((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

Re: Two Teams, Same Starting Point, Different Directions: good read

Lol @ good read. Sounds like more complaining about crap that happened in 3...4....5...10 years ago from the usual suspects. Let me ask you something, how many Super Bowls have the Falcons won in that time period? That's right...the same amount as the Miami Dolphins...ZERO. Yeah, spare me the "well at least they've had the opportunity" noise...no one will remember all these stats or records you post 50 years from now if either team fails to win a championship and last I checked, neither team is going to play in the Super Bowl in 13 days.

Anyone who is a Dolphin fan knows what happened but some enjoy coming on here posting this stuff as if they are revealing something new to us and of course like you said the usual suspects are at the ready to add their superior knowledge and GM hindsight to the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well we havent won a championship since the 70's but I would much rather live through the marino era when we had a chance to win and made playoffs then the current Ireland era of 7-9

Go watch Back to the Future to get some tips on how invent a time machine then.

I said they have had better drafts, mostly due to taking the right QB, while we took the wrong one. But if we traded all those picks for Jones, our team wouldn't be in the same situation because we didn't have the same baseline of talent to start with.

That team wasnt that talented, We had talent just older talent. Most of the core of Atlanta is not from the team that went to the superbowl years ago. We had Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Zach thomas, We had ronnie Brown, we had vernon carey who was considered a good player then so much so Ireland gave him a 42 million dollar contract, yermiah bell. We were not totall devoid of talent it was just older talent.

Problem is our 2008 free agent class was poor

2vm8w10-1.jpg

2echdz8-1.jpg

Tebow??? who the **** is Tebow, Colin wouldn't be where he is now if he hadn't had the Defense to make up for the crap he does... He is very very average!!!

181 yards rushing average? 4 TD's game average? 98.3 QBR average? Oh wait, my bad.. He's not average, he's very very average.

I love the posters who think they "know-it-all" because they use hindsight to credit themselves and make them feel all warm and cuddly inside.

Honestly I wasn't on board with Kaepernick ever, but the guy has shut my mouth, he is a badass and the last time a first year starting quarterback won a Super Bowl was Tom Brady. So he's headed into good company if he accomplishes it.

And the scary part is, the Patriots had a scary good defense back then and San Francisco has a pretty damn good defense themselves too, and they're young. This is a team that is going to stick around for a long, LONG time.

My girlfriend being from San Francisco has made me root for the 49ers. :lol:

Funny thing about Matt Ryan since so many here crucify BP and Ireland for drafting Long and insisting that Ryan is an elite QB. Listening to NFL network on Sirius today, a couple of Falcons fans called in and were bashing Ryan for allowing the Seahawks and Niners to comeback from nearly 20 pts down 2 weeks in a row. They complained of his tendency to play poorly in big games and inability to put teams away.
One caller actually compared him to Romo (good stats during the season, but choking in the playoffs).
I think their arguments were a bit hyperbolic. However, considering the talent he has around him (Roddy White, Julio Jones, Gonzalez, Michael Turner), he should be expected to do better. I think he's a bit of a disappointment and certainly doesn't live up to nickname.
How well would Tannehill look with that surrounding cast?

Funny thing about Matt Ryan since so many here crucify BP and Ireland for drafting Long and insisting that Ryan is an elite QB. Listening to NFL network on Sirius today, a couple of Falcons fans called in and were bashing Ryan for allowing the Seahawks and Niners to comeback from nearly 20 pts down 2 weeks in a row. They complained of his tendency to play poorly in big games and inability to put teams away.
One caller actually compared him to Romo (good stats during the season, but choking in the playoffs).
I think their arguments were a bit hyperbolic. However, considering the talent he has around him (Roddy White, Julio Jones, Gonzalez, Michael Turner), he should be expected to do better. I think he's a bit of a disappointment and certainly doesn't live up to nickname.
How well would Tannehill look with that surrounding cast?

See, Ryan gets alot of flack, just like Romo, but neither teams defense gets any flack for allowing those teams to come back. I dont care what anyone says, Ryan is one of the best QB's in the game. He threw 3 TD passes against Seattle and 3 against SF and had a 93 and 115 QBR respectively in those games. What more do they want? Is that not enough? When do you start blaming the defense for allowing these teams to get back into the game. In those games, the defense folded, not the QB. You know what fans like that deserve, the MIami Dolphins QB situation for the next 20 years, like we have endured. That is always my argument and a winning one at that, when fans with a very good QB berate him... I say, hey, would you like to have Miami's QB situation over the past 15 years? Because Id gladly take your QB.. They NEVER have a comeback to that one.

See, Ryan gets alot of flack, just like Romo, but neither teams defense gets any flack for allowing those teams to come back. I dont care what anyone says, Ryan is one of the best QB's in the game. He threw 3 TD passes against Seattle and 3 against SF and had a 93 and 115 QBR respectively in those games. What more do they want? Is that not enough? When do you start blaming the defense for allowing these teams to get back into the game. In those games, the defense folded, not the QB. You know what fans like that deserve, the MIami Dolphins QB situation for the next 20 years, like we have endured. That is always my argument and a winning one at that, when fans with a very good QB berate him... I say, hey, would you like to have Miami's QB situation over the past 15 years? Because Id gladly take your QB.. They NEVER have a comeback to that one.

However, QB's are judged by their comebacks and championships. That's been the knock on Marino outside of us Phins fans. We didn't make the rules, that's just the way it is. He will be criticized until he wins a championship.

Kaep is far from a great thrower. He's going to get eaten alive when defenses get tape on him. He's a TREMENDOUS runner though.

Back
Top Bottom