MERGED: Y. Bell Signs with Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Y. Bell Signs with Jets

This will allow them to cut Smith and save some cap money. Another in the box safety, meh

Sparano was the playcaller for the Cowboys, I think it was Romo's first year and as a team they had a top 5 offense and threw for over 4,000 yards. I'm liking this team better than last year, younger and faster at some positions and better character players. I see Sanchez stepping it up, hes improved statistically every season so far. Set 2 franchise records so far, one most playoff wins by a QB, and another the most TD in a single season for the team.
Not sure if speaks more to player or the franchise, lol

Sickle-cell Clark didn't want to play for Miami and took to Twitter to try and justify it by bashing our FO. Boo-effin-hoo. He's almost as classless as most Jest fans... Almost...

And for the record, Sporano was calling Jason Garrett's plays. That's why Garrett got the nod the following year.

almost as classy as making fun of his illness.

26 TDs is a franchise record?

32 total TDs(he had 6 rush TDs), 29 TD passes is the franchise record for pass TDs(we never had any marino types).

That is because no one wants to sign with the Dolphins. Ryan Clark said how he was offered more money by the Dolphins and was proud to not sign there, saying how bad of a organization they are with the people running them. Its a 1 yr deal for Bell, hes had over 100 tackles the past 4 seasons so how bad can he be? Gives us some depth.

While the ONLY team interested in Bell were the Jets. I love how your team is going straight downhill! Hope you guys sign a good kicker. Youll need it when your leading the league in FG attempts with the Meatball - Hope he isnt calling the plays for you guys either.. Oh wait, scratch that - yes I do!

While the ONLY team interested in Bell were the Jets. I love how your team is going straight downhill! Hope you guys sign a good kicker. Youll need it when your leading the league in FG attempts with the Meatball - Hope he isnt calling the plays for you guys either.. Oh wait, scratch that - yes I do!

really? why did the Philly Enquirer report it was down to the Eagles and Jets and PFT report both made similar offers? Other teams were interested, not in giving him a big deal but there was interest. Don't make stuff up and good luck hoping we suck.

Yeremiah Bell a Jet

What is it with former Fins going to the Jerts? :confused:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/233531/safety-yeremiah-bell-chooses-jets-over-eagles

Jets signed free agent S Yeremiah Bell to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
It's a mild upset after Bell's agent spent the day with the Eagles on Thursday. Now 34 years old with coverage skills that slipped significantly of late, Bell will have to compete for a starting job. Free safety Eric Smith was a fan and media whipping boy last season, though, so Bell's chances are better than they would be with another team.

Already posted.

But hey whatever, it sucks he went to a rival team but he's washed up at this point. We should be able to expose him as a liability in the pass game with all the times we've seen him get beat these last couple years

Already posted.

But hey whatever, it sucks he went to a rival team but he's washed up at this point. We should be able to expose him as a liability in the pass game with all the times we've seen him get beat these last couple years

Sorry if it's a repost. I just hate seeing players that I've admired as Dolphins wearing Jet green. Hurts my soul.

That is because no one wants to sign with the Dolphins. Ryan Clark said how he was offered more money by the Dolphins and was proud to not sign there, saying how bad of a organization they are with the people running them. Its a 1 yr deal for Bell, hes had over 100 tackles the past 4 seasons so how bad can he be? Gives us some depth.

No, only Ryan Clark didn't want to sign with the Dolphins. He even admitted after he re-signed with the Steelers in 2010 that the visit to Miami was a contract ploy. Funny how his story has changed. I guess all the free agents Miami signed this offseason didn't get the memo. lol

As for Bell, his play dropped off last year and his stats were inflated. He probably won't start in New York, and as people in the Eagles organization said "he is done". That is two organizations(Dolphins, Eagles) that don't see much of anything left in the tank.

No, only Ryan Clark didn't want to sign with the Dolphins. He even admitted after he re-signed with the Steelers in 2010 that the visit to Miami was a contract ploy. Funny how his story has changed. I guess all the free agents Miami signed this offseason didn't get the memo. lol

As for Bell, his play dropped off last year and his stats were inflated. He probably won't start in New York, and as people in the Eagles organization said "he is done". That is two organizations(Dolphins, Eagles) that don't see much of anything left in the tank.

Then why did Philly extend an offer to him if they felt he was done? He was deciding btw 2 offers today- us and philly.

Yeremiah Bell made his choice and it was not the Eagles.

The free agent safety signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets, an NFL confirmed, after he narrowed his choices down to two teams.

The Eagles and Jets made the same offer at one point Friday morning, a source close to the situation said.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Eagles_in_running_for_Yeremiah_Bell.html#ixzz1vFc7d5eS
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Then why did Philly extend an offer to him if they felt he was done? He was deciding btw 2 offers today- us and philly.

"at one point Friday"

Might have been the veteran minimum but the Jets stepped up by overpaying. That is a strong possibility. Just because most in the organization think he is done doesn't mean there is one that wants to take a chance(probably Sparano). Don't expect much from Bell.

Back
Top Bottom