((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

I wanted him here, but lately all my wants through-out the years never really ever happened.

d-1

Where is Atlantas superball ring? They are all plaing gulf sume where. Talk to me when they win a ring

Why would he have wanted to the job in first place. Our front office stinks, talent stinks. the only thing we had going for us was money Ross was willing to pay. Jim said not enough money in the world to work under Ireland. he was smart.

But you also had the Atlanta Falcons, a team that was basically in the same position as Miami after the '07 season.
Here are some of the comparisons that followed after the '07 season for both Atlanta (4-12) & Miami (1-15):

• Hired New Front Office's
  • Hired New Coaches
  • High Draft Picks For The '08 Draft: Miami had the #1 Overall Pick, Atlanta had the #3 Pick. Miami had four (4) picks in the Top 66 of the draft, Atlanta had four (4) picks in the Top 68.
From the '08 season through the '12 season, Atlanta has the following stats:

• 56 Wins and 24 Losses
  • Four (4) Playoff Appearances - Two (2) Division Champions, Two (2) Wildcards
  • One (1) Playoff Win
  • Two (2) #1 Overall Playoff Seeds - Best Conference Record
  • Five (5) Consecutive Winning Seasons
From the '08 season through the '12 season, Miami has the following stats:

• 38 Wins and 42 Losses
  • One (1) Playoff Appearance - Division Champions
  • Zero (0) Playoff Wins
  • Four (4) Consecutive Losing Seasons

Atlanta has retained 29 of their 38 picks since '08. Miami has retained only 22 of their 43 picks since '08. So with less picks, Atlanta has still retained 33% more players from their draft than Miami has. That isn't an accident. That is very good drafting by Atlanta when compared to that of Miami.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/21/3900402/two-teams-same-starting-point-different-directions

Same amount of Super Bowl wins too

He wasn't coming here regardless, his whole fam is in Cali and they didn't want to move anyway.

His whole family isn’t out in the Cali. His sister lives in my town. I watch football with Jim Harbaugh’s brother-in-law every Sunday. Interestingly, he told me a couple of weeks ago that he tried to convince Jim to take the Miami job, mainly because of the income tax savings he would receive, but there were a few factors that guided him to remain out west. A) Obviously, not having to uproot his family was huge. B) SF had their offer on the table first. Hinting that Ross was too little too late. C) Ross was not passionate in his pursuit whatsoever. He went on to explain this last bit by saying that he was present during the much talked about flight out west of Ross and Ireland. He said that Ireland came off as uninterested and that Ross didn’t seem as though he really wanted him as the HC. He said that he (the bro-in-law) personally met with a couple of different GM’s and owners and that Ross came off as the least interested in Jim’s services of the group. D) Ross didn’t let Tony go before pursuing him. He said it spoke volumes on what type of owner he would potentially be working.

I’m not trying to Ross or Ireland bash with this. Lord knows there are plenty of those posts around here. I’m just regurgitating what was said to me from, what I feel, is a very credible source. After all, who has better insight than the man who breaks bread with Harbaugh on holidays?

JUST LIKE WE MISSED ON MATT RYAN AND MANY OTHER PLAYMAKERS, WE DRAFTED AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!

ALL WE EVER HEARD 2 YRS AGO WAS HOW MIAMI WAS IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY. I HAVE TO ADMIT, I DIDN'T EVEN KNEW COLIN KAEPERNICK WAS BEFORE THE 2011 DRAFT. THEN I WATCHED ALL HIS VIDEOS, AND THE MORE I WATCHED THE MORE I WANTED MIAMI TO PICK HIM BUT THEN...

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/2011/03/nevada-qb-colin-kaepernick-schedules.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hins-poised-to-take-colin-kaepernick-at-no-15

You just quoted a ****ing bleacher report article. Every single post you make is beyond terrible

Earl Thomas: Why Ireland should've been fired.

Odrick and Misi are a couple of back-ups on a good team and starters on a bad one. They are football nobodies. They are what we got for trading down when Earl Thomas was Right There.
"Hey, how'd you like to have a young Ed Reed hold down the secondary for 10 years?"
Im sure Im not the only one who was screaming at my tv when we traded down that day. How come everyone else in the football universe can make better picks than the GM of my favorite NFL team?

Honestly didn't think Thomas was going to be as good as he is, but trading down and having two chances at Gronk, a guy lots of people here were raving about, that's what hurts.

It's easy to go back and look at missed picks by any team. Not an Ireland fan but he is here for this off season so at some point you need to accept it and focus on FA and the draft instead of looking backwards.

Earl Thomas had everything you could ever want in a DB, he even had the guarantee of a star on his resume. he was a sure fire 100% guarantee. Thomas is the only player outside of Willis taht made me say holy cow, this guy is the next best thing to hit hte NFL after wtching just 2 tapes of him. It was unreal, instincts, form, technique, movement, agility, speed, accerlation, hands, i mean you could NOT find 1 thing to tell him to improve on without being a complete idiot.

Isn't this the guy who can't tackle running backs and got trucked by the back up falcons midget rb?

Aint losing sleep on this considering we have Jones

Isn't this the guy who can't tackle running backs and got trucked by the back up falcons midget rb?

Aint losing sleep on this considering we have Jones
so he got trucked once and now he sucks. lol dude is one of the best ball hawking FS in the league and you would have rather have jones over him? i've heard it all.

Back
Top Bottom