Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

That play happens to all QB's at one time or another... we got a break he didn't come up with it... it happens...

At this stage of their careers it's too early to say one is that much better than the other... They've both shown they have the skills to make plays and they both have the potential to be special in the up coming years...

I agree all of your post except the 1st part. I can't say that I've seen such a thing except maybe 1 other time in a college game.

I think Sanchez has proven he can be a very good quarterback in the league (as has Henne), but it's so early in both of their careers to say that one will be definitively better than the other. I think one of the Jet fans nailed it right on the head: most Dolphins fans will say Henne, most Jets fans will say Sanchez. Call it homerism, but it's human nature. Especially when one hasn't clearly seperated himself from the other at this point.

This +1. Right now it is 2-1 in favor of Henne. Its too early to say who is actually better. Both are comparable. Before this season I gave Henne the edge. But with how Sanchez is playing he has closed the gap where they are essentially equal. If push comes to shove Finatics will predominantly say Henne and a followers of the Green Filth will predominantly say Sanchez. Just the way it is.

for the jet fans on jets insider comparing sanchez to rodgers and brees already is just comical. they should be ignored because they obviously have no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

for the jet fans on jets insider comparing sanchez to rodgers and brees already is just comical. they should be ignored because they obviously have no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

JI is a cesspool... it's what they do...

Comparing any 2nd year QB to Vets & SB winners is retarded regardless of what fan base does it...

You've never saw a QB throw a pick to a D lineman? I'm not breakin' your balls here but come on...

To a D-Lineman? Many times. Favre did it vs. us in 2008. A pass directly between the numbers to a lineman 5 feet in front of him? Can't say I've seen all Qb's make that throw at one time or another.

Both QB need more time to develop with there given teams. I think Henne will win out as the better QB.

exactly right... please remember this is the 1st year the team has handed the reigns to Henne, declaring him the starter heading into preseason (last season Henne saw ample playing time, but we didnt go in with him as our #1 qb... that job belonged to Pennington until he went down wk 3 i believe.) as far as progression, Henne i believe will get much better as the season unfolds. the play calling, i think we all agree, has been sub par, killing drives with a failed wildcat, and bone headed passing plays when in short yardage/ endzone situations... Once the team/coaches are more comfortable, we'll see Chad playing to his strengths. I have no doubt.

In all, Sanchez is proving himself to be a good qb, and i'd say the same for Henne... the debate is far from over, and i expect both qbs to get better as the year progresses... in my opinion

It kills me to say this.. But Sanchez has proven he is a better QB...
I don't understand how you can say that is it because we lost the game? Didn't Henne have more yards and completions then Sandbutt, Give me a break We had beat the Jets twice last season so i guess Henne was the better QB last season. Sandbutt hasn't done anything oh yea his TEAM! won a couple of games in the playoffs last season and only got there because other teams layed down. He hasn't done crap!!!
His team has won a couple of games this season he hasn't done anything great he has had a couple of good games I don't right now know who is going to be the better QB of the two but i'm sure not going to give it to Sandbutt...

This is going to be a great debate for years to come. Both of our fanbases should be excited for the future with our quarterbacks. Personally, I think Henne is better because I watch him a lot more than Sanchez. It's the same reason why Sanchez thinks Henne is better.
Sanchez's bad games are more well documented because of the New York media, and the personality of Rex Ryan. (I think his successes are celebrated more for the same reason as well.) The fact is that they've both struggled and both shown flashes of brilliance.

One thing is for sure, Brady and the Pats are on the way down, and the current Jets vs. the Dolphins rivalry is the future of the AFC East.

It kills me to say this.. But Sanchez has proven he is a better QB...

really in two games? because last season he proved to not be very good and had to have his team carry him and even in week one..... you cant say someone is better than the other this EARLY in each others careers.... both have played very well so far this season and now we can see what henne really has now that the OC is opening up the playbook a bit more

I like how one of them states that Henne is a "system" quarterback, and that Marshall boosts his stat line. Yet, failed to mention Henne put up about the same numbers the first game between us and the Jets last year and had Teddy Ginn as his #1.

yea, he also benefitted from a strong running game and a 60 yard screen play to ricky williams. His numbers weren't that impressive.

2nd post summed it up for me.

Jets fans will take Sanchez

Dolphin fans will take Henne

Neither played poorly last night so there isn't much to beat around in a debate...

I have watched Sanchez since he was at USC. Im a oregon duck fan and watch alot of oregon and oregon state usc games. If you put pressure on sanchez he doesn't do well at all. Ravens game was a example. Pats and Dolphins had no pressure on sanchez and he did well. He also hit alot of wide open recievers.
Henne has done well with pressure in his face. I have the game tape and Henne made some unbelivebly good throws. Everyone that ******* about henne needs to watch a replay of the game.

Back
Top Bottom