((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

Its a false premise. The Dolphins and Falcons in 2008 weren't at the same starting point. The 2008 Falcons still had talent leftover from the team that brought them to the NFC Championship game in 2004-05 season. There was much more talent on that Falcons team than the DUMPSTER FIRE that was the Dolphins during the 2007 season. That team had gone through 7 years of poor talent acquisition up to that point... The situations between the Falcons and Dolphin weren't even comparable. That Falcon team failed mostly as a result of the maelstrom surrounding Vick.

Re: Two Teams, Same Starting Point, Different Directions: good read

That's depressing

It's only depressing to those that want to keep rehashing what happened years ago. Move on and look forward to what we have now and it's not so depressing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Its a false premise. The Dolphins and Falcons in 2008 weren't at the same starting point. The 2008 Falcons still had talent leftover from the team that brought them to the NFC Championship game in 2004-05 season. There was much more talent on that Falcons team than the DUMPSTER FIRE that was the Dolphins during the 2007 season. That team had gone through 7 years of poor talent acquisition up to that point... The situations between the Falcons and Dolphin weren't even comparable. That Falcon team failed mostly as a result of the maelstrom surrounding Vick.

That team had not had a winning record in three years thats pure crap. I mean u could say we still had talent leftover from 2008 but thats overblown

Don't worry it was all Parcells fault!

Jeff Ireland took over yesterday so he's not responsible for any of it!!!

It's only depressing to those that want to keep rehashing what happened years ago. Move on and look forward to what we have now and it's not so depressing.

7-9 7-9 7-9 go team

Re: Two Teams, Same Starting Point, Different Directions: good read

7-9 7-9 7-9 go team

Like I said move on our keep rehashing those years. You must live a miserable life.

I live in Atlanta and what's more depressing is back in '07 Arthur Blank thought he had Bill Parcels all wrapped up as his new VP of football operations.
We all know what happened from there.
The Dolphins hired Parcels instead and he drafted Jake Long with #1 pick.
The Falcons hired Thomas Dimitrof from NE as GM and Mike Smith as HC and draft Matt Ryan with the #3 pick in same draft.
Hopefully things are turning around, but Parcels ruined this team.

Like I said move on our keep rehashing those years. You must live a miserable life.

Actually I was referring to this season. Yes being a dolphin fan lately has been miserable and Im not gonna pretend hamburger helper is filet mignon. We still have the same GM so Im not thinking things are as wonderful as some want to believe, Same guy that had us bare at wr and cb last year

That team had not had a winning record in three years thats pure crap. I mean u could say we still had talent leftover from 2008 but thats overblown

Falcons
2004: 11-5 (Lost in NFC Championship
2005: 8-8
2006: 7-9
2007: 4-12 (Vick dogfighting charges + college coach who quit midway)

Dolphins
2004: 4-12 (Wanny's last season)
2005: 9-7 (Saban's first season)
2006: 6-10 (Saban's last season. The Culpepper Mistake)
2007: 1-15 (Fail Forward Fast)

Look, I am not disputing that the Falcons have drafted much better than the Dolphins since 2008, and yes, the QB pick was the main differentiator, but the teams were most assuredly not starting from similar situations. The Dolphins were going through their 4th regime change in a span of 4 years. With every regime change, players are churned out because they don't fit the same system. The Falcons had fired their coach the year before largely because they underachieved with what the FO perceived was good talent (that and the fact that Mora struck a wrong chord with the owner when he said the Washington gig was his dream job) So, while the Falcons were loaded with talent enough to compete for a Super Bowl just 3 years prior to the Dimitroff rebuild, the Dolphins were 3 years removed from the epic Wannstedtian failure and the botched Saban and Cameron regimes.

The situations weren't comparable. The cupboard was MUCH more bare for the Dolphins than for the Falcons.

Falcons
2004: 11-5 (Lost in NFC Championship
2005: 8-8
2006: 7-9
2007: 4-12 (Vick dogfighting charges + college coach who quit midway)

Dolphins
2004: 4-12 (Wanny's last season)
2005: 9-7 (Saban's first season)
2006: 6-10 (Saban's last season. The Culpepper Mistake)
2007: 1-15 (Fail Forward Fast)

Look, I am not disputing that the Falcons have drafted much better than the Dolphins since 2008, and yes, the QB pick was the main differentiator, but the teams were most assuredly not starting from similar situations. The Dolphins were going through their 4th regime change in a span of 4 years. With every regime change, players are churned out because they don't fit the same system. The Falcons had fired their coach the year before largely because they underachieved with what the FO perceived was good talent (that and the fact that Mora struck a wrong chord with the owner when he said the Washington gig was his dream job) So, while the Falcons were loaded with talent enough to compete for a Super Bowl just 3 years prior to the Dimitroff rebuild, the Dolphins were 3 years removed from the epic Wannstedtian failure and the botched Saban and Cameron regimes.

The situations weren't comparable. The cupboard was MUCH more bare for the Dolphins than for the Falcons.

The Falcons went out and aquired Gonzo, jones < Turner. They just had a much better gm than ours

Lol @ good read. Sounds like more complaining about crap that happened in 3...4....5...10 years ago from the usual suspects. Let me ask you something, how many Super Bowls have the Falcons won in that time period? That's right...the same amount as the Miami Dolphins...ZERO. Yeah, spare me the "well at least they've had the opportunity" noise...no one will remember all these stats or records you post 50 years from now if either team fails to win a championship and last I checked, neither team is going to play in the Super Bowl in 13 days.

The Falcons went out and aquired Gonzo, jones < Turner. They just had a much better gm than ours

I said they have had better drafts, mostly due to taking the right QB, while we took the wrong one. But if we traded all those picks for Jones, our team wouldn't be in the same situation because we didn't have the same baseline of talent to start with.

Lol @ good read. Sounds like more complaining about crap that happened in 3...4....5...10 years ago from the usual suspects. Let me ask you something, how many Super Bowls have the Falcons won in that time period? That's right...the same amount as the Miami Dolphins...ZERO. Yeah, spare me the "well at least they've had the opportunity" noise...no one will remember all these stats or records you post 50 years from now if either team fails to win a championship and last I checked, neither team is going to play in the Super Bowl in 13 days.

Well we havent won a championship since the 70's but I would much rather live through the marino era when we had a chance to win and made playoffs then the current Ireland era of 7-9

Back
Top Bottom