think the Pats backup situation is more questionable. I know Brady has not been injured much in his career, but what if he goes down?

You don’t know what QB rating he would have had if he had not gotten injured. There were other factors invoved in Culpepper’s poor play in 2005. My point is even at Culpeppers worst, he is still better than Frerotte. Even if he is not as mobile as he once was, he is still more mobile than Frerotte was, and is a very accurate passer. Brad played well in place of Culpepper, but Johnson was not the only reason the Vikings had a winning streak towards the end of the season. I could list a lot of reasons why Johnson performed better than Culpepper in 2005, but that is for another thread.

If Brady goes down, Cassel comes in. Would I like to put the season in his hands? heck, no, though I'd take him over harrington, seriously. I'd rather put in an untested qb than Harrington. He never should have been drafted so high. Does he have skills? Yes. So do a lot of guys (including Cassel). I liked the little I saw from him against the Fins to end the season. Just a bit wide-eyed to say the least, but he calmed down and did pretty good for the kid's first action since High School.

For whatever reason, Joey could not do much in Detroit, even though they surrounded him with talent (albeit questionable talent), by using #1 picks on offense. Charles Rogers, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Mike Williams? Granted Rogers and M Williams are complete turds so far, but maybe JH was part of the reason?

Hey, don't count out the kid from East Bawstan, Wiggins. All he does is make big catches. Well, ok, he'sno McMicael. Nate Burleson is better than Booker in my book (no pun intended). He was their leading WR if I recall.

No argument there. DC>>>GF. I do find it hard to beleive he would have rebounded if he hadn't been injured. Did he pull a groin on the love boat or something that hampered his season? :D

I can understand any player playing poorly under that ownership / coaching staff. Lets see if Childress can turn it around up there.

If Brady goes down, Cassel comes in. Would I like to put the season in his hands? heck, no, though I'd take him over harrington, seriously.

I know Harrington has not been great as a pro, but to take a guy who has played in one NFL game over a guy who has started 55 out of 58 possible games is rough. I do see where you are coming from though; you feel Harrington stinks and would rather take a guy that has a chance to be good, even if you don’t know if he is.

I personally do not think Joey is that bad. He has played for DETROIT the past 4 years. What QB has been good for Detroit? Jeff Garcia went to the Pro Bowl with the 49ers, how did he do in Detroit with all that talent on offense? Just look at the WR’s they have drafted the past few years. Roy Williams has been the most durable only missing 5 games in the past two seasons. Charles Rogers on the other has been a huge disappointment only playing in 15 games in the past three seasons. Mike Williams, who was drafted just last year, played in 14 games catching 29 balls for 350 yards. Not so good.

Now that he is a Dolphins, Lions fans can say what they want about him, but they just make themselves look stupid, because those same people voted him as “Offensive Player of the Year” for Detroit just last season.

Hey, don't count out the kid from East Bawstan, Wiggins. All he does is make big catches. Well, ok, he'sno McMicael. Nate Burleson is better than Booker in my book (no pun intended). He was their leading WR if I recall.

What do you base that on? You are correct that Burleson was the leading receiver for the Vikings in 2004, but what has he done before or after that season? Despite playing for team that has Randy Moss to draw all the attention, Burleson has not been great in his first few years in the league. Booker played for Chicago who has had terrible QB’s, but he made 100 catches for over 1000 yards for the bears in 2001 and 2002. He would have had over 1000 yards in 2003 if it was not for an ankle injury.

I would take Harrington and Booker, but I am a guy who thinks that players with talent can reach their potential with good coaching. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

The New Guy said:
I would take Harrington and Booker, but I am a guy who thinks that players with talent can reach their potential with good coaching. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

I agree that Harrington is now in a place where he can possibly improve and utilize the talent he might have. He's never impressed me as being a smart guy, so I'll wait and see if Mularkey can coach him up. He did a pretty good job with Kordell Stewart, so anything is possible. :)

Booker has been a solid #2, but he's getting up there in age. I think Burleson has a better upside, but in minny, DC always went to Moss as his first, second & third option. Not sure what happend to him last year. ets see how he does this year in Seattle.

The New Guy said:
I know Harrington has not been great as a pro, but to take a guy who has played in one NFL game over a guy who has started 55 out of 58 possible games is rough. I do see where you are coming from though; you feel Harrington stinks and would rather take a guy that has a chance to be good, even if you don’t know if he is.

This was Tampa Bay's thinking when they signed Rob Johnson to be their backup QB in 2002, their Super Bowl year. When Brad Johnson went down, they found out why RJ was so disliked in Buffalo; they almost didn't make the playoffs because of him.

The only people in B-lo who think RJ was any good are the people who look at his stats; the people who watched him play know how lousy he was. As a QB, he was great in practice and ineffectual during games. The Bills did better with an aging midget from Canada, but the coaching staff liked ol' Rob, so he played until he got hurt -- again.

Gints fans best hope Eli stays healthy if RJ actually makes the squad!

Rob Johnson was never really a full time starter, so it is hard to compare the two. Plus Tampa Bay was Johnson’s third team he had been on. Harrinton has been stuck in Detroit his whole career where no QB has been successful. Harrington has a second chance to show that he can live up to his talent. If Culpepper is not ready, we will get the chance to see if he can.

Actually the "aging midget" is from N.England, he only earned his rings in
Canada,even well into his late 30's still ran circles around Johnson.
Anyway back on topic, the east is a LOCK and if everyone stays
healthy I cant see us losing more than 3 games...13 and 3!!!
ALL PHINS.
DOLPHINS-GIANTS "Superbowl"

The New Guy said:
Rob Johnson was never really a full time starter, so it is hard to compare the two. Plus Tampa Bay was Johnson’s third team he had been on. Harrinton has been stuck in Detroit his whole career where no QB has been successful. Harrington has a second chance to show that he can live up to his talent. If Culpepper is not ready, we will get the chance to see if he can.

Yes, he was the full time starter from at least 1999 through 2001. There was a QB controversy only because RJ wasn't up to snuff. He had every opportunity to prove himself, and he failed to do so, even after Flutie was banished to San Diego.

Buffalo made the playoffs in '99 only because of a tough D and Flutie heroics.

PS. I know that Flutie was from the Boston area, and he played in Canada. He was an Argo, and won multiple Grey Cups there. The late John Butler gave him his chance in the NFL, one of his best moves as GM. If only he hadn't given a first and fourth rounder for ol' RJ ... :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom