((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

Ross is a dumbass. We've got superbowl 50 coming to town and if we had a real GM there was a good chance Miami could be playing at home for the superbowl, with Ireland we have no shot at it.

Odrick and Misi are a couple of back-ups on a good team and starters on a bad one. They are football nobodies. They are what we got for trading down when Earl Thomas was Right There.
"Hey, how'd you like to have a young Ed Reed hold down the secondary for 10 years?"
Im sure Im not the only one who was screaming at my tv when we traded down that day. How come everyone else in the football universe can make better picks than the GM of my favorite NFL team?

You're underselling Odrick. He is absolutely a starter on most teams in the league at DT or DE in a 3-4. Having said that, that was the absolute last position we needed at the time we drafted him.

Reshad Jones had more interceptions, more tackles, more force fumbles and more sacks. I would not complain about not having Earl Thomas considering Jones maybe just as good if not better.

Also Koa Misi and Odrick played very good. I think Odrick should be playing DT instead of DE. It's impossible to have all stars at every position. Also Chris Clemons had close to 100 tackles at the SS stop. We just need better corners and DE that can pass rush.

Reshad Jones had more interceptions, more tackles, more force fumbles and more sacks. I would not complain about not having Earl Thomas considering Jones maybe just as good if not better.

Also Koa Misi and Odrick played very good. I think Odrick should be playing DT instead of DE. It's impossible to have all stars at every position. Also Chris Clemons had close to 100 tackles at the SS stop. We just need better corners and DE that can pass rush.

In all fairness, we could have had both. Thomas at FS and Jones at SS would have been amazing.

Let it go, lets see what happens this year, I can understand the Ireland hate, But Ross, Give him time, i think he will right the Ship. He has dished out the money, to keep the games on your local TV, He is improving the Stadium, He has stated he is willing to open his check book to get the right players. What else do u want out of a owner? I think Irelands days are numbered and i think he knows it.

Ya but you could have had both. Jones is a SS and Thomas is a FS last time I checked. That would have been a great duo.

Odrick and Misi are a couple of back-ups on a good team and starters on a bad one. They are football nobodies. They are what we got for trading down when Earl Thomas was Right There.
"Hey, how'd you like to have a young Ed Reed hold down the secondary for 10 years?"
Im sure Im not the only one who was screaming at my tv when we traded down that day. How come everyone else in the football universe can make better picks than the GM of my favorite NFL team?

Odrick is a starter on most teams and a good NFL player. Use of hyperbole doesn't bolster your argument. However, I agree with you that when given the opportunity, you draft a player that can be a difference maker. Earl Thomas should have been the pick, NOT Dez Bryant (as some have lamented).
Willis should have been picked instead of Ginn.
Like it or not, there are many GM's and coaches (Jimmy Johnson, Bill Bellicheck) that believe that higher number of picks increases your odds of finding good players. Arguments can be made for either philosophy and examples exist for both. Of course, hindsight is what fans do best, since it is not their job on the line.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Reshad Jones is a pro bowl caliber player. He doesn't have the name recognition.

Could've had Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant .. but nope .. picked the only positions that we were actually decent/set at.

I'll take a 5th rounder in Reshad Jones any day. Earl Thomas is a good player, but we got much more value out of Reshad Jones.

Another thread about why Ireland should be fired? Really? This is getting tiresome!!!

Don't get this thread? We passed up FS Earl Thomas in the 1st Round and picked up FS Reshad Jones in the 5th.... in doing so, got two more starters in Odrick and Misi. Say what you want about them but that's 3 starters in one draft. That sounds like good value to me. Especially Reshad Joes in the 5th round. Misi may not bever be anything more than a solid player but i still think that Odrick's best football is ahead of him. I'm anxious to see how they all do with another year under Coyle's defense.

If we're going to play Captain Hindsight, why go with safety? At least pick positions of need like Jason Pierre-Paul or Demaryius Thomas.

Yea, another "This is why I think Ireland should have been fired" thread. Get over it people, he is here to stay this season and continuing to harp on the past is just unproductive. This is the off season that will determine his fate going forward into the future. The pissing and moaning about his job security now is a waste of time. I for one am excited for the Dolphins this off season with 5 picks in the top 82 and $45+ million in cap space.

Go Dolphins!

Let it go, lets see what happens this year, I can understand the Ireland hate, But Ross, Give him time, i think he will right the Ship. He has dished out the money, to keep the games on your local TV, He is improving the Stadium, He has stated he is willing to open his check book to get the right players. What else do u want out of a owner? I think Irelands days are numbered and i think he knows it.

Is this Ross's wife or mother? True dat

Back
Top Bottom